Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of what you mentioned doesn't really relate to Houston. We do have an issue with depth for KPDs but Houston in no way helps us with that. If anything it hinders our ability to trade for or pick up players in that draft that can play in that position. In terms of half backs we have Saad and Newman who are locks in our top 10-12 players picked each week. Then have Cowan, Boyd, Wilson who also play that HB/BP role - I personally have Cowan/Boyd in my early best 23 for next season. Then on top of that we have O.Hollands who played well at HB in the last few matches of this season.

If we can get Houston for a reasonable deal I am all for it - he is obviously a quality player. But compromising our ability to hit the draft or trade for other pieces that actually fill required positions (i.e., small forward, outside midfielder, key position defender) just to bring in another star that doesn't fill a real positional need doesn't make sense to me.
I'm aware he isn't a KPD. I pay attention to all the posts and also google!😛

I got into more generally how our defence is looking.
You make a good point, but to get durable quality in...real talent ...it's gonna lift all the backs. I would hope we are already developing a KPD.. maybe we'll get a moneyball back up for thus year, and draft someone.
It should not preclude us having a red hot crack at Houston..and a chance to play prelim into a GF.
I do not want to watch another team take advantage of his talent.
Ww shouldn't be too stubborn.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile the remainder of the competition improves their list aggressively.
Cats, Hawks, Crows ,Power, just a few that will be much stiffer competition in 2025.
We’re in a jam, 4/5 monster contracts for our champions and a few not so good are strangling our mobility. Let’s hope we snare the Camporeale boys cheaply they’ll be good footballers and either a quality tall for defense or skilled small forward. We need a speedy midfielder too, but can’t address all problems in one trade period.
Can't agree with that general statement bm

Jack and Doc are ready made improvements to our list

A fit (hopefully) Cerra and Curnow are another couple of ready made improvements

Moir, Binns, Lord and hopefully Wilson could be ready to play much more senior footy...maybe even OKeefe

A fitter EHollands and OHollands hopefully had his second year blues (ptp) year, although picked up later in the season

Martin, Marchbank and Cuningham out make our list stronger just because they reduced our playing list availability and flexibility by about 10% (assuming we would've played 30 players)

Strong draft-this means we are drafting for the future and for now (strong draft usually means that players good enough to step up in first year)

Campo boys - unknown but I'm excited

Haynes-some steadiness down back and support for Weiters

And-there may be other things in the showbag we're not aware of yet...I don't know but hoping

The lion's share of improvement MUST come from within, otherwise it's an indictment on our current list

Hopefully we want 13 to take to draft if we're giving away 34 to get it too.

Think the more likely outcome is that it’s to try to get Houston honestly. But I wouldn’t be mad if we got it and went to the draft with it either. 2 top 20 picks this year would be nice.

Giving away 34 would be to get back into the 2nd round of next years draft. You can’t trade a F1 and F2 without still holding a 2nd round pick in that draft.

Think the more likely outcome is that it’s to try to get Houston honestly. But I wouldn’t be mad if we got it and went to the draft with it either. 2 top 20 picks this year would be nice.

Giving away 34 would be to get back into the 2nd round of next years draft. You can’t trade a F1 and F2 without still holding a 2nd round pick in that draft.
Yes but if 34 is gone there's not much left for bids and the 4th pick Austin mentioned will be very late

I think if we get 13 it will be for Houston and the only scenario in which it's taken to the draft is if Port turn it down (which is quite possible given their demands so far).

Someone will be happy to take 34 for an F2.
If we get #13 it's really a win/win. We either take two top-15 picks or we end up with Houston + one top-15 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back