Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

People seem so thrilled not to give Port 'what they want' and don't care about getting Houston. Just watch another team thrive with him.
We have enough quality defence do we?
Would you say Doc and Guv are the durable sorts?
Just throw SOS down there you say?
You wanna scramble again like we did all year?

Who's gonna fill in? Lewis? Mmm.

Who do we have that's coming in as a kpd?
Maybe there are a few almost ready to play?
Who? How many?
Williams plays forward now. Marchy has gone.
HAynes...yes. 32yo. I hope he's durable.
I just don't get the almost gleeful 'we don't need him' chorus.
Cos I reckon we'd be greatly enhanced with him.
No. I'm not saying sell the farm.
But please try very hard to find a way Austin.
Our time is now.
Maybe losing almost all our backline has made me somewhat sensitive around this. 🙂
Well said mate, I can tell you as a mate of Houston's his preferred destination is Carlton. Players at Carlton want him in including Weitering who is a big fan as he knows how consistent Houston is compared to a lot of our other defenders who are up and down.

Loved what Austin said.

Priority is draft. Speed, run and a KPD.
Very happy to see him basically infer Houston is unlikely at this stage.

Reckon if we're targeting speed in the draft guys like Travaglia, Berry and Lindsay are in the frame.

And if Trainor is still available he could be an option.

No chance on Hynes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can get his Hammys right I reckon he will play senior games in 2025. Still raw but mentally tough and has the attributes

Just to expand. Cerra back from Qatar and very happy. Believes hammy problems fixed and feels great. Something to do with nerve endings etc?

Carlton sent Physio with him to observe and hopefully learn something new. Hopefully players like O’Keefe, Saad benefit as well

Just to expand. Cerra back from Qatar and very happy. Believes hammy problems fixed and feels great. Something to do with nerve endings etc?

Carlton sent Physio with him to observe and hopefully learn something new. Hopefully players like O’Keefe, Saad benefit as well
You have made my day

What did the Lions add last year to get over the hump this season?

Sometimes hitting the draft is the best option for a club. There's no feasible targets out there which fill our positional needs for a good price, but they are available in this draft around our picks.

Getting aggressive would be great and someone like Houston or Bailey Smith would be awesome... but we have 3-4 gaps in our list and selling the farm for mature agers just isn't going to possible without giving up all our draft capital and blowing our cap out the water.
Lions started the season poorly, losing 6 of the first 10 games. Even Carlton, Collingwood and Cats beat them at the Gabba in the early rounds. They turned it around in the second half of the season.

Even so GWS beat them twice in the H&A season and was leading by 47 points half way through the third quarter in the SF. How the Lions came back and kicked the last 6 goals to win the game - luck, GWS choked, courageous play …. possibly all the above.

Reckon it was an attacking style of footy through the corridor which turned it around for them in the season and finals more than just adding a player/s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back