News Board Nominations now with Poll

Pick your 2 nominees and it better not include Jamo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And Jonts what kind of a flog are you voting on another clubs board?
No idea from an outsider why Jameson is horrible, i like footy experience on boards persobally and i think Andrawos would bring something that isnt already on the crows board so he is a good option

Didn't know it was only crows supporters only vote

No idea from an outsider why Jameson is horrible, i like footy experience on boards persobally and i think Andrawos would bring something that isnt already on the crows board so he is a good option

Didn't know it was only crows supporters only vote
I would have thought it was obvious that since it’s a Crows board poll, then only Crows supporters need apply.

The fact you don’t know why Jammo is unliked excludes you from having an informed opinion anyway.

But me thinks seeing since the reference to not vote Jammo and decided to being a Port supporter, you thought you were being funny.

I would have thought it was obvious that since it’s a Crows board poll, then only Crows supporters need apply.

The fact you don’t know why Jammo is unliked excludes you from having an informed opinion anyway.

But me thinks seeing since the reference to not vote Jammo and decided to being a Port supporter, you thought you were being funny.
Probably wouldve been the 2nd vote anyway as the rest were lawyers, media personalities that wouldnt add much or real estate

I know Fouad Andrawos personally, he's a successful business owner in SA for 30+ years and dedicates all his spare time to his radio station 5EBI where he's on the board and appears on a multicultural afl web show where he heavily promotes AFL to multicultural communities. He's got a platform which we can seriously grow our member base into one of the biggest in the comp. Here is a sample of his work:

FF to 5:30

I know Fouad Andrawos personally, he's a successful business owner in SA for 30+ years and dedicates all his spare time to his radio station 5EBI where he's on the board and appears on a multicultural afl web show where he heavily promotes AFL to multicultural communities. He's got a platform which we can seriously grow our member base into one of the biggest in the comp. Here is a sample of his work:

FF to 5:30

Just curious, he's had a long time interest in sport it seems, but only a member for 11 years.

He's always been an AFC man?

Just curious, he's had a long time interest in sport it seems, but only a member for 11 years.

He's always been an AFC man?
Yep, but due to work commitments he was only a member on and off in the 90's and early 2000's....however his loyalty to the Crows was never in question and even owns 2 season tickets so he can take a different person every game

Will absolutely vote for GG, gut feel is his running to try and improve the club not for his reputation.

Any lawyers will be automatically crossed off my list.
See - you say that, but I was here wanting southerntakeover to run.
Would've gotten my vote in an instant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't pretend to know about the internal machinations of the Board (or in reality what they do on a month to month basis) to really comment as to who should be there and who should (and it would surprise me if anyone sensibly could).

There are times where blow the whole joint up is worthwhile, but this doesn't seem like one of them.

In that my human instinct is to back able people I know. Otherwise I worry you're doubling down on speculation on speculation (in speculating on someone's ability while you speculate on what indeed they've been signed up to do).

Realise this is a boring answer, but by reason of the long-term lack of transparency (and not necessarily unreasonably so) its difficult for any of us to comment with any intelligence on who should be on the Board.

This is all very interesting stuff however there is quite a sameness in the nominees, not to mention their gender, that it really concerns me.

I realise the whole board thing is an AFL sham anyway, but I hold the faint hope that the member elected component could make some difference to how the club conducts itself and in particular reflects what the members and supporters want.

The most important element to me appears to be completely missing from the nominees put forward, the board should tend to reflect the demographics of the members and supporters of the club, I am sure we have some lawyers and bankers in the overall membership profile, but not about 75%, and I'm even more certain we are not all male!

I suspect much of this is ceremonial, hence the jostling for positions as a self promotional element. All I would suggest is that it's really difficult to vote in this election with any confidence given how much secrecy appears around the machinations of the board

The sooner the club becomes independent of the AFL the better!

This is all very interesting stuff however there is quite a sameness in the nominees, not to mention their gender, that it really concerns me.

I realise the whole board thing is an AFL sham anyway, but I hold the faint hope that the member elected component could make some difference to how the club conducts itself and in particular reflects what the members and supporters want.

The most important element to me appears to be completely missing from the nominees put forward, the board should tend to reflect the demographics of the members and supporters of the club, I am sure we have some lawyers and bankers in the overall membership profile, but not about 75%, and I'm even more certain we are not all male!

I suspect much of this is ceremonial, hence the jostling for positions as a self promotional element. All I would suggest is that it's really difficult to vote in this election with any confidence given how much secrecy appears around the machinations of the board

The sooner the club becomes independent of the AFL the better!

It would be good to have someone on the board that is under the age of 40

It would be good to have the best person for the job. The year they were born is irrelevant.
The board should feature a cross section of skills and be representative of the supporter base.

A lot of supporters are young and are not represented in the current board. This is a "member's representative" after all

Apologies for the triple post -

One thing I liked about Nick Takos was he engaged with the everyday fan / member.

I feel that a member voted position needs to make a genuine connection with the member base, not just say they will and never be heard from again.

I first met Nick while waiting to go onto the field with the banner before a Showdown. He was friendly and approachable, seemed genuinely passionate about improving the club, and keen to get members more involved and to have a voice. I never got the feeling he was doing it for his own ego and/or improving his network, and I feel these are values that the next member voted position must have.

Whoever can best meet that criteria gets my vote(s).

The board should feature a cross section of skills and be representative of the supporter base.

A lot of supporters are young and are not represented in the current board. This is a "member's representative" after all
Yep, that is fair, but I'm not saying we shouldn't have someone younger on the board, simply saying a selection shouldn't be made based on age, especially if there is someone better suited to the role. They need to bring qualities to the position that I outlined in my last post IMO.

Apologies for the triple post -

One thing I liked about Nick Takos was he engaged with the everyday fan / member.

I feel that a member voted position needs to make a genuine connection with the member base, not just say they will and never be heard from again.

I first met Nick while waiting to go onto the field with the banner before a Showdown. He was friendly and approachable, seemed genuinely passionate about improving the club, and keen to get members more involved and to have a voice. I never got the feeling he was doing it for his own ego and/or improving his network, and I feel these are values that the next member voted position must have.

Whoever can best meet that criteria gets my vote(s).

Before the reasons were revealed as to why he had to resign, he was fantastic at engaging with the supporter base - especially the supporter groups.

Of the current nominees - Graeme's probably the closest that has engaged with the supporter base.

Before the reasons were revealed as to why he had to resign, he was fantastic at engaging with the supporter base - especially the supporter groups.

Of the current nominees - Graeme's probably the closest that has engaged with the supporter base.
Completely agree. It's a shame it ended the way it did, I feel he could have been great for the members long-term.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Board Nominations now with Poll

Back