News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what good. We got 1.5 seasons of champion football out of the bloke and 1.5-2 seasons of pretty good to good football. That is it.

He took bloody eons to develop and his body has been letting him down for over 18 months now. Best football is behind him.

It cant be true because gold coast window is closed to chat with players and is not allowed to even make contact with his manager untill the end of the year. So the report has to be wrong or the gold coast are in all sorts of trouble.

he either must be already be signed by the start of the season or wait to negotiate at the end of the year. channel 7 may need to double check their sources.

out of all our players that have been talked about as going to the Gold Coast, Bock was probably the player I was most prepared to see go with guys like Otten, Davis and Talia and even Seller on our list.

you can see (and understand) why an Ablett Jr would go, he's got nothing more to achieve and can set himself up with an enormous pay day.

But Bock (and Thommo) is not the sort of player that should be looking at it unless they are 100% sure they can't win a flag in the remaining part of their career at their Club. Which might be how he thinks admittedly. At 27 now, he is going to be realistically 33 by the time GC have a legitimate shot, he's not 24 and taking the punt he will be in his prime during GC's first window.

Pretty much defines the type of footballer he is and what the motivation is. His best chance of team success (which is what you play for) will be in the next 3 years at Adelaide not surfing between 10 goal beltings.

Now let me see....... Bock out...... does that mean Davis to CHB and Craigies' love child Walker back in the 22?

probably not - i'm sure he'll find another excuse :rolleyes:

Haha, RL owning this thread

I said months ago, if we had to lose one of Bock, Danger or Knights - I'd let Bock go without a second thought.

I'm worried about Knights though. The sole representative of the left foot fraternity at the AFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too fussed really. I always expect him to go and play up there. His value in our team has deteriorated with injuries and he looks to be getting on in age these days. His best football is behind him now and I doubt his durability problems will just miraculously dissapear either. If we didn't have Davis waiting in the wings then I'd be a lot more concerned about Bocky leaving but luckily that is not the case.

Haha, RL owning this thread

I said months ago, if we had to lose one of Bock, Danger or Knights - I'd let Bock go without a second thought.

I'm worried about Knights though. The sole representative of the left foot fraternity at the AFC.

Nah mate, we got Sam Shaw ;)

One thing though, if we bloody lose Walker because of the way he was been treated by Craigy (who is only going to be at the club for one more year anyway) I will be ABSOLUTELY ROPEABLE. And will never ever ever ever ever forgive Craigy or the AFC for not stepping in.

We get a used handbag.

We will get a first rounder, to be used either immediately before (or after, cant remember) our first round pick in the draft we elect to use it. Say we have pick 10 next year and want to use it, it is pick 9 (or 11). If we had pick 4, then pick 3 it would turn out to be (5).

I have seen the powerpoint the AFL put together on this. Just can't remember if it is the pick before or after.

This is the 2nd best outcome imo.

Best outcome would've been to use Bock as trade bait to get a decent mid for next year, but now we'll get a decent future pick so we'll have to wait a bit longer.

If true, hopefully will be dropped this week and Walker can return (with Davis shuffling back).

Whatever happens, as a Glenelg supporter, i demand that Walker is selected for the Crows for the remaining rounds!

not unexpected if True

Bocky is obviously chasing security and wants to cash in on his last long term contract

Like most I believe CHB is one position that we can cover with the likes of Davis, Talia and even Stevens if required

All credit to Bocky if he has told Craigy already, this will give Craigy the choice to replace Bock for the past 2 games

hopefully we will get a first round pick for Bocky

Would suck if true.

One of the best CHBs in the comp.

Despite his injury-plagued year, he is all quality.

Hopefully Crows are compensated accordingly.

They reported on the news Bock will be getting around $600k a season at Gold Coast. Now under the revised compensation for players leaving we should get a very good pick from it. I'm hoping this means we will qualify for the best compensation pick package.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back