Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Cumberland is an ok shout if the knee (and subsequently the ankles) are healthy. Problem is we might be competing with a few and that might force a 2 year offer.

Would want to be confident on the medical, and bare minimum this means Richmond are looking to target a star forward prospect with a top pick.

I don’t know whether Cumberland is a good choice for us. But I do know that I just watched Callum Ah Chee turn in a great finals series for the Lions.

One of the keys to a flag is being able to turn underperforming players at other sides into performing players at your club. We haven’t been much good at this practice over time. But now is a good time to turn it around!
Agree on Ah Chee, never really rated him (what is he, about 10yrs deep? / former 1st round draft pick) until late this year, especially his final series.

As a third tall maybe. His lack of defensive efforts might be made up by smalls pressure like fogarty and durdin. he could play as a decoy for H and C.

One thing I'll say for Cumbo just based on highlights is he's a beautiful left foot

30yrs on, a reincarnated Brad Pearce left-footed forward pocket foil.

Had drinks with an AFL recruiter last night (not Carlton) - a couple of tidbits -nothing too groundbreaking:

- SOS definitely going hard at TDK and wants him at St. Kilda. Will throw big money at him next year so Blues and TDK will have a big decision to make - Do we blow up our salary cap to keep him ?

- Sort of common knowledge in the industry that Jack Martin just never did the hard work to get his body right. To quote " Would spend 1 hr a week in the gym".

- On Stringer - lovely bloke but dumb as dogshit. Lived a roller-coaster - if he tried to get fit his body would break down, if he didn't train he got fat. Essendon just sick of dealing with him but GWS a good choice for him as will get good delivery.

- Once obvious Josh Battle was going to leave, Ross Lyon just burnt him. After formally asking for trade Lyon basically told him to F$%k off and don't turn up to the Best and Fairest.

- Agrees it's a top draft, almost up there with Hodge/Ball/Judd year. Likes Lalor, Langford and FOS.

How many of our good forwards looked like superstars when we were getting smashed in the middle and losing by 10 goals each week?

I'm not advocating for picking him up - I don't know enough about him...but judging him off this year when he played better when Richmond were better might be a flawed perspective
It's not even this though. You can account for lack of opportunity. But he literally imploded every time he was near the ball in 2023 / 4. I've not seen a lower floor since Clem Smith. Higher ceiling but the floor is not close to a footballer let alone an AFL footballer

If that's true that Martin would only do 1 hour a week in the gym that's a disgrace.

Both on Martin, and also on the club for allowing that to happen.
Hard one to believe because thatd no doubt be in direct disobedience of rehab plans and fitness plans... Yet he still got picked 'when fit'. So.... How does that work? Dont do the minimum requirements and still get picked? Or the Chinese whispers exaggerates a bit? Don't know. Appreciate the info coming always. Just gets ya thinking a bit.

We get rid of Carroll and are looking at someone that got chopped by the bottom team that won 2 games.
Getting rid of a guy that has shown the odd bit of potential but has delivered nothing for a guy that has shown the odd bit of potential but has delivered nothing.

One in an area covered, moved on. Now trying one in an area of need that will be moved on if picked and doesn't perform.

What's the issue at hand? Bar faux outrage for the sake of getting riled up.

To try and fail is to succeed, to not try and fail, that is failure.

- Once obvious Josh Battle was going to leave, Ross Lyon just burnt him. After formally asking for trade Lyon basically told him to F$%k off and don't turn up to the Best and Fairest.

Ross Lyon walked out on St Kilda for money years before Josh Battle did it.

What a hypocritical d-head...

Agree on Ah Chee, never really rated him (what is he, about 10yrs deep? / former 1st round draft pick) until late this year, especially his final series.
Ah Chee is an elite player has always been a talent was hampered continuously at the Cats , just could not get on the park so the cut him lose the rest is history.
McCarthy is another the Lions snatch from the Cats again just could not stay on the park. Lions turned it around and now is a quality forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Chee is an elite player has always been a talent was hampered continuously at the Cats , just could not get on the park so the cut him lose the rest is history.
McCarthy is another the Lions snatch from the Cats again just could not stay on the park. Lions turned it around and now is a quality forward.
Ah Chee played for GC?

Also.... Bless you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back