Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that Cook is an instant solution.

But it would be a bloody big step in the right direction.

Agree, not instant, but the fresh eyes coming from Geelong and seeing the processes and personnel we have, I think his initial assessment + his ability to work with Sayers, could see a fundamental structural change. Although he may shake things up and make it a tough phase of adjustment in the short term, the runs are on the board to say that his structures, processes and relationship style is highly functional and proven in building and maintaining successful AFL clubs.

I see your trepidation, but I'm very bullish on this one.

I respectively disagree with these points.
Our club is currently a shambles. Lyon would not be a unifying force. He has shown an ability to take a some what matured team to the upper bracket of the competition on multiple occasion, but has never built a club culture that will continue after he leaves. Unfortunately for Carlton, we need someone who wants to build a club! Not a team. This has been our problem for the last 25 years.

Although it feels like all roads lead to Lyon at this point, I haven’t given up hope of the club taking a more holistic view.

That's my concern with Lyon

Obviously it take more than one person to create the holistic environment, Sayers aside, and with the understanding that it's more about the right team, rather than the right individuals, who would you have in these roles

CEO
Footy Manager
Head Coach

Last edited:
Kade Simpson - facial expression controller

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Buckley - dual roles of Podcast Producer and LOTR re-enactment co-ordinator

Bret Thornton - traffic controller

OK, I'll give it a rest now...

Adrian Hickmott - dentistry consultant

I think our problem is that we expect a coach to rebuild the club.
Spot on succinctly put, there’s never been a Coach in AFL history that could do that.
It takes a very good administration, to put together expert Football & Coaching and Recruiting teams, then a new culture will slowly emerge.
There’s no instant fix to our problems, keep the fingers crossed that critical & import pieces fall into place early, gradually things will happen , changes will occur for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back