Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a discussion the other night where a few people were saying we have the Campo brothers next year, then there are a couple of Walker kids who are stars and then Tassie will really comprimise the draft.

Maybe our last chance for a Top 10 pick in a long while?
Walker has 2 sons - what age?

I'm not saying this is fake news, but that means our F1 gone, compo for Fisher gone, our F2 for Hollands gone, and in return a F3 at best for Dow.

How exactly are we planning to match the bids for Ben at ~ pick 5 and Lucas at ~20-30 with just two 3rd rounders next year? Are we planning on trading out a bunch of players next year or just that eager to go into 2025 with a massive deficit of picks?
2025 picks available in next years trade period. Don't need to get all our ducks in a row for next season until.... next season.

Austin pushing hard for Geelong's Pick 8. Have been in discussion for a while and Geelong open to it. It's a focus for us and may hold up any deal for Hollands.

This years and next years first involved plus possibly deal for Fisher or Dow. If we can upgrade 17 it may help more

Club will be very happy to go to draft with pick 8 and maybe a later pick. We want another A grade young player as next year will be Campo kids and possibly a FA or 2 as we will be well off SC wise
Geelong need a top ten talent way more than us. Give the draft appears to be weak, I don’t see how this makes sense for them.

Walker has 2 sons - what age?
Not sure of the 2nd son, but the eldest Cody, looks to be 14. Maybe in Gr.9? Another 3 yrs of high school -perhaps??
Made All-Australian selection, at School Sports Australian under-15 National Championships this Aug.
Cody attends St. Jospehs in Echuca. Look to have a great jnr AFL program. Their teams seem to be going great guns.

I hope Austin realises that the beauty of having father/son picks is that you can possibly get them to the club in addition to other top tier talent. I hate the idea of trading in two first round picks (and then some) for a single pick unless we are virtually assured of getting a 'super' player. Pick 8 (or whatever it is) is a little late a pick to be messing around for. It's the stuff you give up for established champs, not for a single draft pick in the lower reaches of the top ten.

Last edited:
Those of us Tasmanians who are keeping an eye on Tassie politics from afar would suggest there is no guarantee of Tassie coming in. It might all depend on whether the AFL is prepared to backflip on the stadium.

Anyway… I digress. I can understand why industry types are treating the team as a done deal. Just saying that it might not happen.

Thanks for the good oil on what might be brewing, Soapy.

Austin pushing hard for Geelong's Pick 8. Have been in discussion for a while and Geelong open to it. It's a focus for us and may hold up any deal for Hollands.

This years and next years first involved plus possibly deal for Fisher or Dow. If we can upgrade 17 it may help more

Club will be very happy to go to draft with pick 8 and maybe a later pick. We want another A grade young player as next year will be Campo kids and possibly a FA or 2 as we will be well off SC wise
Would this mean we would have to use a future selection if Hollands eventuates...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any word on who we might be keen on with the pick since it appears Watson and Dursma (probably the 2 who suit our needs) don't make it that far?

I hope Austin realises that the beauty of having father/son picks is that you can possibly get them to the club in addition to other top tier talent. I hate the idea of trading in two first round picks (and then some) for one unless we are virtually assured of getting a super player. Pick 8 (or whatever it is) is a little late a pick to be messing around for. It's the stuff you give up for established champs, not draft picks.

I keep going back to the Cook influence. He has apparently done amazing work getting our SC under control and is in a good spot.

Geelong during the last decade have never had a lot of Top 10 picks. They have not overpaid, recruited smartly and done well with FA and some trades.

I really believe we will try and bring in another gun pick this year and then it will be about Father/Sons, Free Agency, smart drafting etc. We have upped our recruiting department a lot in the last year. Also, look at the Two Irishman we have also brought in.

We will look at every possible way to keep improving our list.

I'd assume that we might be very interested in Nate Caddy if we are doing that. Pick 8-10 would be about his range. Saw him play in the Magoos for us midseason (when it looked like we might have an early pick, LOL). He was very good. About 192cm. Key or third tall forward. Bit of Charlie Curnow or Jack Riewoldt about him. I think he could play forward next year. Not high possession but high impact.

From the article:
'At 192cm, the main question mark over Caddy as an AFL prospect is his in-between size and whether he can translate his game as a genuine key position player.

That query was answered somewhat on Sunday, though the debutant looked more likely to take marks inside 50 than a host of taller and more experienced Carlton-listed forwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we do trade up then I can only assume there's a player there who we are desperate for just beyond the big names in this draft who the club doesn't believe will last to our pick.

Would not make said trade until draft night but have it ready to rock and roll.

Would prioritise Elijah. Absolutely fits a list need and will be ready to contribute in our window. Just work around that other trade.

I'm not saying this is fake news, but that means our F1 gone, compo for Fisher gone, our F2 for Hollands gone, and in return a F3 at best for Dow.

How exactly are we planning to match the bids for Ben at ~ pick 5 and Lucas at ~20-30 with just two 3rd rounders next year? Are we planning on trading out a bunch of players next year or just that eager to go into 2025 with a massive deficit of picks?

Easily, have you not watched how this bidding system works?

Another AFL sanctioned rort

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does the talent thin after pick 5 or pick 10 this draft...

Or even later???

I'm not a massive draft watcher. Did ask my mate and he said not much brewing main priorities are to offload fish and dow.

I think there are 9 standouts (Reid, Walter, McKercher, Curtin, Duursma, Caddy, Sanders, Reid, Watson), 2 of which are Gold Coast academy players so there are 7 available to all clubs. Geelong's pick would be right on the edge. Either that pick misses them all or there is one left who may or may not suit our needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back