Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I am expecting this trade and draft period to be a fizzer and not address a majority of our positional needs. I think we are backed into the corner with our list management decisions, although I think a bigger problem has been our management and development of players during season.

We are not getting Houston. We simply don’t have the tradeable currency. Even if we were able to get the GC pick with a future first it still won’t be enough to get a deal done unless we split our current first. Houston is worth a pick in the 5-10 range or 2 mid/ late first rounders. We won’t have that currency without sacrificing the next 2 drafts. This would be madness. And I agree with port we are being delusional.

Putting up Kennedy , Owies and Young and expecting to get back any meaningful draft / trade currency is all well off the mark. These players are all limited footballers. Good enough to be on a list as depth at best. We should retain Kennedy and Owies on 1 year deals.

Haynes is very underwhelming imo. He was a good player a few years back with his athleticism to play 3rd tall defender. He has lost that and has recent injury form. Wasted list spot as he sits behind McGovern and Kemp in that role and does not have the strength to play key back. Young should be delisted. We are not winning finals with him as a key back.

I think the best outcome we can expect is via the draft with 4-5 selections. Use our first on Berry or Lindsay. We desperately need better ball users with agility and nous.

We won’t get GC 13 with our future first. Our future first probably values between 15-20 in this draft. If we can get in that range we can start targeting positional needs for the future.

If we can get another selection before the campo bid/ bids we can end of with a decent draft haul. I just don’t see any players we can trade in this year that are a match for our needs and come at cost that we can manage from a salary cap and trade perspective.

We have to work with what we currently have next year and hope that our current young group , eg Moir Lord, etc along with new draftees develop at a rapid pace.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm giving motlop a Mulligan this year...cruelled by injury. His goal vs melb in the semi was top shelf...sure he's not quick but not on my trade list

Yeah I’m not buying into him being a lazy preparer, poor trainer etc..
If I recall in pre-season Voss said he’d been most impressed by Motlop and E. Hollands. I doubt he’d make that statement about Motlop if his training standards were poor. His year was hampered by numerous set backs. He’s our best small forward IMO or at least projects that way. Absolutely not at all sold on Durdin, Fantasia, or Owies. Motlop would be first kept of that quartet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone be so kind to give an update that includes something like a deposit at a financial institution that focuses its efforts on personalised and the community please.
We're looking at re-drafting Finbar as a rookie....pull out the pushblke and venture down to the local credit union :thumbsu:

Is the ‘salary dump’ mystery player still a thing?
I find it a little odd that while Soap mentioned he knows the player but has been asked not to say, Glicksy comes along all guns blazing and apparently has the same information yet doesn't share the name despite being happy enough to dox his sources.

Last edited:
Where does this Motlop isn’t quick dribble
Come from?

He literally recorded the fastest running speed of any Carlton player last year in round 9 at 34.4 km/h
Cripps has also been in our fastest runners this year in terms of max speed. Doesn't mean bigger all, he's as slow as anyone off the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back