Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh. I hate it as well. I keep going back to 2-3 year extensions for Durdin Cottrell Young before their deals were done. Just nuts

It has cost us players like Kennedy who is much better player, and IMO that is a massive mistake
Money likely plays into it. Those Durdin, Cottrell and Young deals would be on dirt cheap money surely. Kennedy's not so much.

Bam Bam leaving has made a bad day even worse for me. Horrendous list management on top of the Owies decision. We've ripped the heart out of the club.
If the club falls apart due to losing Owies and Kennedy, we haven't built anything much to begin with.

Interesting that Brendon Bolton has left the pies to take up an assistant coaching role at the saints, great pick up for them and the rats are seemingly jumping ship at the pies.
Dunno for sure but heard he got pushed out. Was a bit of a power vacuum at the pies. Footy department mess. I think this is a bit of a fallout from it. Hope he goes well.

Wish Chugga had have played 1 more game for us.
But it's the right decision for him to move on. Hope we get decent compensation.

Agree 100%.

List management get top marks this season;

+delisted the right players (Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham)
+traded out the right players surplus to requirements (Owies, Kennedy)
+have given us the opportunity at an absolute stud with pick 3 in a midfielders draft with huge top end talent.

Bonus: didn’t give port the 6 first round picks they wanted for Houston.

Yeh. I hate it as well. I keep going back to 2-3 year extensions for Durdin Cottrell Young before their deals were done. Just nuts

It has cost us players like Kennedy who is much better player, and IMO that is a massive mistake
Kennedy isn't leaving because those 3 are signed.
Maybe you could argue that Owies is leaving because of the Durdin contract.

But if right now I had to choose 1 of Durdin or Owies to keep, as long as he passes the medical with his shoulders, I'm picking Durds. He's way more dynamic. Has upside.

Agree 100%.

List management get top marks this season;

+delisted the right players (Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham)
+traded out the right players surplus to requirements (Owies, Kennedy)
+have given us the opportunity at an absolute stud with pick 3 in a midfielders draft with huge top end talent.

Bonus: didn’t give port the 6 first round picks they wanted for Houston.
I think this is roughly what we planned to do halfway through 2023, then we had our big run to the prelim, with those perma injured guys actually all available, so we kept them on and largely kept the side together.

Now they have gone **** it, we know we need to get better and we will be aggressive trying to do so.

Was just thinking that - really needs to be in front of pick 30 to be worthwhile in this draft.

Swapping of F2 picks maybe?
Send them our F2 tied to Brisbane and get back North's F2

Values him at pick ~42
Jon Ralph reporting that Carlton aren't interested in future picks for Kemp so not sure why we would accept them for Kennedy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30 spots lower than Liam Baker?

Don’t think so.

Sorry you think he should be higher or lower?

I also don't think there is much value in comparing trade value of two players in two different trade and two different circumstances. Just because player xx gets you yy, doesn't mean player zz gets you aa.

I think it will work out long run. I have Kennedy out of our best 22 next season. I think Pick 3 will add bucket loads and Lord will as well. He only got played as a forward because our small forwards are rubbish and we had a few injuries. I hope that is not the case next season. I think it's for the best because Kennedy plays VFL next year if our midfield remains fit. Game has moved past big heavy slow immobile mids. Trade while we can before we cant. Ben Camporeale will come on as well and become an AFL player. I think a better one than Kennedy but we will see.

Durdin had a very good 2022 and looked like being a set in stone best 22 small forward for years to come at the end of that season. Since then he has been terrible. At the time he was good enough. Have a quick look at his 2022 highlights on youtube to see him taking marks, kicking goals, delivering passes and hitting bodies playing really hard footy. For some reason that has all gone and if he can go back to it we will be happy with his contract.

I like Kennedy and Owies but we want our team to get better.

Cottrell and Young have never been good enough to warrant those contracts.

Coin is playing part in these deals and departures. Salary Cap & List Management.

Though there been some mistakes I.e. Young, though a contract held is good business for the club if the player demands interest.

Dunno for sure but heard he got pushed out. Was a bit of a power vacuum at the pies. Footy department mess. I think this is a bit of a fallout from it. Hope he goes well.

Pies list manager Leppitsch and Bolton shared roles throughout 2024 amid reported friction between the two.

Collingwood’s footy department shake up has continued, with Brendon Bolton moving to St Kilda to take up an assistant coaching role under Ross Lyon.

The Saints have added both Bolton and former Magpies assistant Jared Rivers to their coaching team for 2025 as part of a recapture that includes Brendon Goddard assuming VFL coaching duties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back