Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

In the end, we only really gave up 12 (likely teens by draft time), future first (likely mid teens), Owies (who would've been delisted anyway) and Kennedy to move up to pick 3 as well as get extra points for F/S.

Pretty amazing if you ask me. FB_IMG_1729073907403.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like people are underselling the impact young players can have.

Ashcroft just won a norm smith in year 2 after doing an acl in year 1

Logan morris kicked 2 in a gf

We drafted at 11 and 30 in 2022 and both played round 1 their first year.

We also don’t need a massive shift to be the best. We have seen over the last 2 years that our best is good enough already.

It was a trade period to stay calm and make minor changes. We’ve done that. Fingers crossed whoever comes in at 3 is a star from day 1, but they don’t need to be. We’ll be there abouts if we can find fitness and form (both of which we lost at the wrong time in 24)
Couldn’t agree more

In the end, we only really gave up 12, future first (likely mid teens), Owies (who would've been delisted anyway) Kennedy to move up to pick 3 as well as get extra points for F/S.

Pretty amazing if you ask me.
I’d argue that trading out our second round pick but picking up Brisbane’s means we have at least come back in 1 spot -36 to 35

We've got probably the the 6th best midfield in the comp. We've trade out our 3/4th best mid and we hope to recruit a kid.

WTF?

A big PLUS on getting us to #3 but such a waste to use it on a kid.

The window is NOW and we just ****ed it up.

Collingwood will go and get Petracca next year. - who he barracked for and they'll be able to afford him when Pendlebury and Sidebottom retire.

We lost the draft by not capitalising on #3.

My rant, my continuing despair.

I predict we'll finish 5 - 8 next year - if we're lucky.

Such a wasted opportunity.

95 will be the best memory I'll have (is there better?) - bring back the win at costs of Big Jack.

Going through the motions for a 30th year.

Wasted opportunity.
I prescribe a Bex and a good lie down

Listening to Austin on the club website interview, sounds to me there’s a quiet confidence we will be using pick 38 at the draft and it won’t go towards the campo boys

Im assuming yes, but do we have enough points to pick them both up if we use pick 38?

To me, I find it incredible how some people get so worked up/jealous of seeing Houston with the toothless birdies, but yet fail to realise how good our team is without all those injuries.

All that was needed was some in house improvement and a bit of rejuvenation.

That happened, and on top of all that we also have pick #3 which could easily be elite from day 1, especially with an elite midfield core around them to support and help them thrive.

Stop looking for the shiny things in life and look at the bigger picture, Austin absolutely gets an A for his work.

Chugga & Owies will be missed, but good clubs make big list decisions, we are a good club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like people are underselling the impact young players can have.

Ashcroft just won a norm smith in year 2 after doing an acl in year 1

Logan morris kicked 2 in a gf

We drafted at 11 and 30 in 2022 and both played round 1 their first year.

We also don’t need a massive shift to be the best. We have seen over the last 2 years that our best is good enough already.

It was a trade period to stay calm and make minor changes. We’ve done that. Fingers crossed whoever comes in at 3 is a star from day 1, but they don’t need to be. We’ll be there abouts if we can find fitness and form (both of which we lost at the wrong time in 24)
This is what I've been trying to tell Collingflogs that keep making out we're undergoing a mini rebuild.

This isn't like years ago when kids were multiple pre-seasons away from having any impact. Many are impacting much earlier these days and are very developed for their ages.

They always reveal themselves to be out of touch old angry men who don't understand football post equalisation.
Well in fairness it hasn't been so good for us, wouldn't mind some of that big Jack attitude and results.
Why shouldn't he be angry, get angry.
A lot of equalisation favouring Geelong and Northern teams not so much us.

They always reveal themselves to be out of touch old angry men who don't understand football post equalisation.
Yes, "We are Carlton **** the rest" is their version of "Live, Laugh, Love"

So are doch jsos and a whole host of other unfit players being fit. So are Billy Wilson and Moir. There's loads of impact improvement coming in next season.
Not to be a negative downer, we could say that every year, as could 10 clubs about there lists

Don’t get me wrong I think it’s been a pretty good trade period though

Im very glad that Kemp is staying and i think Austin has done a good job, we really need to try and engineer a way to make sure we get another pick in before Ben but other than trading down 1-2 spots, I’m unsure how.

Now we just need to nail the pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back