News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly.. When Dangerfield etc signed up, it was said they were now out of reach of GC and GWS.. Most of them signed 2 year deals as usual so they are not actually out of their reach.. Sheedy will be working his ways..

"Last time I looked Chris Judd left West Coast"
Completley different scenario Demetriou you tool.:thumbsdown:
Don't tell me he said that. West Coat got pick 3 in that trade. With this trade we get pick 26 which is pretty much SFA:thumbsdown:. The sooner Dimwitriou is given the boot the better.

**** Bock, **** the AFL, Ive had it with this bullshit Mickey Mouse crap that fat wog **** has continued to pull. SANFL only from now on, this has got to be the most amateur-like "professional" sporting association in the world

Don't tell me he said that. West Coat got pick 3 in that trade. With this trade we get pick 26 which is pretty much SFA:thumbsdown:. The sooner Dimwitriou is given the boot the better.
He definetley said it. And couldn't agree more, as if the rule changes weren't bad enough.:thumbsdown:

**** Bock, **** the AFL, Ive had it with this bullshit Mickey Mouse crap that fat wog **** has continued to pull. SANFL only from now on, this has got to be the most amateur-like "professional" sporting association in the world

Well to be honest its a look into what Free agency will bring you. I think your a little off your tree so I wont say much more, but if you think the SANFL is a professional organisation then you might get a rude shock.

Bock leaving is definitely disappointing for the club but I was one of those fans opening the door for him to leave during some of his less than brilliant moments year.

He hasn't had his best season, no doubt an interrupted pre season didn't help, so it will be interesting to see whether he can get back to some of his best form up on the Gold Coast.

Despite my slight ill-feelings towards him now I really enjoyed watching him play for us and was super proud when he won the club champion award in 2008.

I wonder now how long it will take for me to feel 100% confident in our backline again.... Nevertheless I'm looking forward to seeing Otten, Davis and perhaps Talia cement their spots in the side next year.

It would seem from an article on the AFL website Bock has a pretty fair idea who his "likely" teammates are already....that probably helped with his decision also..... already a "Former" Adelaide Crow!!! :eek:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/100537/default.aspx

FORMER Adelaide defender Nathan Bock has refused to name names, but says he has a fair idea of the kind of team the Gold Coast Suns are likely be fielding in the AFL next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an AFC fan I'm dissappointed, but if I was Bock I would have done the same thing.

A football career last for a very short time and can end at any moment, if I had the chance to set myself up for life and provide for my family I would jump at the opportunity.

I don't see him as a traitor, but a very good ex-crow and a very smart business man. 99% of us would do the same thing every day in our regular jobs. Your contract ends, someone offers to double your salary ofcourse you are going to accept. Football is a business plain and simple.

Don't tell me he said that. West Coat got pick 3 in that trade. With this trade we get pick 26 which is pretty much SFA. The sooner Dimwitriou is given the boot the better.

pick 26 is certainly not sweet **** all, if you win the wooden spoon in 2012 and save the pick for then it is directly after your first round pick so in reality it translates to pick 2. I dont think any club would be foolish enough to activate it in 2010 or 2011 draft for a crappy late 2nd rounder.

If gary ablett heads off to GC you wont even get pick 26, because that would no doubt go to Geelong.

I doubt you will see many clubs use their compensation picks in the next 2 years.

Wierd thing is, if 7 clubs use a compensation pick in 2012, then that draft becomes sort of compromised as well.

I doubt you will see many clubs use their compensation picks in the next 2 years.

Wierd thing is, if 7 clubs use a compensation pick in 2012, then that draft becomes sort of compromised as well.

Exactly. But would the only difference be that no one has raided the best 17 yr olds before the draft? If not, and we were only likely to get a pick in the 20s for the next 3 years and given this is supposed to be a strong draft, wouldnt we better off using it this year rather than waiting 3 years to choose a player. We could have used those 3 years to develop a player. Especially considering the turn over from our list this year.

Exactly. But would the only difference be that no one has raided the best 17 yr olds before the draft? If not, and we were only likely to get a pick in the 20s for the next 3 years and given this is supposed to be a strong draft, wouldnt we better off using it this year rather than waiting 3 years to choose a player. We could have used those 3 years to develop a player. Especially considering the turn over from our list this year.
Yep, this years draft would have been quite impressive had the GC's 17 yo's and their zone picks been in it.

Swallow is one of the best mid prospects i've seen.

We'd be silly to use our picks in the next 2 years. We should sit on it and use it in 2012, 13 or 14.

Hard to predict when/if you're going to have a bad year, but that's what happens.

Correct, source here for anyone:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...y-team-free-kick/story-e6freck3-1225788726123

Still works out the same, you can lose 1 uncontracted player.. If they don't take it off you next year though, they can draw out the vulture like techniques and make you suffer and take it from you at the end of their first actual season in the competition..

So if a player has just signed a 2 year deal, GWS can get them at the end of the 2012 season!! That's just unbelievable..

Demetriou :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

TKB, You are right to be upset about this, but your source isn't the most recent. This is Oct, 2009. The June, 2010 agreements made the compensation issue even more confusing.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=96815

TKB, You are right to be upset about this, but your source isn't the most recent. This is Oct, 2009. The June, 2010 agreements made the compensation issue even more confusing.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=96815

Sorry you must not have understood my post..

It wasn't about compensation, it was about the fact that when GWS come to take uncontracted players, they don't have to do it all in one year like GC are doing..

They can take 1 uncontracted player from say 6 clubs or whatever they want next year before they enter the competition, then in 2012 they can take an uncontracted from the remaining clubs they hadn't touched..

So they can target players really, say they know Dangerfield runs out of contract at end of 2012, instead of taking an uncontracted adelaide player next year, they can not take one from the crows and then in 2012 they can do it and go after who they know falls out of contract..

The 2 year window is massively worse than the 1 year GC get, GC are basically restricted only to grabbing those that are falling out of contract this year..

Sorry you must not have understood my post..

It wasn't about compensation, it was about the fact that when GWS come to take uncontracted players, they don't have to do it all in one year like GC are doing..

They can take 1 uncontracted player from say 6 clubs or whatever they want next year before they enter the competition, then in 2012 they can take an uncontracted from the remaining clubs they hadn't touched..

So they can target players really, say they know Dangerfield runs out of contract at end of 2012, instead of taking an uncontracted adelaide player next year, they can not take one from the crows and then in 2012 they can do it and go after who they know falls out of contract..

The 2 year window is massively worse than the 1 year GC get, GC are basically restricted only to grabbing those that are falling out of contract this year..

No problem. Wasn't challenging your post - the 2 year window the GWS get will be even more of a pain than the current GC concession, true.

Just pointing out that there is a more recent source for some of the rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back