Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

So EP posted yesterday three scenarios in decreasing likelihood. Option 1 (trade up to top 5 pick) is seemingly gone.

Next option was take 12 + 14 to draft, then Houston for one of those picks as option 3 if the GCS deal fell over.

So if Collingwood aren't getting Pick 13 then it really only leaves NM.

Then if NM don't get pick 13... you'd think that'd we have the negotiation power then.

Makes perfect sense with us finalising the Weitering contract extension earlier.

There was no urgent need to that done right now, unless we’re sorting out our Salary Cap to bring in a player on a decent salary.
Somebody is running the spreadsheet in overtime as we speak....

Interesting.
Other takes have been Austin is open for the right deal.
EP listed it as a possible scenario both rimes but only if it's for the right deal.
That's a different slant than what you write above. Paints a negative stance from Austin rather than a flexible one where he sees the value, but won't compromise for it.

I don't see it that way at all

Austin has ALWAYS been open to right deal. Nothing has changed.

We have a clear plan and the Houston deal will fit into that or it won't. Others seems to be offering more

I like the fact that we have options and are open to anything but it needs to be on our terms.

So EP posted yesterday three scenarios in decreasing likelihood. Option 1 (trade up to top 5 pick) is seemingly gone.

Next option was take 12 + 14 to draft, then Houston for one of those picks as option 3 if the GCS deal fell over.

So if Collingwood aren't getting Pick 13 then it really only leaves NM.

Then if NM don't get pick 13... you'd think that'd we have the negotiation power then.

He said most likely was option 1 and least likely was 3

My sense is that Houston will depend on getting some value out of the players we are probably going to lose.

Owies, J. Carroll and maybe Kennedy.

If we can get enough there to generate a good enough addition to Pick 12. We will do it.

Otherwise I can't see how it happens

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

This Dan Houston thing is so confusing. It sounds like he is happy to go to any club that can pay Port’s asking price. So be it if that is North Melbourne.
I actually thing North are probably the best club for him playstyle wise. Elite kicking half backs have been huge in Clarkos system and Houston would be a perfect fit. Maybe they aren't at the end of the ladder Houston would like, but I could see him being utilised the best there and playing a huge role.

If he's being offered the most there, and they are offering Port the most, I could easily see him at Norf. Seems like a win-win-win. The only downside is ladder position, everything else seems to be better at Norf.

Bailey Smith’s management is threatening to walk him to the National draft believing that clubs won’t take him given the depth of the draft. Just posturing of course but I’d throw pick 14 at him for sure.
Clubs should all be saying the same to force Geelong to pony up. Scavengers.

Also, the Cotton On link can’t be hidden as much if ND or PSD salary is published.

We wouldn't be giving up the draft? Just balancing. Do you want just pick 3, or both current picks on draft?
Though I’d really like Draper, multiple picks makes more sense.

If Pick 12 for Houston doesn’t get done.

Then I’d rather swap Pick 14 to Sydney for Picks 19 & 22 and hit the draft with Picks 12, 19 & 22.

Houston, Smith, SDK or Petracca are the only players I’d offer one of our firsts for.

He said most likely was option 1 and least likely was 3
That's what I said - decreasing likelihood; option 1 most likely, option 3 least likely! :D

There's a chance that neither pies or NM get pick 13 right now, which means we'd be in prime position for Houston negotiation you'd think.

Durdin - almost in the injury prone category
Moir - played 2 quarters of AFL - is also 187cm tall. Surely he replaces Kennedy (188cm).
Motlop - almost in the injury prone category
Fogarty - has already peaked. Will never be a massive goal kicker.
Doc - should have retired
Cottrell - wing is his best position
Fantasia - next season will be his last surely
Boyd - never seen him in the forward line. Never kicked a goal in the AFL.
i think Boyd's kicked one...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NM still want to do the Daniel and Parker deal...

Unless they split pick 2, and touted that WB rejected pick 25 for Daniel, how can they get Parker, Daniel and Houston to the club with their current draft hand (even if they can secure pick 13 as well)?
They might not worry about Daniel if they get Houston

What is it with Gold Coast,every year it’s the same crap they’re obviously run by a pack d…heads.

Just pick a club that offers you the best deal not rocket science.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Definitely a risk of them trying to be too smart in this situation (looks like they're trying to run the clock down).

Having publicly saying that pick 13 is unlikely to be with them on draft night has the possibility to compromise the value they think it will have.

What is it with Gold Coast,every year it’s the same crap they’re obviously run by a pack d…heads.

Just pick a club that offers you the best deal not rocket science.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only time that club ever tried to look tough in the trade period and acted like they will get a trade done on their terms was with us about Jack Martin, when they asked for Pick 9.

We walked him to the PSD. 😂

You can’t just un-contract them.
you can pay a contracted player out, but that's a more expensive option as you're paying (as an example) Owies' contract next year as well as the contract of the player that was moved on for effectively the same list spot. The contracted payers wage stays in the TPP.

Purely making up numbers here, but if Owies is $400k next year (have deliberately gone a decent amount but still way under that HS report that was quashed by his manager) and another one of our contracted smalls is on $250k, we're now paying $650k for that list spot.

Alternatively we could put that $400k towards other players extensions (JW, TDK, AC, etc) or a new player coming in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back