Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

So does keeping him ...
Understand what you’re saying in some way, he’s definitely got some attributes to his game that are hurting us after the ball leaves the ruck contest, his limited around the ground and isn’t a factor marking around the ground either…

But he has played some great games for us in his time here, in big games, unfortunately since the knee injury and his overall physical limitations he simply is only a backup when needed now…

Meanwhile the remainder of the competition improves their list aggressively.
Cats, Hawks, Crows ,Power, just a few that will be much stiffer competition in 2025.
We’re in a jam, 4/5 monster contracts for our champions and a few not so good are strangling our mobility. Let’s hope we snare the Camporeale boys cheaply they’ll be good footballers and either a quality tall for defense or skilled small forward. We need a speedy midfielder too, but can’t address all problems in one trade period.
lt is difficult to trade heavily & hit the draft, we have not brought in alot of young talent in the past 4 years via the draft, l suspect investing in some young talent is a much better approach even though this must satisfy some supporters.

We will take Ollie Lord off their hands….
Harry, JSOS, Lord, OKeefe = plenty
I’d also like to see if Ollie has the ability to play KPD, he is a natural forward who reads the game well for a big fella, worth a shot…
If not you have a young 22yr 198cm KPF relief RUCK going forward, still surprised Port are letting him go..

Just to expand. Cerra back from Qatar and very happy. Believes hammy problems fixed and feels great. Something to do with nerve endings etc?

Carlton sent Physio with him to observe and hopefully learn something new. Hopefully players like O’Keefe, Saad benefit as well
Cerra has genetically weak hamstrings. Loses his hamstring strength quicker than anyone else on the list. This comes from a Carlton physio contact. I highly doubt he’s issues are resolved from a short Qatar trip.

If we keep Young we may only run with just TDK Pittonet and O’Keefe on list.

As Austin said spots are tight and if one goes down early we may use mid season draft.
Forgot about Young, which id prefer us to play on those similar sized forwards as himself, instead of mismatching McGovern and Kemp on them…

Thought he stood up well enough when playing in the later part of the season, we know his limitations…

Austin didn't state it, when the statement was made by the reporter, he didn't confirm or refute it
That's what I said
He doesn’t need to state or refute it. It’s widely known Owies has not had a contract put in front of him by Carlton. I’m sorry for stating the facts. It won’t happen again

He doesn’t need to state or refute it. It’s widely known Owies has not had a contract put in front of him by Carlton. I’m sorry for stating the facts. It won’t happen again

There is a real chance that even if someone doesn’t pick him up we may not either. All depends on other deals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sort of came across that you were implying Austin made the statement

As for widely known, everyone gets different information, but I do know, he won't get the contract he wants/driving, at Carlton

Forgot about Young, which id prefer us to play on those similar sized forwards as himself, instead of mismatching McGovern and Kemp on them…

Thought he stood up well enough when playing in the later part of the season, we know his limitations…

There’s also Jack as well. Probably enough to carry on one list

It sort of came across that you were implying Austin made the statement

As for widely known, everyone gets different information, but I do know, he won't get the contract he wants/driving, at Carlton
Never once said Austin stated it. It was said by our media team and then I’m sure the club checked it before posting it as would have Austin.

People have stated on here over the past few weeks he has been offered a contract and that’s just wrong.

Cerra has genetically weak hamstrings. Loses his hamstring strength quicker than anyone else on the list. This comes from a Carlton physio contact. I highly doubt he’s issues are resolved from a short Qatar trip.
Hasn't been a issue in his career until late in the 23 season, no reason to believe at his age the problem cannot be resolved going forward.

Never once said Austin stated it. It was said by our media team and then I’m sure the club checked it before posting it as would have Austin.

People have stated on here over the past few weeks he has been offered a contract and that’s just wrong.
So you can categorically prove that this is fact?

I've heard differently, that he has been offered minimal terms/salary

Can confirm. Hasn’t even had chance to discuss. Right or Wrong these are the facts

This is the info I've been working off of as well.

It's not as though he won't get an offer at all from Carlton.

It's that the offer we have for him wont be close to the best offer he'll get around the league. To the degree of a couple hundred thousand per season. For example, he's looking at 200-300k with us when he's getting 400-500k+ elsewhere.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he ended up saying "**** it. I want to stay." But that's potentially life changing type differences of money he's turning down (e.g. half a mil over two seasons)

I think the difference posters need to understand is the difference between "won't be offered a contwct" and "hasn't been offered a contract."

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back