News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

can anybody categorically tell me how we will be compensated or is it still up in the air? i think, i heard murmurs awhile ago that we would get two first rounders or is this optimistic? whatever criteria the afl use to determine a players worth, you must think bocky is in the highest bracket? he is a former all-australian, best and fairest winner and would command one of the largest salaries at our footy club.

we must have freed up A LOT of cap space with this news and the recent departures of our senior players. we're surely now in a position to go hammer and tongs after a griffen and/or a varcoe?

We will be sureyl surely getting a 1st rounder... if not then that is complete bollocks.

Surely an AA CHB who last week had 150 dream team points against the bulldogs says they have scored an exceptional player.

can anybody categorically tell me how we will be compensated or is it still up in the air? i think, i heard murmurs awhile ago that we would get two first rounders or is this optimistic? whatever criteria the afl use to determine a players worth, you must think bocky is in the highest bracket? he is a former all-australian, best and fairest winner and would command one of the largest salaries at our footy club.

we must have freed up A LOT of cap space with this news and the recent departures of our senior players. we're surely now in a position to go hammer and tongs after a griffen and/or a varcoe?

No, someone like Ablett will be in the highest bracket. May get a 1st rounder but no guarantees there. Reality is that despite having a great 08 and a good 07 he's missed 35 games through injury and indiscretion in the 2 years before and the 2 years since. He's played 113 games of footy and he's 28 before round 1 2011. You're not talking about some 200 game superstar other than in potential and a great deal of luck only.

Heard it first here with Colin.

Details of the move likely to be announced later on in the week.

Actually, I told the board this about two weeks ago - along with Rischitelli and Ablett after receiving a text from "a source". The day after Bock came out and said he wanted to be a one club man so I assumed my "source" was wrong. hmmm

No, someone like Ablett will be in the highest bracket. May get a 1st rounder but no guarantees there. Reality is that despite having a great 08 and a good 07 he's missed 35 games through injury and indiscretion in the 2 years before and the 2 years since. He's played 113 games of footy and he's 28 before round 1 2011. You're not talking about some 200 game superstar other than in potential and a great deal of luck only.
if we do not receive at least one first rounder, the system they are using is definitely flawed. we're talking about arguably the best chb in the competition. yes, he has had injury concerns recently and is twenty-seven but key position players of his stature are like hen's teeth

been a while since they changed the system, but from memory it takes 2 things into account;

1. points for contracted salary value.
2. adjust based on age.

bock definately in the mid-latter part of age bracket. but if the contract is big then we could get a very good pick.

an example is that if they took jacky on a $750,000 year deal, given his age and the contract value, we'd prob get 2 firstrounders. it doesn't matter how good a player is, it's the value of the contract and the age of the player. much better than original system though.

Thank goodness for that
We haven't exactly been Brock McLean'd at the trade table, did you want a 2nd rounder for Meesen?

Shame, but one of the players we could loose.

So does the obvious player in Davis fill in, or do we allow him to develop forward and bring in Talia or McKernan? Or does Jim Bob get a run?

Do we go with a youth policy and play Stevens?

That's what hutchy said. Came about after being "pressed" by Neil Craig. Thanks for your service, now get lost

From footy classified:
* Confrontational meeting held with Craig today.
* Announcement to be made tomorrow stating he has played his last game for the crows.
* Will not be considered for selection for rd 21 & 22

They seem to believe he signed last year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to hutchy Bock will not play next two weeks.

Good bad choice?

I don't know... cut your nose off to spite your face type stuff? The QLD Rugby League selectors were going to leave Israel Folou out of the state of origin squad because he was defecting next year to the AFL. Fact is, he was contracted to rugby league THIS year and therefore should play. Who cares if they are trading camps, we have paid them to play, and play they should.

In terms of development, however, and the fact we aren't in the finals... no harm if he's dropped now. Give him some time to pack up his house and move early, oh and put players in the team who actually want to play for us.

From footy classified:
* Announcement to be made tomorrow stating he has played his last game for the crows.

Jan-Feb window this year more likely. An MOU with a formal contact come Oct.

From footy classified:

My source said he, ablett and rischitelli had all signed "earlier this year". So who knows.

How i would feel if it was a collingwood player too tbh

Staggered that he may have signed last year and then continually denied it, man up and admit then if you play seconds all year your choice

They're talking as though he's one of those signed in the 'loop hole' last trade period. Now I didn't know one was Bock, but if this is the case, it's poor form by Bock not to inform us and he's played his last one for us.

Now onto our compensation....likely to be used in the 2012-2014 drafts.

Now I don't think he'll garner an 'elite' compensation of 2 firsts, though if he's on a good enough crust he may. Most likely looking at a first rounder right after our allocated first.

Definetely shouldnt play.

Not out of spite, but for development. If we were playing finals then he'd be playing (and i doubt we'd know the decision this early).

It means Davis back to CHB with Walker back in (you would hope so)

So Phil Davis - who will be a big part of our future - was dropped a couple of weeks ago for a guy who for some time now has known he was going to the Gold Coast!! God I am mad :mad: I hated the decision at the time but now I am furious.

As Gary Lyon said what ramifications will this (phil davis' dropping for bock) have on the team?

Definetely shouldnt play.

Not out of spite, but for development. If we were playing finals then he'd be playing (and i doubt we'd know the decision this early).

It means Davis back to CHB with Walker back in (you would hope so)

Given that we also lose Vince and Knights, Walker is a shoe-in this week - unless of course he and Craig had a nasty spat and he packs his ball up and goes home. ;)

This is correct, the AFC MOCK their players when it comes to contracts especially the likes of the younger players when guns like Dangerfield etc arent signed onto long term five year deals when we know they are going to be champions, frustrating the AFC need to get fair dinkum abotu EVERYTHING they do because right now EVERYONE is being FOOLED by two of the biggest clowns in AFL circles going around Craig and Trigg:mad:
Any club would be idiotic in signing a player to a 5 year deal. I don't think such a long contract has ever been signed since the AFL became a national competition (except for a coach, and look how that turned out). 4 years maybe, but 3 is usually the longest, the AFC ain't doing anything wrong here you numbnut. This goes down as easily the stupidest post I have seen in my time on here. Trigg is one of the best things that has happened to this club.

So Phil Davis - who will be a big part of our future - was dropped a couple of weeks ago for a guy who for some time now has known he was going to the Gold Coast!! God I am mad :mad: I hated the decision at the time but now I am furious.

As Gary Lyon said what ramifications will this (phil davis' dropping for bock) have on the team?
The AFC didn't know you idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Bock off to Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back