News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously the primary motivator is money but i also wonder whether Bock was privately unhappy with the severity of the club/media treatment post the handbag incident (much like Johncock wasn't happy in a different incident).
Not saying the club was wrong but maybe he felt it was over the top?

Over the top??? half the footy world said we went easy on him because he was such an important player. The club couldn't possibly have been any more supportive.

If Matty Jaensch did that he would have exorcised!

Obviously the primary motivator is money but i also wonder whether Bock was privately unhappy with the severity of the club/media treatment post the handbag incident (much like Johncock wasn't happy in a different incident).

So bock is a princess?

he was arrested, charged and subsequently plead guilty after a boozy day at the pub.

He got a 1 game club ban. He was hardly dealt with harshly by the Club. If he thinks the media would have treated him differently if he played for a Vic Club or QLD Club he's mistaken.

Don't think so mate.

From what I know of Bocky, he has a lot of love for the Crows, and nothing but gratitude; but with the GC doubling his income, it was a no-brainer.

Don't think so mate.

From what I know of Bocky, he has a lot of love for the Crows, and nothing but gratitude; but with the GC doubling his income, it was a no-brainer.
If he is so full of gratitude, shouldn't he have told the club earlier, out of respect?

Don't think so mate.

Fair enough, and btw everyone i never suggested the club was anything but supportive...just wondering if Bock felt that way.

I know he didn't set up the system but this whole lying all year business does leave a nasty taste in the mouth...will get plenty of boos from me next year!

If he is so full of gratitude, shouldn't he have told the club earlier, out of respect?

If he did everything he would've done to play his best for the Club, why would it matter?

It's a prick of a situation, as I said, I don't think it's fair to blame Bock for the messed up situation the AFL has created.

Ablett, Brown, Harbrow etc are all rumoured to have gone as well, yet none of them have disclosed it.

So we can now confirm it's official... the only way Nathan Bock could have signed with GC would be he if he went in that 2 week window last year. It would be completely against the rules for him to admit it otherwise.

Yes? No?

In theory, him and GC could simply have come to terms, but not made it official in print yet. Nothing illegal about them saying "Hey Bocky, hypothetically, would you come here for $600k?" and Bock says "you can put your house on it".

Anyway, this is all still hearsay and rumour. NOTHING OFFICIAL HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED YET! Seems to me a lot of people are jumping the gun. Hell, I'll wager $50 for the first person to take up the bet that this announcement does not happen this week. These rumours come from the same people who told us Tippett had already signed with the Gold Coast, who told us Dangerfield was already gone, and who are now trying to imply that Walker will quit the Crows. I don't believe any of it any more. The only parties that have been consistently in line with reality have been the players themselves, and Bock told us he's staying. Until I hear an official announcement either from the club, or Bock himself, that word is good enough for me.

IF he was to leave us high and dry, and we were to find out he signed up in the two-week window a year ago, I'd be pretty damn upset with him for keeping us in the dark all year. I don't blame anyone for chasing money, though I wonder whether going to a club in a non-footy state for a couple of years, being unlikely to win a premiership in that time, is really worth it in the long run. Seems to me that Bock could stay in SA for his whole career, and after the whole GC saga, would be viewed extremely favourably for it. His face and name-value alone would be worth a lot of money, but not if he's viewed as a traitor by the majority of the state. Make no mistake about it - if he goes to the Gold Coast, once he retires, his name value will be non-existent in Queensland. Almost nobody will care. The only way anyone will care will be if he is the only big-name signing they manage to get.

This is exactly it.

Guys, when Goodwin and Macca go around, either on a lap of honour or for one more game, give them one hell of a ****ing ovation, because between the GC/GWS and the new Free Agency Agreement, the AFL has just killed the notion of Club Loyalty, and those two are probably the last, best exponents of it that we'll ever see.

Don't forget that Burton could be joining Macca and Goodwin in that lap of honor . I'll miss those true champions more than that gold digging, lying, hand bag bashing traitor Bock.

