Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Dan, wants the Blues, probably gets picked up by the toothless rabble lol
If he wants us so badly, he should nominate us. Take the ‘pies out of the mix and give us more scope to trade the pick. We want that pick (or another late first) maybe for Houston, but definitely as a fall back to take to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pies lose Noble and Richards for Houston that is a huge loss

Noble plays a similar role at a lesser level and Joe Richards is the only young midfielder they’ve blooded that has so much as given a yelp
Lose two 'bit part' (albeit with some talent) players for a dual AA player that makes the Pies immediately better.

This post screams more of hope than reality, me thinks.. 🙂

Who between 13 & 20 is known to be trading out?

No idea, but at a glance:

- Richmond's outgoing group of players could end up with them being overstocked with draft picks, and if they can't/don't want to move up any higher then they may be happy to defer a pick til next year.

- GWS just got silly compo for Perryman, now hold 15, 16 and 21. Not sure on their academy options next year but they could be open to trading one back.

- Sydney have a couple of late firsts (19 and 22) - similar story to GWS, they may have a greater need for a pick next year.

- GC also have Pick 23, depending on their list numbers and other picks they may also be happy to trade 23 back a year if they already have enough points to secure Lombard.

Early days, no idea where all these picks will end up with other trades still needing to happen, but there's a very real chance that we can opt out of the bidding war for Pick 13, pay a fairer price for (eg.) Pick 18, and either get the player we'd have taken at 13 or one of a similar calibre.

Ie. miss out on Berry, draft Hannaford.
Or miss out on Hotton, draft Tauru.
Or miss out on Travaglia, draft Lindsay

And if we retain Pick 12, we're getting our first preference from the two picks anyway.

There’s not a chance Noble is a first round trade.
2nd to 3rd at best.

If Gold Coast give Collingwood a 1st rounder for Noble, it would be in line with how Noble plays..... completely uncontested

Ie. miss out on Berry, draft Hannaford.
Or miss out on Hotton, draft Tauru.
Or miss out on Travaglia, draft Lindsay
From what I've heard Tauru is putting up absolutely silly numbers at the combine and is looking more and more likely by the day to be a top 10-ish pick. I personally don't see it on the field but the numbers are there.

Looks like Houston will land at the Pies. Joe Richards was the key to it. Looking like it'll be...

Noble + F1 to GCS for picks 13 + 23
Richards + picks 13+23 to Port for Houston (plus some change back in return)
Would be sheer madness for GCS to take that deal. So sounds like a done deal then.

Looks like Houston will land at the Pies. Joe Richards was the key to it. Looking like it'll be...

Why would GCS accept that trade?

If we come knocking on the door with F1 + F2 for 13 + 49, surely they take that?

23 for Noble is actually too generous anyway...

I can't understand clubs demanding 1st round picks for players that are fringe best 22...

Big win for the Pies if true.

Am I missing something with noble? 180cm running defender that averages >20 touches per game. 28 next year. Barely best 22 at pies. Seems like your classic fringe player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back