Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Cumberland is an ok shout if the knee (and subsequently the ankles) are healthy. Problem is we might be competing with a few and that might force a 2 year offer.

Would want to be confident on the medical, and bare minimum this means Richmond are looking to target a star forward prospect with a top pick.

I don’t know whether Cumberland is a good choice for us. But I do know that I just watched Callum Ah Chee turn in a great finals series for the Lions.

One of the keys to a flag is being able to turn underperforming players at other sides into performing players at your club. We haven’t been much good at this practice over time. But now is a good time to turn it around!
Agree on Ah Chee, never really rated him (what is he, about 10yrs deep? / former 1st round draft pick) until late this year, especially his final series.

As a third tall maybe. His lack of defensive efforts might be made up by smalls pressure like fogarty and durdin. he could play as a decoy for H and C.

One thing I'll say for Cumbo just based on highlights is he's a beautiful left foot

30yrs on, a reincarnated Brad Pearce left-footed forward pocket foil.

Had drinks with an AFL recruiter last night (not Carlton) - a couple of tidbits -nothing too groundbreaking:

- SOS definitely going hard at TDK and wants him at St. Kilda. Will throw big money at him next year so Blues and TDK will have a big decision to make - Do we blow up our salary cap to keep him ?

- Sort of common knowledge in the industry that Jack Martin just never did the hard work to get his body right. To quote " Would spend 1 hr a week in the gym".

- On Stringer - lovely bloke but dumb as dogshit. Lived a roller-coaster - if he tried to get fit his body would break down, if he didn't train he got fat. Essendon just sick of dealing with him but GWS a good choice for him as will get good delivery.

- Once obvious Josh Battle was going to leave, Ross Lyon just burnt him. After formally asking for trade Lyon basically told him to F$%k off and don't turn up to the Best and Fairest.

- Agrees it's a top draft, almost up there with Hodge/Ball/Judd year. Likes Lalor, Langford and FOS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back