If Bock thought opposition supporters were bad last year after the incident with his partner just wait until he play against us for the 1st time.:D
The most disappointing thing about him leaving is how quickly he's forgotten how the much club and the supporters stuck by him after his arrest despite all the crap we copped from opposition supporters.:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, and btw everyone i never suggested the club was anything but supportive...just wondering if Bock felt that way.

I know he didn't set up the system but this whole lying all year business does leave a nasty taste in the mouth...will get plenty of boos from me next year!

That is the one part that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If you're going, then don't emphatically state that you want to be a one club player.

The presser he did a couple of weeks ago was a poor decision.

If he did everything he would've done to play his best for the Club, why would it matter?

It's a prick of a situation, as I said, I don't think it's fair to blame Bock for the messed up situation the AFL has created.

Ablett, Brown, Harbrow etc are all rumoured to have gone as well, yet none of them have disclosed it.

Ablett, Brown and Harbrow are all playing finals.

It's not a no-brainer. You have two types of footballers, Mercs and Club men. Club men play for a team and want team success, Mercs understand they won't see the success but are chasing the cash or those who have achieved all they need. Bock's won nothing apart from two relatively minor individual awards.

Thankfully the rest of his career will be made up of getting torn apart whilst the 18yo's get to 100+ games to make them reasonably competitive.

If it was a no-brainer there would be 16 AA's who would have manipulated to be uncontracted at the end of this year and spuds like Krak, Rischitelli, Medhurst and Brennan wouldn't be mentioned.

Anyway, this is all still hearsay and rumour. NOTHING OFFICIAL HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED YET! Seems to me a lot of people are jumping the gun. Hell, I'll wager $50 for the first person to take up the bet that this announcement does not happen this week. These rumours come from the same people who told us Tippett had already signed with the Gold Coast, who told us Dangerfield was already gone, and who are now trying to imply that Walker will quit the Crows. I don't believe any of it any more.

I'll take that bet, without the announcement proviso.

$50 says he's gone.

Stabby, I post some crap, but I don't generally post unsubstantiated rumours; a guy who would well and truly know told me 2 months ago that Bock was gone. I'm almost certain he is.

Have any of those guys flat out denied they are going though? I'm not sure...

The AFL really have messed this whole thing up.

Nah, none of this he is doing what is best for himself lad dee dar crap. If he jeopardized the Crows compensation, well..... Get stuffed Bock, ya handbag breaker!:thumbsdown:

Stabby... I don't think there is any doubt at this late hour he is a GAWN!

Classifieds also saying we get nothing... I'm sure that is not true... just we don't get compensation this year but next.

... awwww the betrayal and especially after backing the club on the Davis decision.

The most disappointing thing about him leaving is how quickly he's forgotten how the much club and the supporters stuck by him after his arrest despite all the crap we copped from opposition supporters.:mad:

Who says he's forgotten that?

I guarantee you he hasn't - BUT THEY'VE MORE THAN DOUBLED HIS INCOME!!

Ablett, Brown and Harbrow are all playing finals.

It's not a no-brainer. You have two types of footballers, Mercs and Club men. Club men play for a team and want team success, Mercs understand they won't see the success but are chasing the cash or those who have achieved all they need. Bock's won nothing apart from two relatively minor individual awards.

Nah, you're ignoring the fact that the GC/GWS have completely skewed the market.

A merc would chase the dollars, no matter where they were; as long as they were a bit more than current.

Bocky wouldn't have left us for $50K or anything like that, but when a contract is put to him than more than doubles his wage, I can't blame him.

Nah, none of this he is doing what is best for himself lad dee dar crap. If he jeopardized the Crows compensation, well..... Get stuffed Bock, ya handbag breaker!:thumbsdown:

Can't see how he could, but if he did anything that prevented us from maximising our compensation, then forget everything I've said to defend him.

But I doubt that's even remotely possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back