Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

What ever happened to that salary dump player we would be picking up? Did that get squashed? Or is it still a chance to happen, if it isn't, who was it?

Cal Twomey mentioned 4 names on trade radio just before - Jagga, Finn, Draper and Lalor

I think most people on here would agree it's definitely one of those four. I don't claim to be an expert but my order of preference would be:
1. Jagga Smith.
2. Sid Draper.
3. Finn O'Sullivan.
4. Sam Lalor.
I say this based off a few highlights packages so take this with a grain of salt.

The stoopid theatrics of this. Annoying.
william shakespeare GIF

Cal Twomey mentioned 4 names on trade radio just before - Jagga, Finn, Draper and Lalor

Yeah strongly linked because he's Walsh's second cousin or something...

Austin is not going to give a stuff about that... he will pick the best player for us. If that happens to be FOS, then welcome to the Blues, if not then it'll most likely be one of Draper, Smith or Lalor.

My gut feel is Tigers take Lalor, North take FOS and we'll take Draper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we sure we aren't just linked to FOS because he's Walsh's cousin?

I mean up until last week we wouldn't have thought about holding a pick high enough. Not sure how enough time has passed to be strongly linked to anyone. I'm sure the recruiters have opinions but it's not where the majority of work would have been done.

And we certainly wouldn't have traded up specifically for a player that is 50-50 to be there.

Hind brought him in not stringer. Stringer is also good mates with Saad, so by association saad is also tarnished.

You’d be surprised who current afl players have as friends or friends of friends.

You’d be mortified to learn who some of our club champions of a by gone era, not so long ago, used to hang out with.

Each to their own tho.
You sure it was Hinds mate? Maybe Hind let Stringer bring some of his mates in on his tickets. As you said “mates of mates”

I mean up until last week we wouldn't have thought about holding a pick high enough. Not sure how enough time has passed to be strongly linked to anyone. I'm sure the recruiters have opinions but it's not where the majority of work would have been done.

And we certainly wouldn't have traded up specifically for a player that is 50-50 to be there.

True. We've literally held the pick for a day and they were saying this yesterday... they wouldn't know shit and I reckon purely basing it off his relationship with Walsh...

They are second cousins I think it just makes the story more sexier in the media, no way that’s the reason we draft Finn is because they are cousins

We would want FOS for his dynamism. Elite overhead for his size and side steps like Bont. Will impact our team massively. I just don’t think he’s there at three which makes the decision to get three rather confusing.

Draper has speed but not the ball use.

Lalor has the power but durability question marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back