Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be better if it was retitled

Blunt_Tiger's no bull thread on all things Richmond

How about we replace 'blunt' with 'dull'? They kind of mean the same thing.

ie This knife has a dull edge. This knife is blunt. :thumbsu:

I'm bored. Being off work with a torn calf will do that to you I guess.......

Losing white is a huge mistake that is warranted criticism.

I however do give kudos in getting players like Chaplin and Knights. They were well played gets and improved the list but I think we could be doing better.

1. Losing White was not a huge mistake. It would have been nice too keep him but he is skill just as average as he has always been.

2. Knights has been a disaster. 3 and a half games in 2 years is not an acceptable return. I like him and want him to come good but that is one of the worst recruiting results in recent memory to this point.
Here's some blunt for ya: Knights is finished. He's been injured for 5 years. Why do we all cling to the hope that he'll miraculously come good?

my opinion is that your avatar sucks balls. Turning the might Tiges logo into a quasi-Collingwood one deserves a ban

You're from Perth, my opinion is you don't even barrack for Richmond, troll! 10th post pfft

1. Losing White was not a huge mistake. It would have been nice too keep him but he is skill just as average as he has always been.

2. Knights has been a disaster. 3 and a half games in 2 years is not an acceptable return. I like him and want him to come good but that is one of the worst recruiting results in recent memory to this point.
Here's some blunt for ya: Knights is finished. He's been injured for 5 years. Why do we all cling to the hope that he'll miraculously come good?

Disagree with 1.

Agree with 2.

Some humorous reads on this thread to be sincerely honest.

Would have liked to have a few names mentioned like Goddard or Chappy or Betts or Griffen, but as mentioned the club has appeared in two finals in two years which shows improvement. The club clearly won't go out and pick up players that don't fit the culture or are overrated or over priced.
Our top players Lids Cotch Rance are now coming to that age where they should peak now and in the next few years, which would be the perfect time to land a high end FA.
The missing pieces (FA) to be a force come finals will come in the next couple of years or two is how I see it.

Seriously we were the absolute shite of the comp for how long, and we are one of the biggest clubs if not biggest, which makes it worse, and it has taken this long to not only become real contenders but also a club that will continue to grow and have continued success in years to come.

Apparently we were going to go for Frawley? Seems we barely approached.

It was the word on the street that we were very keen(media)
The media links practically every big name free agent to every club in the hope that people will forget what goes on and then they can claim that they were first with the news on player X joining club Y.

We were never really interested in Frawley and especially not at the reported $800k a season that was mentioned. Frawley simply wasn't worth that and truth be told I reckon that figure was floated/leaked by his management to scare off the struggling clubs and I doubt the Hawks would have paid that much to secure him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having read through this it appears that the only bluntness in here are the rehashed complaints about how we made mistakes letting go and bringing in players.

Some humorous reads on this thread to be sincerely honest.

Would have liked to have a few names mentioned like Goddard or Chappy or Betts or Griffen, but as mentioned the club has appeared in two finals in two years which shows improvement. The club clearly won't go out and pick up players that don't fit the culture or are overrated or over priced.
Our top players Lids Cotch Rance are now coming to that age where they should peak now and in the next few years, which would be the perfect time to land a high end FA.
The missing pieces (FA) to be a force come finals will come in the next couple of years or two is how I see it.

Seriously we were the absolute shite of the comp for how long, and we are one of the biggest clubs if not biggest, which makes it worse, and it has taken this long to not only become real contenders but also a club that will continue to grow and have continued success in years to come.

IMO none of the guys in bold would have helped RFC win a premiership simply because it doesn't suit our window. It would have been Carlton all over again by making us less middle of the road but no where near the difference to clinch anything. So getting them would have been counter productive IMO and not getting them is a fantastic win for the RFC long term and our premiership prospects!

It's Christmas, dude.
The time for miracles.

Come on baby Jesus. Give Knights one good season in the yellow and black.

IMO none of the guys in bold would have helped RFC win a premiership simply because it doesn't suit our window. It would have been Carlton all over again by making us less middle of the road but no where near the difference to clinch anything. So getting them would have been counter productive IMO and not getting them is a fantastic win for the RFC long term and our premiership prospects!

Betts and Griffen are the same age as Lids and should be playing there best footy now and we are a chance I believe to play and win a premiereship in 2016, but also be a strong contender in 2015.

If someone puts their own username in a thread title I already know it is a thread to be avoided.

Captain Blood 17 says people who talk in the third person are to be avoided.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

We are too soft at the trade and free agency period to push that step, or few steps further to being a real finals contender.

more to come.....add your own if you can handle the truth!
No we weren't , much prefer the X factor that 8 fresh faces brings without the limited upside that goes with players that have been unable to forge a career elsewhere . Simple but brilliant strategy that has served geelongs modern day Renaissance well,

Remove this Banner Ad

Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back