Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2145274

Imagine Sid Draper and Patrick Cripps in the same midfield group. Frightening for the opposition. Big unit.
If we can get Draper, Smith or even FOS in + Ben Camporeale I reckon we have secured our midfield moving forward

Walsh, Pick #3, Cerra, Campo, Lord (know it’s early but he looks likely)

I’m optimistic for Lucas too, I think he will thrive in the AFL system as opposed to SANFL and junior leagues

View attachment 2145274

Imagine Sid Draper and Patrick Cripps in the same midfield group. Frightening for the opposition. Big unit.
He's a midget, 182 cm.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

When fit Cripps Walsh Cerra Hewett Dochety Elijah Lord is as good as anyone. Will get better this year with Pick 3, Fogarty, Kemp, Durdin, Williams, Motlop helping as well

This is supported by TDK who is as good a game winning Ruck as there is in the AFL
It's an optimistic take as far as forwards.
How much is the forwards coach and how much the players who knows.
Just watching entry into f50 and then the ball bounce around or poor kicks to Hazza and Charlie and our smalls looking lost or not chasing hard. Utterly depressing for a good part of 2024.
Kemp played one good forward game then did nothing.
Durdin? Camon. He will magically improve? Ok. Maybe he will.
Willams..injured as often as he plays.
Motlop..so disappointing last year. But many say it's because he didn't have a good preseason. So who knows.

SOme say all we need is a great mid field and the ship rights itself.
I guess we'll find out.
Is Walsh addressing his back issues over summer? No surgery mentioned.
He was very unhappy with the management around his issues is what I heard.

Kemp played one good forward game then did nothing.
????

He played key forward and got double teamed by Wilkie and friends. One of the best one on one defenders in the league. Can't wait till we have smalls who demand being defended so the blatant disrespectful double and triple teaming can stop.

Owies rarely even had a man on him, opposition defense's just doubled the threat. Cost them (opposition's) 30 goals over the season but probably saved way more being kicked by the good forwards....

Basically. Kemp didn't do nothing. He attracted 2-3 players every contest. Someone else has to stand up when that happens.

????

He played key forward and got double teamed by Wilkie and friends. One of the best one on one defenders in the league. Can't wait till we have smalls who demand being defended so the blatant disrespectful double and triple teaming can stop.

Owies rarely even had a man on him, opposition defense's just doubled the threat. Cost them (opposition's) 30 goals over the season but probably saved way more being kicked by the good forwards....

Basically. Kemp didn't do nothing. He attracted 2-3 players every contest. Someone else has to stand up when that happens.
This is accurate.

We had very poor defensive pressure in our forward 50 quite often in 2024. We really need to work on this part of our game.

Owies is a good finisher but he really got off the chain more than team defence and forward structure.

TA

He's a midget, 182 cm.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I didn’t realise he was that short. I thought he was taller than that, I should have researched first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

????

I Look forward to seeing how he goes.
I know many rate him highly.

Considering Adelaide only have 4 and 64, nothing would work this year anyway.

I think a reason why we targeted Pick 3 is interest in Draper. Gives us a chance before Adelaide get theirs.
We initially went for pick 2. Maybe we were just going down the order and would've hit the Crows up if WCE said no.

Crows may have said yes given the big gap between picks.

Last edited:
As soon as we float the offer they know we aren't taking Draper and don't give us anything

Don’t float an offer, just need to be very excited to him and his manager that he’s a chance to be at the club. No guarantees, but we’d love to have him

Let the crows make an offer

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we are really dead keen on O’Sullivan (as media has suggested) and he goes before our pick, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone from “left field” like Langford is read out on draft night. there must be than two or three we are interested in.

Last edited:
I didn’t realise he was that short. I thought he was taller than that, I should have researched first.
Not your fault... you overheard ferrisb say say Draper was a 'big unit'..

Everyone is a big unit to fb..

😂

Played mid in draft year. Has all the qualities, why not?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just not true.

This board makes up so much nonsense.

"The word on Kemp coming into the season was that he was destined for more midfield minutes after finding a home as a high-marking intercept defender in 2018, but he would end up having an impact just about everywhere...

Kemp’s disposal average of an even 20 across the NAB League and national carnival is quite impressive given the deep position he often took up either end of the ground, but if he is to play more permanently in the midfield, he can work on having bucket-loads of possessions more often."

He is not, and has never been, a natural mid.

However, Draper’s kicking skills and decision-making are considered a tad below some of the best midfielders in this crop.

They had Draper ranked at 10, and with his kicking/decision making being the main criticism makes me somewhat concerned if we take him. Would be hoping we'd be looking at more skilled players at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back