Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

This Dan Houston thing is so confusing. It sounds like he is happy to go to any club that can pay Port’s asking price. So be it if that is North Melbourne.

Our 12 to Sydney for 19 & 22

19 &22 to port for Houston
Port send 22 to Gold Coast for Lukosious
Carlton send Owies to Gold Coast for peanuts

We get Houston for 12& owies
Port get 19 & Lukosious for Houston
Gc get 22& Owies for Lukosious

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If it's a pick that late (60s), there won't really be a futures market now that the 4th round will have no points
Depends what clubs need next year to match bids

Depends on the position of the club I guess. It's likely there are a bunch of clubs that have picks that they already know they won't use. And then it's playing nice in the ballpark.
Plenty clubs won't use all their picks in the draft, but many finalise their roster/add players like DFAs after the draft

I some how think Houston gets to us, that’s where he want to be ?
Feel the same Esk. The longer this goes on, the more confident I am that we get him. Austin has played a smart game and

played it really cool. But with Vossy and some senior players hot on him and port knowing that now is the time to get

maximum value for him. Of course he is a contracted player still, anything could still happen.

Yet, I will be surprised if we don't end up snaffling him.

He goes to the same school as my boys and I've watched a fair bit of him this year. He's got a healthy dose of mongrel as well. I'd love him at the Blues.
Had a look at his highlights videos. My first thoughts were damn… second thoughts were “we need this kid”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stick to your guns Austin and hit the draft..

Trades and FA in 2025, then Academy kids at the 2025 draft.
We wouldn't be giving up the draft? Just balancing. Do you want just pick 3, or both current picks on draft?

If he picks them yes. If he wants us or pies and Port are trying to push him elsewhere they'll want to offer more.
I really don't see Port telling Houston which club he can go to. But I can understand him keeping options open.
Eg say North did offer to split 2 with us.
That might be enough for us to tell him we're out and he takes the cash at North

My call is it won't. Austin isn't keen at all and only reason we are mentioned is because Voss wants him. We haven't even met with Manager or discussed contracts

PS The best we can offer is 12 and steak knives. Collingwood & North are coming with everything and both are very keen. North will easily have the best offer. I reckon Austin is happy about this
Interesting.
Other takes have been Austin is open for the right deal.
EP listed it as a possible scenario both rimes but only if it's for the right deal.
That's a different slant than what you write above. Paints a negative stance from Austin rather than a flexible one where he sees the value, but won't compromise for it.

Lol... All over the shop. Yesterday Cal says "no chance", today "back in the mix"...

I know it's for clicks, but still....
Confused Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Cal each morning. Haha!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back