Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

So two bits of good news

1) when Krooz is a late withdrawal and polson is a surprise selection, it tends to be our worst performance for the year

2) re lynch: we tend to recruit guys that play well against us.... Also, based off last year he'll kick negative 1 goals in the return fixture

#TryingHardHere

Almost impossible to be competitive without a ruckman. Was sitting in front of Simon White today and the bloke next to him (who White didn't know) was slagging off Simpson for a really long time. White eventually turned to him and told him to pull his head in because he's been our best player over the past 10 years and will play 300 etc. Couldn't believe anyone could knock Simmo's effort, just wish the 21 others out there today played with the same heart.

I'm just going to try and forget today. We are a young rebuilding side and days like today will happen where the players aren't on and we get out coached.
After saying that we have now won only 7 of our last 35 games. Things have to improve on today because we are heading into Melbourne territory and sooner or later we have to start winning otherwise all the hard work of growing a strong culture will be completely lost and we will back to square one.

Absolute rubbish mate. I have been repeating it for days now. Harry has done and shown nothing at all so far this season in the JLT or practice games to demand selection. End of story!

Again bullshit!
If we are going to play b-graders and spuds in the team week in week out, then McKay should get a game even if he doesn’t get a touch all game.

I’m so ****ing tired of the line that’s trotted out about how players have to earn their spot I merit.

Dow has played 4 games this year (2 jlt games) and only really played decent in one of them, the first one.
Casboult has done nothing for weeks (and years before that) by still gets a game every god damn week.
There are others as well.

Anyone thats really pissed off with that game of football like i am , i just had 2 big pieces of lammington, fresh cream and jam cake and I'm telling yas i feel better already :huh:
My missus was thinking the same thing. She saw how hard I was taking the loss, and brought in some Lammingtons, fresh cream and jam cake. She passed it to me and it slipped straight out of my hands. She was less than 5 metres away. I couldn't understand it. I held these in training every time. I looked around, trying to figure it all out, and realised I still had my Blues scarf on...

Still sulking about the performance....
Go Blues...sob sob.

Structures was the main issue this week and thats how I can rationalise and accept such a performance.

Its not a full excuse but we have been savaged by injuries and we do not have the depth to cover them.

Kreuzer is so vital.
Kennedy is new but so important as we have no one else of his size to help Crippa.
Williamson's composure and disposal is so important and painfully missing especially with Docherty out.

Other guys like Lang and Pickett aren't massive difference makers but when you look at their alternatives (oshea, mullett, polson)...these guys should be absolute emergencies.

Blueballs almost nailed our ins and outs for next week but I would swap SOS in for Lamb. Lamb I dno hes just not good. Play in the 2s and use against Hawthorn.

Delivery inside 50 and tryna get out of 50 was horrid today.

Ok home now so had some time to breathe. I still cannot put into words how dissapointed I am with the club today. We haven't played this bad in a long time.

The only positives for me were Curnow, Fisher, Polson getting a run, Cunners getting a run and honestly his effort would not have been seen on tv I imagine and Daisy Thomas still giving it his all.

Our senior players outside of Ed Curnow and Daisy were atrocious.

Murphy is nowhere near good enough to be getting a game at the moment. He honestly just quit on the contest early on. His disposal is close to the worst in our team and he has no interest in getting physical. Honestly I feel for him because he went through hell I'm sure when we had our dark days. But he is nowhere near an AFL grade midfielder at the moment.

If I could ask our club the following questions and have honest answers I'd be satisfied.

If Murphy wasn't captain would he be in our best 22?
As captain does Murphy drive high standards?
What was the benefit of playing Levi as a lone ruckman over TDK if he was our only option?
Why do players like Mullet and O'Shea get a game over players like McCreadie?
Why can our players not tackle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again bullshit!
If we are going to play b-graders and spuds in the team week in week out, then McKay should get a game even if he doesn’t get a touch all game.

I’m so ******* tired of the line that’s trotted out about how players have to earn their spot I merit.

Dow has played 4 games this year (2 jlt games) and only really played decent in one of them, the first one.
Casboult has done nothing for weeks (and years before that) by still gets a game every god damn week.
There are others as well.

Blah, blah , blah. Its boring now. We get it, You hate Levi and want to reward no effort at all with games.

