Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s not enough of a reason to trade significant draft capital for a player who had obvious limitations that suggest he wasn’t going to make it as a Afl midfielder instead leaving us with an expensive back pocket.

No, but are we blaming Stocker for that?

No, but are we blaming Stocker for that?

Of course not. My beef is solely with the recruiters. They knew his limitations but still took him. Further clearly didn’t do any background into his character to see how he would respond to pressure.

But when your recruiter won’t leave VIc because he is scared to fly I guess you can’t expect too much in depth analysis out of him. I can’t believe the bloke is still at the club. Would be sacked if I had anything to do with it.

Of course not. My beef is solely with the recruiters. They knew his limitations but still took him. Further clearly didn’t do any background into his character to see how he would respond to pressure.

But when your recruiter won’t leave VIc because he is scared to fly I guess you can’t expect too much in depth analysis out of him. I can’t believe the bloke is still at the club. Would be sacked if I had anything to do with it.
Get over yourself. These boys are 17. What do you want to do with them, hang em upside down from the Gardner Stand to see how they cope? You think because someone doesn't fly they don't have input into a player's character and performances? You tough-guy sack him because he wouldn't fly in any job in the world and you're in court. Just rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get over yourself. These boys are 17. What do you want to do with them, hang em upside down from the Gardner Stand to see how they cope? You think because someone doesn't fly they don't have input into a player's character and performances? You tough-guy sack him because he wouldn't fly in any job in the world and you're in court. Just rubbish.

I expect the recruiter to do his job. In the NBA and professional soccer leagues in Europe the recruiters would at least interview the players face-to-face to see what sort of person they are. I’d imagine an in person interview of a AFL draftee would also be common place.

If you want to lawyer up I think an employer of a multi million dollar business should expect an employee to do proper “due diligence” before purchasing an asset, and if the employee got that decision wrong because they didn’t do the work they would get sacked.

I expect the recruiter to do his job. In the NBA and professional soccer leagues in Europe the recruiters would at least interview the players face-to-face to see what sort of person they are. I’d imagine an in person interview of a AFL draftee would also be common place.

If you want to lawyer up I think an employer of a multi million dollar business should expect an employee to do proper “due diligence” before purchasing an asset, and if the employee got that decision wrong because they didn’t do the work they would get sacked.

Stocker is from Melbourne isn't he?

No excuses this week. Our list is much better than hawks atm.

Lose this week then Voss/coaching team back under spotlight.
They're still under the spotlight, just a few/most globes will pop - most of them loudly - if we capitulate to the Hawks.

GC took them apart yesterday.

No excuses if we can't so likewise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back