Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just such contrived rubbish from the whole industry. How is it we are just hours away from trade deadline, and this offer had just been made and now rejected. This type of offer would have and should have have occurred before the weekend and most likely discussed with the Dogs before the Saints even traded back with Brisbane. Too much theatre and posturing.

I think it’s teams pushing back on players a little. Players hold too much “hand” in the industry right now, about time the tide turned a little.

Nah, now you’re applying new logic.

But on your point, not sure that a player who was dropped through the season can be labelled an out and out best 22. With a (hypothetically) fully healthy list, it’s most likely he’s currently not in the 22.
No that's not likely at all it just supports your position to say it's likely he's not best 22. Taller player who started career with severe injury, clearly naturally attacking and done an apprenticeship down back is more likely ready to we explode than continue to be the same. He's a first round talent who only fell to 17 because of the injuries....

Do we really have to continuously bring out the development isn't linear and isn't the same for everyone line too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield bulls were all the rage when SOS came on board. Then there were guys who weren't fast or big, like SPS and Fisher. No amount of coaching or development could make his midfield picks viable with the direction the game has taken since then.
Generally that insight and direction comes from those in charge of tactics. The coaching group. There weren't a heap of teams ready for the changes to the game. The few who were are those top teams with good coaching and tactical people there. Our coaching was unstable, constantly changing and low level.

Never underestimate the value of the advice from the coaching group to list management.

Fisher is a flanker and SPS was a poor selection.

SOS built a powerhouse midfield at GWS and a poor one with us. What's the difference?

No that's not likely at all it just supports your position to say it's likely he's not best 22. Taller player who started career with severe injury, clearly naturally attacking and done an apprenticeship down back is more likely ready to we explode than continue to be the same. He's a first round talent who only fell to 17 because of the injuries....

Do we really have to continuously bring out the development isn't linear and isn't the same for everyone line too?

Not really - I’m basing it on his omission this year, when the list wasn’t fully healthy.

Done with the back and forward but the reality is that many here are way over-valuing Kemp’s market value.

I’m just dumbfounded by the level of bias fans have for their own players (and against opposition players for that matter).

Draper will be no 7 the new dominator
reminds me of Reid
Curly thank you very much we are very lucky
So lucky when Adelaide has pick 4 too. I know that they are set on him.

For us though, if it falls that way, Draper and the Campos coming in together at the same club would be brilliant for all of them. And us!!!

Generally that insight and direction comes from those in charge of tactics. The coaching group. There weren't a heap of teams ready for the changes to the game. The few who were are those top teams with good coaching and tactical people there. Our coaching was unstable, constantly changing and low level.

Never underestimate the value of the advice from the coaching group to list management.

Fisher is a flanker and SPS was a poor selection.

SOS built a powerhouse midfield at GWS and a poor one with us. What's the difference?
Geelong are really going to walk Smith to the draft without any hoopla about doing it, aren’t they? 😂
Very professional club but bulldogs will buckle

Hind brought him in not stringer. Stringer is also good mates with Saad, so by association saad is also tarnished.

You’d be surprised who current afl players have as friends or friends of friends.

You’d be mortified to learn who some of our club champions of a by gone era, not so long ago, used to hang out with.

Each to their own tho.
Hind was heard to say in the footage "he looks after me and Jake" .

I've got no doubt he's not the lone ranger in that regard but when you've got priors and play a selfish style game and go missing for long periods you are seriously curtailing the amount of clubs that will look at you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back