Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming we get 3, I'd be taking Draper which fixes one need (speed & evasiveness out the middle). I also have questions on how Lalor will translate in to the AFL. At the moment his body is built like a man against boys, and it will be interesting to see if he can translate his game to the main stage against bigger bodies and a faster game. I just think he is the second choice behind Draper (personally)

I also think McMahon (thought we should have take him last year) and Grainger-Barras (free hit) as rookies will wrap up a decent draft with the Camporeale boys

Then hopefully next year we can make a play for SDK and we look a more complete side

Wouldn't mind brings Konstanty on from Sydney as well for that smallish forward role we are missing

OK Let me put it another way (for the sake of those 14 points);

So we started this trade period with Picks 11, 31, 62, 65, 68 which became 12, 32, 63, 66, 69

EFA: We lose Owies for nothing, and we trade 12, 14, Carrol & Kennedy to get to Pick 3, having already traded A future first, a future second, 32, 63, 66, to get 14, Fut 2nd, 72, 73.

So effectively we will have traded 12, 14, 32, 63, 66, Carroll & Kennedy, A future first, a future second, to get 3, 72, 89

EFA: We come out of it with: Pick 3, Fut 2nd, 69, 72, 73.

On what planet is that a good deal?

The proposed deal had us with pick 26 as well

Bro I cant prove it to you, I'm just saying O'Sullivan would be a mistake at pick 3 and happy to be held to it..

Fair enough Mike.

Coach’s direction is what has me bloody nervous - it’s the same bloke who subbed off Kennedy & thought it was a good idea to play Kennedy/Cerra off half back & wanted Faz etc
Voss is a very good coach. We were unlucky to not be top 4 this year due to a couple of close losses.

Tigers have liked Lalor for a while

North, I have no idea, and it's interesting they too are looking to trade out
maybe they don’t need the “play from round 1” recruit- so taking two in a deep draft may work better for their list management.

They will be better next year given who they could be bringing in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really loving how Austin and club are conducting themselves.

I thought he had big cohunas with the trade the other day but if he pulls this off he’d have balls of steel and then if he delivers Draper as well he’s done his job and some.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Righteo, just a quick stocktake.

So if we're getting pick 3 like a few of our ITK's have indicated - and if we take on board reports in the media - our ins this year could look like:

• Smith/Draper/Lalor/FOS - pick 3
  • B Campo - F/S
  • L Campo - F/S
  • Haynes - FA
  • McMahon - rookie
  • Grainger-Barrass - rookie
  • Duffy - Cat B
  • JSOS
  • Doch

Could be a chance we also jag another pick with the potential trade tomorrow, so there may be an additional pick in the ND before the B Campo bid.

i really dont wanna get my hopes up about pick 3 but these bluemours are suggesting otherwise.

It does seem cheap relative to what pick 3 would normally cost but teens picks in this draft are worth a bit more then usual plus there are a couple of others factors.

Importantly Westcoast need a mid first for Baker. Where do they get it?

• Not from Hawthorn for Barrass. Best they do is our and/or Hawks F1. I doubt tigers accept either.
  • Melbourne has 5 and 9 and could look to get up the order but to give up both picks for 3 they'd need something substantial back. Westcoast don't have that and would Dees do it to slide 2 spots anyway?
  • Similar deal with Saints. They'd want something decent back to part with 2 top 10 picks. Westcoast don't have it. They could use our/Hawks F1s if Barrass deal goes through though doubt that'd be enough. I doubt they want to get their F1 involved. To valuable.

So if a pick split is the only way to get the Baker deal done, we might be their only decent option to do it.

Sliding from 3 to 12 is much further then they'd want to slide so they will see if they can find another way first. Only if all else fails will they deal with us.

I’ve been fully invested on taking 12 and 14 to the draft but I’d think the club rate both Campo boys highly and with list spots tight, going all in to get a top 3 kid could be a master stroke.

For pick 3 im expecting a 3 way trade with the Hawks as the 3rd club and believe that we will get a F2 from them

It does seem cheap relative to what pick 3 would normally cost but teens picks in this draft are worth a bit more then usual plus there are a couple of others factors.

Importantly Westcoast need a mid first for Baker. Where do they get it?

• Not from Hawthorn for Barrass. Best they do is our and/or Hawks F1. I doubt tigers accept either.
  • Melbourne has 5 and 9 and could look to get up the order but to give up both picks for 3 they'd need something substantial back. Westcoast don't have that and would Dees do it to slide 2 spots anyway?
  • Similar deal with Saints. They'd want something decent back to part with 2 top 10 picks. Westcoast don't have it. They could use our/Hawks F1s if Barrass deal goes through though doubt that'd be enough. I doubt they want to get their F1 involved. To valuable.

So if a pick split is the only way to get the Baker deal done, we might be there only decent option to do it.

wonder if Richmond would be interested in offering 10 and baker for 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back