Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm that Melbourne wanting Oliver out (yes it was driven by Melbourne), made Petracca even angrier at the club. Melbourne ‘wanted his salary of the books’ (as well as last year) they shopped him around. Petracca is on the same coin as Oliver so this infuriated him. If Edmunds mail is true and Melbourne has now gone back on their word, one can only imagine Petracca’s reaction. After Melbourne shopped Oliver I got told reliably by industry sources close to the situation it was a genuine 50/50 whether the Petracca camp come out publicly about his desire to leave the demons for us. Something tell me this has jumped drastically after Edmunds mail, especially if it is announced at the BnF without Petracca there.

Bigggg watch this space 👀

Christian Petracca in a packed out cafe this morning drinking his latte and reading the latest developments

1727996939043.gif

It’s simple, just like the Pellet with the Poison’s in the Vessel with the Pestle…

There's been a change...

The Flagon with the Dragon has the juice that is loose and the Vessel with the Pestle has the Bluemours that are true(mours)...

Honestly I'm not expecting any big names. I just want draft picks and to find out who these mysterious cap dumps and role players we're looking at are
This is what we need as a club. Good drafting and player development is the way. We have more than enough top end talent to challenge for a flag.

Honestly I'm not expecting any big names. I just want draft picks and to find out who these mysterious cap dumps and role players we're looking at are

Me either. Nothing points to us doing this.

However, what I do know is the club is much better run and keeps things under wraps better than ever before. I'm not expecting it, but I wouldn't be suprised if they are doing something none of us here or in the media have mentioned.

This is what we need as a club. Good drafting and player development is the way. We have more than enough top end talent to challenge for a flag.
I’d much rather a Blake Acres type of acquisition this season than a break-the-bank Houston type.

Coupla high draft picks, coupla Campos, a sprinklin of mature age goodness, Papley, Petracca, SDK, and Pavlich.

That’s it, and that’s all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riley Beveridge has linked Cooper Hynes to be on our radar for pick 11

So I just caught up on Gettable.

Beveridge did not link us to Hynes, other than in a segue from that they had just mentioned #11, and were announcing that Hynes was an upcoming guest on the show.

"Someone they could be considering at #11..."

I suspect we will end up grabbing Houston, but it'll be contingent on us finding another first rounder so we'll need to get creative with our trading and potentially offload next years first or package up our second with Owies or Kennedy.

Mate, the way you’ve written it is because Oliver is being shopped that has made Petracca even more angry…like he doesn’t want Oliver shopped

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Suits both our narratives. I know that Trac and Clayt are best mates. either way there is no good spin on Melbourne shopping Oliver around and then going back on it and doing it at the BnF whilst Petracca is at the redbull camp in Austria. Trac is even more fuming at the club now. Suing for breach of contract and making him be able to walk away for free is now well back on the cards-as Jon Ralph mentioned a few months ago was a possibility.

Me either. Nothing points to us doing this.

However, what I do know is the club is much better run and keeps things under wraps better than ever before. I'm not expecting it, but I wouldn't be suprised if they are doing something none of us here or in the media have mentioned.

I can’t believe that the club aren’t all in for a premiership in the next 2/3 seasons with Cripps at the peak of his powers and our other guns in their prime.
Flags are just so hard to win, you have to take your chance when you can.
The narrative being pushed from within the club that we are focused on the draft has its benefits.
It takes the heat out of any high level negotiations that may be happening behind the scenes and, if those negotiations fail to land the target/s, the draft narrative can smoothly run its course …

So wouldn’t keeping him in the end infuriate him even more if it doesn’t eventuate? Especially to ‘backstab’ him and say it to all the players at the BnF that Oliver is staying when all other players are present besides Christian
Just to be clear Glicksy, does Petracca want Oliver to go or stay?

Is Petracca dictating to the club who he wants to stay and who must go.

Mate, the way you’ve written it is because Oliver is being shopped that has made Petracca even more angry…like he doesn’t want Oliver shopped

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes that makes sense.
If Oliver is on the same money and Trac had been told no-one could take his contract and yet nek minnit they're actively finding a home for Oliver.
Also from previous info Trac & Oliver are mates and the two are on the outer with teammates.
Trac was apparently unhappy with the lack of support for Oliver rather than his behaviour per se.

I'm really enjoying this off season and next week will spike dramatically

Plenty of options for the club, from trading valuable pick/s for established best 22, to role players and focusing on pointy end draft talent

Nice to have viable options to continue to strengthen the list

Still maintain our best move was to part ways with injury prone players, the rest will be a bonus

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back