Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

😝.

But in all seriousness if we are prepared to make a small loss on the trade can see most clubs trading us a future pick, if we are allowed to do that as not sure on the rules.
Yes can wait for a bid then trade out and match with later picks and then trade back in to take another selection

Based on my calculations if pick 38 was used as part of a SOS bid, we would end up with pick 66. This is based on a surplus of 78 points (pick 38 (465) + 197 - pick 32 (465)). It might come in a bit, but not great.

Draper
Noah Mraz
Ben Camporeale
Jordan Boyd (upgrade)
Lucas Camporeale (rookie)
Liam McMahon (rookie)
Nick Haynes (FA)
Denver Grainger-Barrass (SSP/Rookie)

Based on my calculations if pick 38 was used as part of a SOS bid, we would end up with pick 66. This is based on a surplus of 78 points (pick 38 (465) + 197 - pick 32 (465)). It might come in a bit, but not great.
Can we not trade it on the night to a F2 if a bid comes in early?

So to a finals side we have added Pick 3, Pick 38, Ben & Lucas Campo, Haynes plus we will add some role players to fill gaps

Pick 3 could easily play from Rd One. The last 3 Pick 3s have been Walter Sheezel and Callahan. All played straight away and did well

We have lost no one that hurts us or can’t be covered

Massive improvement will come from fitness and development of Moir Lord Kenp Silvagni Docherty Motlop Binns Ollie and more

Bring on 2025. We are ready
Pretty ordinary to be honest.
We need immediate impact players, not longer term prospects!!!!

I feel like people are underselling the impact young players can have.

Ashcroft just won a norm smith in year 2 after doing an acl in year 1

Logan morris kicked 2 in a gf

We drafted at 11 and 30 in 2022 and both played round 1 their first year.

We also don’t need a massive shift to be the best. We have seen over the last 2 years that our best is good enough already.

It was a trade period to stay calm and make minor changes. We’ve done that. Fingers crossed whoever comes in at 3 is a star from day 1, but they don’t need to be. We’ll be there abouts if we can find fitness and form (both of which we lost at the wrong time in 24)

What do others think? Do you sense there’s a positive shift happening at our club?

I've loved the last 4 years. We are growing,

1. Richmond
2. North
3. Kemp
Richmond maybe won the trade period but lost the “let’s stay loyal to our club when we are down” Easy to get lots of trade picks when half you side walks out.

North did well kept their players and add some good leadership, 25 for Daniels was a bit high.

Kemp absolutely 👍

Oh well. Guess we wont hear the "kennedy and Hewett cant play in the same team" argument anymore.

For what it is worth, it was time for a change with our list. Time to put some faith in the kids, if they get the opportunity which I am sure they will given the hit we have taken with our depth. We saw late last yer that it was a blessing seeing new blood in the team. I can't wait to see what it brings us. Does not guarantee us a flag but we are in the window and have a shot at it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not who we've traded out, it's who we have failed to trade in.

Imagine Petracca with Cribbs but instead next year we can experience Petracca with Daicos against us.

Whoever we pick up at #3 is just a kid and not even Harley Reid won a Brownlow in his 1st year and all he's shown is promise.

A draft failure in the end (if you're wanting flags - Ok if you want incremental improvement (not guaranteed)).

Waste.

Must have missed the bit where Collingwood landed Petracca today...

I suspect Kennedy wanted out because he seems to have been told at his annual review that he wasn't going to play in the middle. With players returning from injury and youngsters developing I think he's smart enough to know that he'd also struggle for a game anywhere so the best thing he could do was leave before he would be effectively scrapped next year.

BTW how many pressure acts did the whole bloody team have in that first half against Brisbane?

Your suspicion is correct, in the farewell post to Chugga on Instagram, the club added that he is leaving for more midfield minutes.

Hopefully Wright can do what Cook couldn't. Few peanuts still around. That not including the hare brained coach who probably needs to be told to act more like Hardwick just before their golden run; and just let the players coach themselves and loosen the reigns but tighten the basics, do we actually work on skills down there?
Why haven't we got set plays, the line coaches get paid to do what exactly?
Vossy is a good motivator but I agree he’s not a tactician. He needs help developing plans B and C and how to implement them in game.
Let’s hope we go on a golden run like the tigs did

Can we not trade it on the night to a F2 if a bid comes in early?

You can’t trade picks once a bid is made.

We will have to trade out before a bid is made and try and trade back in. A club like Melbourne or Freo could well trade an F2 to us and we could trade back in after a bid has been made on Ben Camporeale.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We've got probably the the 6th best midfield in the comp. We've trade out our 3/4th best mid and we hope to recruit a kid.

WTF?

A big PLUS on getting us to #3 but such a waste to use it on a kid.

The window is NOW and we just ****ed it up.

Collingwood will go and get Petracca next year. - who he barracked for and they'll be able to afford him when Pendlebury and Sidebottom retire.

We lost the draft by not capitalising on #3.

My rant, my continuing despair.

I predict we'll finish 5 - 8 next year - if we're lucky.

Such a wasted opportunity.

95 will be the best memory I'll have (is there better?) - bring back the win at costs of Big Jack.

Going through the motions for a 30th year.

Wasted opportunity.
But...but what about Glicksy bumping into one of the top draftees in a sauna?

Oh well. Guess we wont hear the "kennedy and Hewett cant play in the same team" argument anymore.

For what it is worth, it was time for a change with our list. Time to put some faith in the kids, if they get the opportunity which I am sure they will given the hit we have taken with our depth. We saw late last yer that it was a blessing seeing new blood in the team. I can't wait to see what it brings us. Does not guarantee us a flag but we are in the window and have a shot at it

Not sure that we've taken any real hit with our depth. Kennedy, Owies and a bunch of players that wouldn't average half a season between them. JSOS and Doc returning from injury,

Hardly going to be forced to play kids. It will take a major shift in our coaching and selection strategy to give our young players the chance that we haven't in the last few years.

This years draft period feels like we are fixing what we should have fixed last year.

To me I see this as a year we might take a step backwards (still finals but not contenders) in order to set us up for a big trade period in 25 and a real tilt in 26.

You’d hope with this draft we will have fixed the midfield balance. Next year we will need to add more defensive backup and depending how Motlop and Williams go - more midfield support.

Our list will end up being more balanced, but of course I’m hoping that we can add 17’ in 25. But I think 26 more likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back