News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

I recall a number of people telling me last year Bock was irreplaceable and that Griffen wasn't a first tier, top50 midfielder. :p

that said any offer we could put together for Griffen won't be greatly enhanced by whatever we get back for Bock.

No but the room in the cap does help.

Anyone know Brad Sewell's status? He'd look nice in our midfield.

Exactly we will probably get nobody for him. But look what Fremantle got for McLeod?

We also need a few more gun midfielders, someone like a Swan or Ablett. But it won't happen and we need to develop younger players to reach that level.

Hardly comparable. McLeod was a promising youngster who hadn't played a game in the AFL. Bock is a proved All-Australian KPP.

No but the room in the cap does help.

Anyone know Brad Sewell's status? He'd look nice in our midfield.
yeah he is old enough to not be around for long enough to warrant drafting him

26 yrs 6 months... younger than i thought. picked him as 28 at least... still... we wouldnt get a whole ton of games out of him and im not sure he is what our mids need

Going by Triggs comments, its pretty obvious the crows are going to take the draft pick ASAP and not wait until after both teams are established. Why would Craig want to use a draft pick that wont realistically be effective for 5 years, when he probably wont even be there? When if he uses the pick now, he can develop the talent at his disposal

Going by Triggs comments, its pretty obvious the crows are going to take the draft pick ASAP and not wait until after both teams are established. Why would Craig want to use a draft pick that wont realistically be effective for 5 years, when he probably wont even be there? When if he uses the pick now, he can develop the talent at his disposal

probably not a bad idea.:thumbsu:

sup people, feel sorry for you guys. 1 of the best rebounding defenders in the league who makes everyone around him better.... pitty u r getting done doggy styles and cant say boo hoo about it cause the fatty in charge acts like a dictator making sure any club cant say shite or u get done doggy with a baseball bat then... pick 26 to 30??? man i would have given u at least a 12 for him....

It wouldn't/shouldn't be Craig's decision. It will determined by Harper and Rendell. I suspect/hope Trigg is kicking up a fuss to get some mileage out of it, with no intention of using it prematurely.

I have disagree. The draft pick is property of the AFC not the Neil Craig head coach re-election party.

it should be used when it is going to be most valuable, then again that is pure speculation so the argurment will probably revert to the bird in hand/bird in bush scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we lose bock for zilch, nothing, zip? Can someone please enlighten me how it all works out?
a compensation pick to be used within the next 5 years...it was indicated in the article that Bock is probably worth a late first rounder, so hopefully we don't spend it in the next 2 years with all the GWS concessions as well (because that would push a first rounder to pretty much a mid-late second rounder in a normal draft year). we get something, but won't see it for a few years yet.

And to think, next year we get the joy of going through this all again for Greater Western Sydney.... :eek: :mad:

Actually, it will be over the next TWO years, as GWS have different rules than the GC.

Gold Coast could take up to 16 uncontracted players in one year (2010).

GWS are able to take the same amount of uncontracted players, but over two years (2011-2012).

Actually, it will be over the next TWO years, as GWS have different rules than the GC.

Gold Coast could take up to 16 uncontracted players in one year (2010).

GWS are able to take the same amount of uncontracted players, but over two years (2011-2012).

Correct, source here for anyone:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...y-team-free-kick/story-e6freck3-1225788726123

Still works out the same, you can lose 1 uncontracted player.. If they don't take it off you next year though, they can draw out the vulture like techniques and make you suffer and take it from you at the end of their first actual season in the competition..

So if a player has just signed a 2 year deal, GWS can get them at the end of the 2012 season!! That's just unbelievable..

Demetriou :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back