Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What was your point then?
That inmo, too many people are delegating a mentoring role to Eddie regardless of the fact he may not be around, he may not want the role and not all indigenous players respond the same way to support systems constructed for them. Same as non indigenous players.

Why isn’t anything ever easy for our club seems like we have to pull teeth every time
If Sydney match, they have to keep and pay Hewett, increasing cap pressure and potentially forcing someone else out.
They’ll make sure our deal is structured in a way which gets them a decent compo pick.
Should be one occasion when we benefit from the AFL endeavours to keep NSW teams up top.

I’ve got a feeling Sydney are going to force a trade, Judging by Tom Harley’s comments. This is probably the hold up
We should walk away. He doesn't give us much more than EC and we don't have excess picks to trade.

Cerra and improvement from our young mids is enough. Need to get more talls on the list. We don't have a lot of under 21s on our list at the moment and I wouldn't want to cut Ramsay to make room.

Don't recall whether it was Diesel or Sayers, but the club itself has publicly noted the strengths that got Voss the top job and the need to surround him with some complementary tactical coaches
I think there needs to be a mix of skills and experiences surrounding him.
It looks like we are going from one extreme to another.

That inmo, too many people are delegating a mentoring role to Eddie regardless of the fact he may not be around, he may not want the role and not all indigenous players respond the same way to support systems constructed for them. Same as non indigenous players.
I think there is some truth to what you are saying, and it’s disappointing for your point that when you decided to point it out it happened to be to his ex teammate and cousin who he passed his number onto.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't commit to someone and then just walk away when it gets a bit difficult.
We offered to take him as a free agent not trade for him. He may now have an identical contract at the Swans. We never committed to trade for him. As long as you don't mess around so no other deal can be done there is no problem in my book.

We offered to take him as a free agent not trade for him. He may now have an identical contract at the Swans. We never committed to trade for him. As long as you don't mess around so no other deal can be done there is no problem in my book.

No, we committed to making him a Blue for 2022.

When we did that, we would have known the risks associated and the chances that Sydney might match the bid. We'd have prepared for every possibility on that front.

If Sydney match, they have to keep and pay Hewett, increasing cap pressure and potentially forcing someone else out.
They’ll make sure our deal is structured in a way which gets them a decent compo pick.
Should be one occasion when we benefit from the AFL endeavours to keep NSW teams up top.
Clubs don't match unless the player is absolutely elite and one first round pick just isn't going to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back