Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

So just to clarify - Lions have two picks (27 and 34) and * have two picks (28 and 31) before our pick. They will be absorbed in matching bids for Ashcroft and Kako I assume? So 38 will become 34?

No, because the bids for Ashcroft, Kako, Lombard, Marshall take up one spot each which pushes us back to 42, then Brisbane use two picks ahead of us to pay for theirs, and Essendon use two picks ahead of us to pay for Kako, which takes us back to 38 again.

Happy with the Kennedy trade. He is extremely slow and we needed to add speed this off season.

38 will with move up or go into next year to help with our NGAs.

Removing probably 450k also will go a long way towards grabbing a FA either next year or in 2026. It all adds up

No, because the bids for Ashcroft, Kako, Lombard, Marshall take up one spot each which pushes us back to 42, then Brisbane use two picks ahead of us to pay for theirs, and Essendon use two picks ahead of us to pay for Kako, which takes us back to 38 again.

There’s also the remote possibility that 10 teams ahead of us elect to pass in the second round 👍

he's been having a sauna.
We've got probably the the 6th best midfield in the comp. We've trade out our 3/4th best mid and we hope to recruit a kid.

WTF?

A big PLUS on getting us to #3 but such a waste to use it on a kid.

The window is NOW and we just ****ed it up.

Collingwood will go and get Petracca next year. - who he barracked for and they'll be able to afford him when Pendlebury and Sidebottom retire.

We lost the draft by not capitalising on #3.

My rant, my continuing despair.

I predict we'll finish 5 - 8 next year - if we're lucky.

Such a wasted opportunity.

95 will be the best memory I'll have (is there better?) - bring back the win at costs of Big Jack.

Going through the motions for a 30th year.

Wasted opportunity.

We've got probably the the 6th best midfield in the comp. We've trade out our 3/4th best mid and we hope to recruit a kid.

WTF?

The window is NOW and we just f'ed it up.

Collingwood will go and get Petracca next year. - who he barracked for and they'll be able to afford him when Pendlebury and Sidebottom retire.

95 will be the best memory I'll have (is there better?) - bring back the win at costs of Big Jack.

Wasted opportunity.
Epic melt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF?

Wasted opportunity.

WOW! 😳

WTF?

Wasted opportunity.
You sound like my dad.

But he doesn't use BigFooty. I think...

Absolutely put your house on it I reckon

We will have to trade it out for a future pick on the night.

WTF?

The window is NOW and we just f'ed it up.

Wasted opportunity.
Good rant.

Really liked him, but not sure Kennedy was our 4th let alone 3rd best mid.

Also CP will be 30 before the start of the 2026 season, and still on 7 figures +CBA inflation, so if Pies are willing to use their 2026 and 2027 picks to get him (on account of not having 2025 picks), then fair enough but that’ll be a team that collapses hard…

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back