News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah mate, we got Sam Shaw ;)

One thing though, if we bloody lose Walker because of the way he was been treated by Craigy (who is only going to be at the club for one more year anyway) I will be ABSOLUTELY ROPEABLE. And will never ever ever ever ever forgive Craigy or the AFC for not stepping in.

I'm not counting him until he debuts. Hopefully he can thump drop punts from the centre square.

One thing though, if we bloody lose Walker because of the way he was been treated by Craigy (who is only going to be at the club for one more year anyway) I will be ABSOLUTELY ROPEABLE. And will never ever ever ever ever forgive Craigy or the AFC for not stepping in.

I'm on record : i'm turning my back on the AFC & AFL if that happens

.....and I've been supporting Craig for the main until 2 wks ago...(other than his slow youth development)

He'll be a loss no doubt. Sure we've got some good youngsters who could develop there, Bock of the best if not the best CHB's in the game. His ability to not only negate but also set up play is second to none. Hopefully we get compensated fairly...

Don't worry. We're pretty shrewd operators when it comes to the trade table.
You do understand you have nothing to do with determining his compensation?

you can see (and understand) why an Ablett Jr would go, he's got nothing more to achieve and can set himself up with an enormous pay day.

But Bock (and Thommo) is not the sort of player that should be looking at it unless they are 100% sure they can't win a flag in the remaining part of their career at their Club. Which might be how he thinks admittedly. At 27 now, he is going to be realistically 33 by the time GC have a legitimate shot, he's not 24 and taking the punt he will be in his prime during GC's first window.

Pretty much defines the type of footballer he is and what the motivation is. His best chance of team success (which is what you play for) will be in the next 3 years at Adelaide not surfing between 10 goal beltings.

Whilst thats probaly a fair comment regarding Bock and his attitude (assuming he goes) I think some of the blame also has to fall back onto the club. You'd struggle to find an Adelaide supporter who doesnt agree that this season has been a dissapointment on and off the field. Whilst it may not be a fair enough excuse for a player to leave, if some of the rumours are true about certain rumblings within the club then the club has to have a serious look as to what factors are affecting a former club champion to consider leaving in the first place (whether it be the money or not). If he's intentions are there hes gone as far as I'm concerned, no point bothering with a player who doesnt want to be here.

Reported rumour Bock had to pay $60 excess baggage as he took extra clothes up ther to leave in his flat for pre season over the weekend !

LOL!!!!

He'd be shifting to Queensland right??

Gold Coast to be exact???

You know "Beautiful one day...Perfect the next"........

Pre Season = summer in Qld, only gonna' need board shorts, T shirts and thongs......and a plentiful supply of sunscreen!!!!!! :D

LOL!!!!

Pre Season = summer in Qld, only gonna' need board shorts, T shirts and thongs......and a plentiful supply of sunscreen!!!!!! :D

Nah skin cancer tans are all the rage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL!!!!

apparently Bocky got off the plane with 5 suitcases and a surfboard (you don't pay excess on sporting equipment at least), hired a car from Europcar drove the 70-80kms to his place on the Gold Coast, tidied up, checked the mail, drove back and met the players at the team hotel.

You do understand you have nothing to do with determining his compensation?

Nope, all important decisions regarding compensation will be made on the bus trip to bowral.

A thumbs up to the first person who can tell me where that reference comes from...

apparently Bocky got off the plane with 5 suitcases and a surfboard (you don't pay excess on sporting equipment at least), hired a car from Europcar drove the 70-80kms to his place on the Gold Coast, tidied up, checked the mail, drove back and met the players at the team hotel.

Surely a news team would have somehow got this on film?

Most teams get filmed when arriving right? If so, i can't see how this was missed if true.

Old gossip until its real news. 5AA and WWT twitter is the best source so far. Ha.

I said before (and probably first), Bock leaving definitely wouldn't be the worst case scenario. He has always had injury issues and we were lucky to get a couple fantastic seasons out of him. With a B&F and AA under his belt we should be in line for a first round pick between 2012-2016. We must nominate the year we use the pick prior to the H&A season. The pick would be immediately after our pick in that round.

The 5 bands of compensation picks:

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=96815

clearly it was a massive news day in BrisVegas and all the journo's were there instead of the airport and missed all the Pickfords boxes on the luggage carousel
Cornesy indicated that apparently Walker in his discussion with Craig said What about Tippett, Ive being going better than him ( look at stats of previous 4 games) and then also went onto say why you dropping me for Phil Davis when Bock is leaving and then realised he went to far.

Nope, all important decisions regarding compensation will be made on the bus trip to bowral.

A thumbs up to the first person who can tell me where that reference comes from...

The Late Show episode they did in Sydney after they won the olympic bid, Mick and Tony doing the vox pops.
Classic show. :D

The Late Show episode they did in Sydney after they won the olympic bid, Mick and Tony doing the vox pops.
Classic show. :D

Ding ding ding! Winner.

Ding ding ding! Winner.
Apparently my iPhone doesn't like emoticons. Thumbs up nonetheless.

Awesome show, and almost as funny as half the rumours posted here

Cornesy indicated that apparently Walker in his discussion with Craig said What about Tippett, Ive being going better than him ( look at stats of previous 4 games) and then also went onto say why you dropping me for Phil Davis when Bock is leaving and then realised he went to far.

what and let the cat out of the bag? So now its been announced because Taylor dobbed on him? Where was Dogga in all this? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back