My missus was thinking the same thing. She saw how hard I was taking the loss, and brought in some Lammingtons, fresh cream and jam cake. She passed it to me and it slipped straight out of my hands. She was less than 5 metres away. I couldn't understand it. I held these in training every time. I looked around, trying to figure it all out, and realised I still had my Blues scarf on...

Still sulking about the performance....
Go Blues...sob sob.
Wasn't it disappointing? Hopefully we'll get over it pretty quickly with a good win over the filth next week

The selection of Oshea replace a forward was a ****** red flag. After one week bolton gave up on positive footy and went back to negative bull**** that took us nowhere. Two extra defenders in the squad, and a not ready mid replacing a ruck. Absolute crap from Bolton. We may win, we may not, but the boys have to be given a chance

And this isn’t a once off
Last year the same happened with underdone wtf selections of Thomas earlier on and then some others who I can’t remember right now...

It’s just funny they make a point by moving JSOS back to vfl but bring in worse players

It’s seriously wtf ongoing at selection

????

This experience line people use is unfounded. If we have Murphy Kruezer Curnow Jones Plowman Simpson Wright Thomas in our side how much more do we need? Weitering Marchbank Garlett SPS Silvagni are beginners anymore. From then I would prefer Macreadie O'Brien Williamson Lang over O'Shea Mullett Lamb etc any day
Mate, to put more kids in today would not have helped.

For mine, the greatest problem from the first two weeks is the delivery out of defence. Docherty was always going to be missed... but wow, he is really missed.

Last week we managed to get away with Simpson delivering the ball to the midfield (albeit with some mistakes). This week, Gold Coast just sit on him, knowing no one else can provide that run and delivery.

That leaves it to Plowman, Byrne, Marchbank, Mullett, Jones, and O’Shea (shudder) to deliver cleanly. None of them can do it... though Byrne might be able to do so one day.

It’s actually the perfect role for Cuningham, if only he could display the ability to consistently find the ball. I think it’s worth a shot. Other than that, we start to have to do things like robbing Peter to pay Paul by putting SPS on a half back flank. But then, where is our midfield run? Williamson is the other option when he comes back, and we may also see Schumacher get a run of games.

Anyway, how do you isolate one thing about today? But to me, that’s the biggest task for the coaches next week, to find some run and delivery out of defence.

So many of you are embarrassing week to week thinkers. Get some perspective and emotional intelligence.
People are disappointed in a disappointing performance. If you had perspective and emotional intelligence, you would understand that. Let people vent.

Agree with 99% of that coach!

Only thing re Cripps, as you said, the selection of Polson instead of another tall was dumb, but it really hurt Cripps too. How's he supposed to have an impact when around the ground we had no real ruckman to help him out?
Look, I’m not here to shitcan Patrick Cripps. I love him as much as any Carlton supporter. And he has enough credit with me to forgive one bad game. But if we’re assessing his game today, the facts are he was poor.
And your point about not having a proper ruckman, shouldn’t be his defence. If I’m a coach, and I know the opposition has us covered in the ruck, I expect my onballers, especially the guns, the “hunters”, to take up the slack.
Cripps has never relied on anyone putting the ball down his throat. He hunts it, he wins his own footy. He monsters opponents and inflicts his will on the contest. He simply didn’t do that today.
Again, I know it’s not the done thing to criticise him, but in isolation, he was well below par today.

we will win next week.
That was about as bad as anything dished up in the Malthousse era. So sick of being let down with a shocker like this, following on from an encouraging performance the previous week.
Not selecting a ruckman to replace Kreuzer such poor judgement.
To have three players with a kicking efficiency at three quarter time at under 35% is disgraceful. Mullett why did import another who can't kick. Thomas, say no more and the worst of all was Murphy at under 25%.
No we were worse than that

I might start following the blues, pretty much the same way the players/coaching staff play/coach the game.

Some days I'll give a toss, some days I won't.
Today is a day I don't give a toss.
But I'm still having my Rant.
How can you go into a game with your No1 Ruckman being a late withdrawal (bullshit twas never going to play).
Surely the Inclusion of Mckay, or some other Tall streak of Pelican shit should've been picked.
And replace him in the side with Polson. WTF.
How Can a captain whom is Leading his team for the 100th time play so poorly. Double WTF..

WTF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back