Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. It was always 2019 when we started to win more games but IMO today was very winnable and our efforts were pathetic
Yes, it was but I think we've been pressured into bringing in a bit more experience and in trying to play a more attacking style when we just don't have the cattle. Of course you plan to win games but there are different ways to go about it. O'Shea and Polson are funny 'íns' and the former is even a funny draft selection.

Hhahahahah "burst inside 50" "won a good clearance". He does some good things, and by no means would i not play him because i think he is going to be a very, very good player but lets not just praise him for the sake of it. He had 11 touches, 4 kicks, 2 tackles and went at 45%. Needs to improve

2nd gamer mate.

That burst inside 50 was one of the most exciting pieces of play today. He was good in patches.

- Ring in the changes for next week. What an insipid performance from most of the group today. First off, credit to GCS and their organisation around the ground. Their work rate to get back in numbers and flood and fill the hole in the forward 50 for us, forced our entries to be non-effective. Whether it was the high ball in or kicking to a player where we had no significant advantage to try and score, they did so well in making sure our entries were non-efficient. That in addition to our disposal efficiency, specifically in the first half, absolutely ruined us going forward.

- The thing that upset me the most was the way we struggled down back today. Whether it was the extra number over the top they had at the back of a contest or Jones deciding or being told he can play 20 metres off the best forward on the ground, it was bang average from what we know that defensive unit can produce. No drive off half back, and even worse poor decision making, cause so many turn overs which they punished us with over and over. Something a few of us alluded to before the game. Funny enough turnovers were even at 75 a piece. Simpson's decision to kick back to Marchbank ... I mean geez ....

- Yes we struggled around the ground due to the disadvantage of not having the physical presence of Kreuzer or nous as a ruck, but Casboult competed as well as he could today. Witts is an inform ruckman of the competition, he was up against it before the game had started. Did some nice things, especially that clearance he had, as well as his combativeness in the centre bounces. Lack of Bam Bam made our midfield struggle around the ground even more so, that man is going to be and already is a very important cog in our midfield.

- C. Curnow, E. Curnow, SPS, Fish, Cripps, Cuningham were the positives today. Could say a lot about them, as well as some others who weren't up to it. Those names have been mentioned already. Finishing off on this; the MC stuffed up big time on selection. Seeing O'Shea lining up on the wing absolutely frustrated the crap out of me, I think a lot of us are still pondering why he was selected. Hearing JSOS kick 3 goals means he's hopefully had a solid performance and will be back in.

Very interesting week coming up. We go again next Friday.

I think the inclusion on kreuzer,Kennedy and hopefully Lang will make a huge difference to us next wk and something has to give in the backline we can not play Jones,Weitering
Marchbank,Plowmen all down there
Jones seriously has to go back to playing how he did last yr and concentrate on his own player stop trying to be rance and be more like Astbury, you will be much more of an asset to the team playing that role

I haven't seen the game but it sounded like we were awful.

Also Looks like a lot of people have been hiding in the bushes waiting for Jones to have a bad game.
he was always gonna pass the grassy knoll at some stage.....

B I N G O

There's one last thread to cut from the Dark Ages and it's our meek skipper in #3. Docherty's injury is so cruel on so many levels.
Massive game for Murphy as captain. If he was revered by his team then they bleed for him and do whatever it takes to get across the the line for him. Saw none of it.

Have a look at all the teams who are regularly shite, including us and then look at their leader.

Yeah, I get we've had massive player turnover etc but these guys as a collective don't appear to look to Murphy when the chips are down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B I N G O

There's one last thread to cut from the Dark Ages and it's our meek skipper in #3. Docherty's injury is so cruel on so many levels.

Next captain needs to be Cripps so when the WA teams come sniffing about to lure him back home he’ll feel a bit more responsibility to us. If not it will give us a little bit more bargaining power.
Plus he’s our best player and will lead by example. And he’s grouse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No rant but just going to say this.

Today was like taking 12 steps back.

Didn't show anything and knew we were gone after 10 minutes.

SPS, Curnow, FIsh tried hard but were always up against it.

Weits needs to be dropped to find form and confidence but he's not alone there.

Mullet, O'Shea have to go sorry we saw today why they were dumped by their former clubs.

Cunningham did some nice things.

But why didn't we select McKay or TDK?

Muphy? What happened to him gets knocked off the ball to easily I know he has played his heart out for us over the years but....

Long, long winter ahead if we dish out that crap.

One word actually several but I will stick to one.

DISGRACEFUL.

Last edited:
Simple M ******* C G. That light shadow shit all day would of been tough to deal with. And we will learn the lesson.
there's an excuse I hadn't thought of - and only worked against one team.....

Forget about skills - they missed targets and couldn't hit a teammate on the chest from 20 but the worst part is that there were more GC players at each contest. They worked harder than us.

I think Gecko on the Carlton Show podcast said, if we were the hunter, we would win it. Well, we a were a baby antelope with a broken leg and they were a lion with huge appetite.

Someone said something about the train and that was one of the worst parts. The members and fans were so flat. And why not? That was one of the worst games I've been to in recent memory.

That's the bad.

Fisher, SPS in parts, Matty Wright, Charlie, Ed. And Levi - given a job to do that shouldn't be his - all ok. We're in a rebuild and improvement isn't steady or consistent. Sometimes you get flattened and take a while to brush it off. Sometimes you go backward. But all this is learning. NOt just for the players, but for the coaches, and the selection panel and the list managers. We have quality people. We will rise.

Go Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back