Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we get pick 3 now. Odds shortening considerably. Reckon it will be done by tomorrow morning.
No Way Omg GIF by NBA

We need to stop over rating our players to think they are better than they are. That deal would be great for us
Agree, but as a club and supporters we also need to stop under rating some of our own as well. We give players away for peanuts it's an alarming trend. Owies value would have to be at pick 25-35 if Noble was worth what he was, 30 goal a year top 5 in pressure stats, it's not worth nothing, a smart club would have got something for Jack Martin. A smart club would not have signed Pitto, Young, Fantasia on multi year deals. We are not a smart club. This keeps happening.

If that was the deal and I was a neutral, don't like the deal for either club

If you think the top 5 or so are above the next 15 or so, it will be our last chance for a while to play in this part of the draft, unless a contracted gun wants out.

Why don't you trust it?

It seems like a pretty good deal for me. We have actively told Matt Kennedy that he won't get much on ball time and he'd get even less with pick 3, Ben Campo and Cooper Lord trying to get in there. Unfortunately Carroll doesn't hold much value.

Couldn't understand Kennedy going to the Tigers though to fight with Taranto, Hopper and Prestua for slow midfielder time

Time will tell.
12 & 14 alone are worth more in points than 3. Losing Carrol & Owies for nothing (no contract) as well as Kennedy (under contract) for a single pick three would be the most epic of fails.

If you think the top 5 or so are above the next 15 or so, it will be our last chance for a while to play in this part of the draft, unless a contracted gun wants out.

Why don't you trust it?

I think the top 5 is, marginally better than the next 10

What I don't like is us being linked to O'Sullivan with a top 3 pick

Not excited about trading 12 and 14, get two cracks.
Tauru + Hannaford/Berry.
Draper is sensational but I don't trust these lunatics like Austin, they'd probably pick O'Sullivan.
Also won't be so smart if/when Draper wants to go home in 2 or 3 years.
Fill two glaring weaknesses, developing them will be easier in that they will be forced to play them sooner or later. Not something we are very good developing our players with such a timid/insane match selection committee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the top 5 is, marginally better than the next 10

What I don't like is us being linked to O'Sullivan with a top 3 pick

So if we got someone else, you'd be fine with it?

Austin hasn't picked in this range before, and Wright is on board now. You're usually so pro-everybody at the club, wouldn't you just trust the so called experts on this?

Tauru + Hannaford/Berry.
Draper is sensational but I don't trust these lunatics like Austin, they'd probably pick O'Sullivan.
Fill two glaring weaknesses, developing them will be easier in that they will be forced to play them sooner or later. Not something we are very good developing our players with such a timid/insane match selection committee
Can I just ask what Nick Austin has done to deserve being called a lunatic?

Tauru + Hannaford/Berry.
this 👆. I sincerely hope the club knows what they're doing. Even deep draft is not the time to be taking this risk.

I hear and understand the counter arguments but to me it seems risky to lose two picks (12/14) for a single pick (3).

Picks 12/14 are still first rounders. There’s got to be some quality there and you get 2 players…not quite halving the risk but much better odds you’d think with a single pick…granted it’s pick 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back