Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

of course you can...
Contracts in all walks of life are renegotiated, amended, ended - unilaterally or by consent - every day....

you can pay a contracted player out, but that's a more expensive option as you're paying (as an example) Owies' contract next year as well as the contract of the player that was moved on for effectively the same list spot. The contracted payers wage stays in the TPP.

Purely making up numbers here, but if Owies is $400k next year (have deliberately gone a decent amount but still way under that HS report that was quashed by his manager) and another one of our contracted smalls is on $250k, we're now paying $650k for that list spot.

Alternatively we could put that $400k towards other players extensions (JW, TDK, AC, etc) or a new player coming in.

still counts in the TPP though

Owies is my preferred “small” forward in our team but this is a play for someone that could (potentially) net us a pick and had more $ on their contract, which we’re trying to reduce mid-tier salaries on our list whilst also avoiding costly payouts included in the S/C.

Prefer to be trading Motlop. Fanta at 2yrs was a mistake.
Durd’s should be on MIN chips. Fog has had his moments and provides pressure. Cott’s plays a role but they all have contracts for ‘25.

Possible change in tact up forward with Kemp, Moir and ZW (continuing) up forward + anyone else arriving.

List & Salary Cap management unfort for Owies (a successful Cat B developed player).

To me it sounds like he wants Carlton to offer Port something they will accept so he can come to us.

I will be surprised if he gets to us tbh and think he may well stay another year, depending on him and his girl friend being happy with that scenario.

It’s been this way the whole time hence why he never nominated a club. He wanted us, wasn’t sure we could get it done, so he’s held off and bought time for us.. and in the meantime other teams have tried to muscle in so he’s now got himself some backup options should we not be able to get it done.

Patrick Cripps
Yeah reckon there's quite a few who've probably improved a lot into their late twenties. How old was Dane Swan when he jumped up a level?

Not even the players are ITK!!

Austin managing a tight ship, it seems!

I am surprised Jacob Weitering doesn’t know more than he knows. This is his view when he walks into the office every day.

1728870151587.gif

What about 12, 14, Owies and Kennedy for NM pick 2 and 44.

That unlocks the Caleb Daniel deal and Luke Parker deal for them. (14 for Daniel, shift down 12 for 19 and Parker). And also 4 mature players that would be in their best 22.

We get more points and the high picks.

It’s been this way the whole time hence why he never nominated a club. He wanted us, wasn’t sure we could get it done, so he’s held off and bought time for us.. and in the meantime other teams have tried to muscle in so he’s now got himself some backup options should we not be able to get it done.

I feel who he wants to play for will have a big say in it though, hence why I think he may end up staying, loves Port and all that. There seems to be this assumption by the media in particular that he wants to get to Melbourne no matter what and must pick someone.

And to add to that if Austin snags a higher pick from trading our two that would put it to bed for us anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That unlocks the Caleb Daniel deal and Luke Parker deal for them. (14 for Daniel, shift down 12 for 19 and Parker). And also 4 mature players that would be in their best 22.

I don't think Owies and Kennedy deals will be attached to anything meaningful. Trend is clubs keep those deals separate so as to not dilute valuable assets for players they could get for next to nothing.

I think 12 + 14 for 2 is unlikely but not impossible in the right circumstances but we get nothing back.

No thanks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going to be sad to see Owies go. Always played with heart and gave it everything he had despite his limitations. Got the best out of himself.

See him being pushed out just a compound of a bad list management decision.

2 years for Fantasia was a bad call, and now it's cost Owies a spot.

Going to be sad to see Owies go. Always played with heart and gave it everything he had despite his limitations. Got the best out of himself.

See him being pushed out just a compound of a bad list management decision.

2 years for Fantasia was a bad call, and now it's cost Owies a spot.
hope Matt gets there and kicks 50 next year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back