Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be horrible.. If that happened, I can only think that Voss actually wanted him gone..

Pick 32 makes no sense unless we are getting something for Kennedy that can be on traded for a late teens - mid 20’s pick (pre Campo bid)

Yep, reckon this would be in our thinking.

Brodie Kemp is not a KPD, or is a very poor one when played as one. Has to be a mobile tall to be an AFL player. HFF / FP or wing is he go IMO or HBF but prefer centre-forward.

Would be holding to contract unless massive overs were received.

Sorry I was focusing on the can’t kick and down hill skier part because Curnow has consistently failed in finals and kicked us out of the game against Collingwood to make finals in 2022.

Bolton has been a goal and a half a game, 20 touch, small forward who can go through the midfield over the last three years in average sides. He is exactly what we are looking for.

this is hilarious

I guess you didn't consider Curnow's five goal/BOG game against Gold Coast that ultimately got us into the finals last year?
Or, the six goal game/BOG win against Collingwood a couple of rounds earlier?

It is worth noting that Wright preferred Craig McRae over Voss as Collingwood’s senior coach replacement for Nathan Buckley only three years ago

this is hilarious

I guess you didn't consider Curnow's five goal/BOG game against Gold Coast that ultimately got us into the finals last year?
That gritty game against GCS where he dominated their KPD’s after being scragged and bashed was unbelievable

especially that goal from 55m where he wheeled round and lifted us

Charles is a freak show, a blue chip superstar of the comp

Let's be real for a minute... I don't think we're necessarily interested in trading away Kemp. More of a "show us what you're offering and we might consider it" kind of situation...

I don't think we should trade him because if we start losing talls, we're screwed. But I would also look at it if the price tag was too good to be true...

If you're Austin, what is the minimum pick you'd require in order to make you consider the trade?

1st rounder.

Saints close in on Blues defender as Battle replacement

ByJake Niall

St Kilda are a strong chance of landing Carlton defender Brodie Kemp in a move that would potentially involve a second round pick. Kemp is a defender who can occupy the role of Josh Battle who joined Hawthorn as a free agent.
St Kilda have pick 32 and pick 45, after trading down from pick 27. Kemp is contracted for next year. Sources confirmed the Saints were pursuing Kemp. He was drafted by the Blues in 2019 as a late first round choice on the watch of list manager Stephen Silvagni, who is now in that role at St Kilda.
The Saints have two top-10 picks as a result of the Battle compensation (including their own first rounder).
Letting Kemp go would enhance Carlton’s draft hand which now includes pick No.3 after a bold pick swap with Hawthorn and then West Coast.

this is hilarious

I’m talking about finals or games when finals are on the line. You know when pressure is at its highest.
If you are worried about Bolton being a down hill skier then I think it’s a fair question to ask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On face value Kemp probably is a pick around 32. However he has not requested a trade, is happy where he is and I think it was St.Kilda who asked the question not us.
If you want to lever a happy player out of a club that is happy with him, you have to pay overs.
I wouldn’t do it for anything less than a pick in the 20-25 range.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we accept 32 it would suggest to me we don't rate him.

That would be a disgrace in my book, uncontracted he’s worth more than that.

Unless the trade machinations includes a first rounder it’s just not worth it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fans just make up stuff like this just because a player might leave. Kemp hasn't requested a trade..........it is St. Kilda that has asked about him.

But if we let him go for 32 then us pushing him out and them asking is 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. Not a huge fan but will be disappointed if we trade him for that unless we have time to convert he and Kennedy into something worthwhile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back