Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Bailey Smith rumour is dog sh*t unfortunately

Man, if we took LDU instead of Dow imagine where we’d be?

Nothing against Dow, he was worth the pick - everyone had him there

But imagine we had LDU, his burst from contest would’ve complimented us superbly

Just shows you how speculative this game can be

Dow, Cerra, LDU were all rated about the same. Ashame we managed to pick the one bust out of the 3 when we had the first pick (though we got cerra later). LDU is exactly what we need.

One thing to remember with news articles we're seeing. News services have allocated resources to reporters to cover the trade period. They need to write articles every day. There have been no trades now, in nearly 3 days (just 2 early on the first day). No real stories to write. So what will they do? Make shit up, of course.

in the slimmest of hopes Austin gets Bailey Smith, would that be the biggest Coup since the Franklin deal to Sydney?

The trade period has this uncanny knack of the biggest deal(s) (Houston/Smith, Oliver?) being done in the last 2 days. No need to stress too much about things before that time.

Good analogy, but if I remember correctly he nearly drowns and has to be saved by his brother...

Also the race isn't a 1 v 1. It's 1 vs 17 in reality.
The guy who wins, saves the better brother from drowning.

If we miss on Houston, its fine, i just hope we do more than just go for top picks, I’m still hoping for ballance

Dow, Cerra, LDU were all rated about the same. Ashame we managed to pick the one bust out if the 3 when we had the first pick (though we got cerra later).
Yeah, it’s so speculative - makes the draft so interesting

Warner went late and is exactly the player we need too. Just gotta nail one speculative pick and get your first rounders right and you’re laughing.

So many factors though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we “miss” out on Smith, who will we be in for next? We always seem to be linked with someone, so who is the next player after Houston and Smith? Thumbs up for anyone who can post our next targets name today and it turns out to be true. 🙄

I’m sure Crippa and Walshy will be rapt with the player selected at pick 12 when Houston was available

I know people are laughing at this but to me its on the money, the facts are Houston is a proven top quality, dual AA footballer who would makes us better next year and for years afterwards, the player at pick 12 or whatever it ends up as, has zero AFL experience and a strong possibility of not making it as a AFL player.

This is a huge gamble and regardless of how many kids we pick or where, by time they are even 22, Cripps, Doc, Sadd, Gov, Newman will most likely be gone.

So what year are we actually going all in on a premiership?

When we “miss” out on Smith, who will we be in for next? We always seem to be linked with someone, so who is the next player after Houston and Smith? Thumbs up for anyone who can post our next targets name today and it turns out to be true. 🙄
It's about time we got Bonts that Brownlow the media so richly believe he deserves.

Reckon their theory is that if they can be top 4 when they hit that point, they can trade off ladder position and the size of the club to target free agents.

Could pay dividends, sure, but if it doesn't then they plummet at the worst possible time.

I get the argument, just as likely is that we go all in on the draft and most of the players selected dont make the grade or take a few years to develop and we miss a huge chance at a flag.

I thought we could have got Houston, still had a 1st round pick and still got a player in the 20s before a bid on Ben

I know people are laughing at this but to me its on the money, the facts are Houston is a proven top quality, dual AA footballer who would makes us better next year and for years afterwards, the player at pick 12 or whatever it ends up as, has zero AFL experience and a strong possibility of not making it as a AFL player.

This is a huge gamble and regardless of how many kids we pick or where, by time they are even 22, Cripps, Doc, Sadd, Gov, Newman will most likely be gone.

Really…? Wow

Hearing we have now turned our attention to Bailey smith by getting another F1 before Geelong and taking a top end draft pick and Baz.

Highly likely he will go to the ND as Geelong and WB won’t come to an agreement. GW pushing it.
He is aggressive. It’s a risk but could pay off in dividends. He backs the Charlie, Hansen and Austin link to get the best out of him.

He was the reason Collingwood and hawks won flags.

He was behind the Treloar and Grundy salary Dump trades which won them a flag.

Big watch this space should Geelong and dogs not come to an agreement.

#Bluemour
Sure.

Why can’t we win a premiership in 2025?

I would get rid of both and replace with Ethan Phillips and/or similar state league player.

I think we keep borderline players for far too long and actually think this is a case of better the devil you don't know. I'd rather take a punt on an unknown quantity than hang on to one we know is not good enough and/or perpetually injured.

Young has two years left on his contract. I suspect the club would have cut him if not for that. That's why we shopped him, to see if we could get him off our books.

S Durdin would be the exact player we are after, if he was fit. But he isn't. Oscar Macdonald all over again.
The mechanics/logistics around this become the issue.

A Phillips or similar in the SSP period to go on the rookie list would be spectacular. Not a lot of room on our main list, even if Young leaves. Created three spots already and four players in limbo. Two spots already spoken for with Haynes and Boyd upgrade. Four spots likely needed (minimum) for the draft. May already be looking at mechanisms to send players to rookie list to make room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back