Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

And if the Ben Camporeale bid comes in prior we have let a good player go for nothing .

Agreed.

Given our win yesterday I can see any number of clubs wanting to stick it to us so we don't get too big a win knowing that we've had our hearts set on him for years. No chance we don't match. It's just smart list management by other cluba to throw the bid in. It was smart by us to move way down

32 would be a great get. We need to stop asking the world for our players and over-rating their worth in a trade market. Take the heart out of it and use the head.
I'm actually using my head when I acknowledge that losing a young player who is under contract, hasn't requested a trade, and plays a position with little depth for a pick that may get eaten up by a Campo bid is not intelligent list management...

If he goes for ~32 / future 2nd, I’d feel like he’s been pushed out.

Pushed out by who?

A 32 year old Haynes who's no guarantee to get back to his best?

Jack, who no matter how much we love him, isalso no guarantee to get back to his best in a position he's never played full time?

I'm sorry both scenarios scream dumb to me.

We need something back this year that's not a speculative pick that may be chewed up by a bid.

Pushed out by who?

A 32 year old Haynes who's no guarantee to get back to his best?

Jack, who no matter how much we love him, isalso no guarantee to get back to his best in a position he's never played full time?

I'm sorry both scenarios scream dumb to me.

We need something back this year that's not a speculative pick that may be chewed up by a bid.

Not by incoming players, by the club/coaches. Why are we accepting such a nothing pick when he offers us versatility at either end, is young etc?

This is SOS creating a little instability if you like to call it.
Make some noise within the club (adding Weits as well) and then try to shake out a few. Not necessarily today but down the track even. His not a dumb operator by any stretch.
Need to be firm here and not play the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually using my head when I acknowledge that losing a young player who is under contract, hasn't requested a trade, and plays a position with little depth for a pick that may get eaten up by a Campo bid is not intelligent list management...
32 wouldn't be lost in the Campo bids most likely. We can do the Campo bids now

OK...the head says he's young, has AFL qualities, likely first in line in the event of a KPF or KPD injury, still improving...and 32 is a risky pick.
The head also says pick 32 and extra money to sign Tom De Koning is a great move

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back