Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this might be coming from this weekends game against St Kilda.

There was brief footage of TDK in a box with Gubby Allen and SOS.

Media street is desperate to work out the who’s and the how’s of Petracca moving club, especially given it’s the bye week.
The rumour will grow into a trade involving King to Melbourne, TDK to saints and Petracca to Carlton.

My mail is that TDK isn’t going anywhere. But the news cycle has 12 days to fill, so we will be taken on some wild rides, that’s for sure.

#Bluemour

Message second hand through our group from person that is heavily involved in player movement. Never discusses player names

Austin and team are extremely active and have spoken with everyone possible
Not looking at any "big" name players at this stage
Believe List is in a good spot. Needs are tall defenders and run off HB
Massive focus on fitness and medical by Cook. Expect big changes in dept after season over
Want to use first round pick in draft. Looking for deals to get more first round picks as believe there is good players up to 20-25. Mids and Talls. Won't be easy as many clubs want the same. Pushed for same last year but couldn't get a deal
Have money is salary cap if "big" name falls our way but happy to work with list we have with smart additions. Next year will be in great spot for any FA deals
#Bluemour

Petracca will not leave any stone unturned to come to us. Have been told his team will not leave anything on table to get him to us. 100% us only. Now to see what we do. TDK off table. Going to be interesting who and what has to go ??

Today 31st August:-

I already confirmed he has already chosen us. This has come from a person who could only possibly make the deal happen 😉 will take a pay cut.

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
A few points regarding Petracca:

- If he leaves, it will only be for Carlton. Not remotely interested in going anywhere else.
  • We will not be letting a 'star' go under any circumstances. I am not sure where Cerra fits into this.
  • Where it fits within the AFL's rules, our top earners have a pact to forgo a portion of their salaries in order to get someone of the calibre of Petracca in. Salary won't be a problem.

Lots to play out yet.

#Bluemour

Have permission to post as source feels it's well known in the industry.

Source : former player, current journalist/commentator (non Melvourne) in discussion with an agent who has multiple Melbourne players on his books.

• Petracca contract "re-signed well aware of a number of major issues ongoing at Melbourne. Contract inflated as a result."
  • More issues non-Petracca related have since arisen impacting club wide
  • Injury and the way it was dealt with has been a major catalyst but not the be all end all
  • "There comes a point of no return. Melbourne have blown past it there times over "
  • Petracca has "chased Carlton well aware of their list situation . Would want to add to what they have and chase premierships not replace it."
  • Melbourne are in no win situation. They've ****ed up. Have no grounds to stand on. Petracca has allegedly "already engaged with the AFLPA reps which for Melvourne are Marty Hore and Tom McDonald. It's gone beyond them."
  • Belief that if a move is there for him it'll be done without hiccup.
  • Not a case where Carlton is pursuing a contracted player. Petracca has identified Carlton.
  • Will renegotiate his contraxt from scratch "He will leave big money on the table. Will make it up after footy at Carlton. He knows money doesn't buy happiness"
  • "Would take a mass clean out for him to stay at Melbourne. Trust broken across multiple departments. It will not happen."
#Bluemour

This may be common knowledge, however posting anyway. Bartel has had on going discussions with Carlton/Cook about coming on board.

We're not the only club and the AFL are also in to him.

Imo it's either us or AFL.

#Bluemour

Just been told - Brand Petracca has been dumped off one of the major clubs sponsor menus. He’s on the move, no doubt.

I’ll guarantee you a major entertainment company wants nothing to do with his name and are removing all branding.
This is coming from inside the company sponsor.

What I’m saying, the sponsor believes Petracca won’t be part of the club next year and hence has decided to remove his branding from their market place.

#Bluemour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contrary to media drivel, Jack Martin and Jack Carroll are not yet out the door.

Martin is waiting on a contract offer and the appointment of the new head physio (club is no longer interested in Darren Burgess).

Carroll is also waiting for a contract offer, as well as increased playing opportunity during the upcoming finals series (he has played 15 games already this year, very much a required player).

Both may very well still be in navy blue next year.

#Bluemour

RE: Sam McClure

McClure informative now works for a club South side.
Any Carlton information he is getting is coming from another club and he is being used, either knowingly or unknowingly, to help another team shake players loose.

#Bluemour

More about ⬆️

Exactly, he’s old school, but he knows how to play the game.

It’s not always about the branch he’s shaking, but the end result.

The entire football community knows Harry was never going anywhere, his contract and his commitment to the club was never in doubt.

His name being thrown around was to start in the hope of starting a chain reaction.

Petracca wanted Carlton, dees wanted a tall forward.
We were never going to trade one of our two. Both long term contracted and both no interest in leaving.
But it just so happens that the Saints have one that they wouldn’t mind cashing in on.
And they have had their eyes set on Tom for a while.
It was all going so swimmingly until they actually gauged Tom’s interest. Which was next to none.

Sam could potentially of been just a pawn in all of this.
He gets fed the Petracca information, which was everywhere inside the AFL community.
The Dee’s have been looking for a tall forward for years, and his interest in Carlton was known.

So the story pretty much wrote itself. Whether he was aware of the larger games at play or not, I’m not sure.

The Saints loved the Marshall/Ryder combination. So for them they are looking for another player that can fit the role. A 50/50 split of time forward and ruck with players that are comfortable playing both roles.

#Bluemour

These are the type of deals we will do. Names like Rosas, Konstanty, Garcia, Haynes and more are who we are speaking to. I expect a couple of announcements straight after GF.

This coupled with Campo twins and a couple of high drafts picks is what Austin wants. Also, has eye on 1 or 2 mature State League type players as rookies, SSP's. We have been extremely active this year to fill some holes on our list

I know people want Houston, but if what I am told is correct, we aren't actively chasing him. However, if he wanted to come to us and on our terms of course we would do it. Austin wants to use Pick 11 in the draft

Consistent comment to me is strategy as I have mentioned and be in a position to chase some FA's, pre agents in 2025 when we will be in a great position SC wise to do 2-3 deals if needed
#Bluemour

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back