Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, I wanted us to keep 12 + 14 and I know that’s the view of several people on here. But I can’t deny that I’m not a little bit excited about what Austin has done here. We wanted him to take a punt this time around and he has. It could all end in tears, but right now happy to go along for the ride.

(And if we can get a pick in the late 20s as part of the deal, all the more sexier. Yaz spoke about a mid-range pick coming back to us from the Tiggers which suggests pick 51, but I hope it’s that shiny and sweet 24).

Pick 3, in a strong draft… holy shitballs
Well done Austin and co. I actually am in shock. A mid like Draper and add Cody in a couple of years with the Campos if they come on, alongside young talent like Hollands bros. Even more impressed if we get a pick in the 20s with it. We’ve used Owies well as a side piece too.

Very bold and ballsy. I was on the keep 12+14 train but I’m on this now

I am actually loving this

Just some points from my limited knowledge

He haven't 'given up' our F2, we exchanged it for the Lions F2, which is reality could be a side trade at worst or an upgrade at best (I see us both around the same 4 spot band for 2025)

We moved our F1 into this year and look to be using it to upgrade our current 1st rd pick (#12) into #3, with a player who supposedly wanted HUGE overs on his contract $$$ (and is debatable as being best 22 next year) as steak knives.

All this while getting the Campo boys (who I see as HUGELY under-valued either due to limitations/pulling back towards the end of the season)

I would be wrapped if we got #3 (PLS be Draper, PLS be Draper !!! .....), the Campo boys and some DFA/SPP players to fill gaps for this off season !!!. If we somehow managed to get a 2nd selection in the top 30 (which some ppl seem to be crying as required otherwise we are getting screwed over) then lets just saw I wouldn't be able to zip up my pants for a week .....

Reckon we may end up with some of the Tigg's or WCE's junk picks for extra points as part of the deal.

Yes hopefully.

Amazing piece of work. The pioneers of this trade strategy, the Melbourne recruiting team, will be sending Austin an email of congratulations.

Dess team have been the A standard drafters the last decade.

Yes hopefully.

Amazing piece of work. The pioneers of this trade strategy, the Melbourne recruiting team, will be sending Austin an email of congratulations.

Dess team have been the A standard drafters the last decade.
Only part of their organisation that isn’t a complete wreck. Tim Lamb doesn’t get spoken about enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be fascinating. The fact that opinions on best option for pick 3 are so split between so many players by those who watch these guys is a bit of a worry for me. What worries me is people have such strong opinions on one player for pick 3 and dismiss others options. If you could throw a blanket over them opinions should not be as strong. Reeks of a potential dud or two being piled on with groupthink.
Or it means high prospect of success as any of the top 5-6 could be worth it.

We have all been talking about midfielders with pick 3 but I wonder if we are going for Tauru??? He has continued to rise up the draft boards and is a very rare product. Can play key forward and back and also go through the midfield. He’s definitely one that will go high in this draft
Would be very risky taking a late riser with 3

We have all been talking about midfielders with pick 3 but I wonder if we are going for Tauru??? He has continued to rise up the draft boards and is a very rare product. Can play key forward and back and also go through the midfield. He’s definitely one that will go high in this draft
Anytime I hear of a key back who can go through the midfield I think of Plowman.

No thanks, explosive midfielder please.

Just wondering why so many are willing to overlook Yazz's post (from Saturday), which so far is looking dead on the money, and getting hopes up that we will be getting Draper when he posted: "Draft Target is currently Lalor over O’Sullivan"

Yeah but I remember all the experts were surprised SOS took Dow at 3 to begin with as he wasn’t ranked that high generally. SOS insight was off on this one. Dow never should have been a pick 3 status.
Sorry Walshy, but that's complete rubbish.

Dow was genuinely in the conversation for #1 and was an absolute lock for top 5. If you can find something otherwise, I'll eat Andrew Walker's hat!

I'm happy calling Dow a major bust at pick 3, but he absolutely wasn't a reach at all (based on opinion at the time).

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back