Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 4th Test 9-13 March, 1430hrs at Ahmedabad

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A big * you to India, for ruining what should've been one of the best Test series in years.

Selecting the last pitch purely to prevent the chance of us squaring up the series is a disgrace - the players should be ashamed of themselves for winning the series under such pathetic, contrived circumstances.
They won't be. It is what it is.

After we went 2-0 tests down my interest faded.

The win, while great, was just a bit whoopy doo. like junk time goals in a 10 goal loss.

2-1 series loss isn't terrible. It's hard to win there.

Move on.

I think it could be a similar story in England. Poms 2-1

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon that's selling it a little short. The turnaround from Nagpur was seriously impressive and wrestled back the momentum/reignited the series even if the trophy wasn't on the line.

Unfortunately they panicked at the prospect of a 2-2 draw and folded. It's sad because they were in an even more precarious position last tour at 1-1 coming into the 4th test and still prepared a good wicket at Dharmsala...which they promptly won on.

Cricket lovers missed out here.

A big * you to India, for ruining what should've been one of the best Test series in years.

Selecting the last pitch purely to prevent the chance of us squaring up the series is a disgrace - the players should be ashamed of themselves for winning the series under such pathetic, contrived circumstances.
And their fast bowler were in better form than ours with Green and Starc returning from injuries, had they left more grass than they would have had an edge.

Hopefully we have "learnt" from being in strong position and not let it slip like in the 2nd Test and some extent even in the 1st Test......
When you arrive days before first Test and do not give yourself enough time to adjust and remove stupid mistakes from your game in different conditions before a series starts, I cannot see it happening. These type of schedules seem like they will be the way forever more. Cannot see touring teams having the time to get adjusted for a month or so that would be far more ideal.

Hopefully that second test makes us finally rethink this theory that we have to sweep everything to win in india, aussies need to stop asking former aussies players who never won anything in india how to play spin and start asking indians how to play over there and reality is they dont live or die by the sweep like we do on these decks.
We did rethink the theory and stopped playing the sweep shot after that 2nd test

When you arrive days before first Test and do not give yourself enough time to adjust and remove stupid mistakes from your game in different conditions before a series starts, I cannot see it happening. These type of schedules seem like they will be the way forever more. Cannot see touring teams having the time to get adjusted for a month or so that would be far more ideal.
Most of our players will have Country Cricket experience though.

Most of our players will have Country Cricket experience though.
I'm more talking about vastly different conditions like us touring India. England easier to adjust but wherever an overseas side tours they really should turn up no later than three weeks before first Test and have two or three first class matches and then they might have time to begin remove some obvious mistakes most sides make when in very different conditions and adjust before you too deep into a Test series that it too late anyway.

I'm more talking about vastly different conditions like us touring India. England easier to adjust but wherever an overseas side tours they really should turn up no later than three weeks before first Test and have two or three first class matches and then they might have time to begin remove some obvious mistakes most sides make when in very different conditions and adjust before you too deep into a Test series that it too late anyway.
In their defense, the tour matches according to Khawaja never are apparently useless as the groundsman purposely prepare pitches that are not reflective of the actual wicket.

I will concede that the test players should have flown in much earlier but the BBL was on and Cricket Australia were obviously keen to milk that cash cow by having Smith and co play to increase revenue.

In their defense, the tour matches according to Khawaja never are apparently useless as the groundsman purposely prepare pitches that are not reflective of the actual wicket.

I will concede that the test players should have flown in much earlier but the BBL was on and Cricket Australia were obviously keen to milk that cash cow by having Smith and co play to increase revenue.
As I've pointed out before, there are more benefits to playing warm up games than just the type of pitch involved.

We only tour India every 4-5 years. It shouldn't be that hard to put in the amount of preparation needed given how rarely we tour there.

We only tour India every 4-5 years. It shouldn't be that hard to put in the amount of preparation needed given how rarely we tour there.
They don't though. We thought we could just turn up like magic and adjust in two seconds but we all saw how stupid they were in their approach before they woke up to themselves and started to adjust AFTER two Tests had already been played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank god that test is over. Neutral venue for the test championship, I wonder how much pressure the BCCI will put on the MCC to have one of their curators be involved. Seriously I wouldn’t put it past them. They’ll bitch and moan and threaten not coming until they get something their way. It might be the type of ball, playing conditions, pitch preparation, it’ll be something. Just like they did when they toured here and refused to play the first test at the Gabba so we changed or when it was a d/n test and they complained about not having played in those conditions before and we caved. Also when drs first came in they were the only country to not use it until they were forced to. They have a long history of this, let’s just wait and see what they want and how much people will cave in.

If they cave on anything it will be something minor in these circumstance so not as cynical about what likely to go on in England. Too much tradition and pride in the sport for them to cave on anything really important.

After we went 2-0 tests down my interest faded.

The win, while great, was just a bit whoopy doo. like junk time goals in a 10 goal loss.

2-1 series loss isn't terrible. It's hard to win there.

Move on.

I think it could be a similar story in England. Poms 2-1

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Same here, once we were down 2-0 after that deflating loss, my interest waned. Terrific result in the 3rd test, this was a terrible test and the pitch was arguably just as bad as the ones in Pakistan.

IMO curators played far too big a role in this series, as the 2 best teams in the world should've played out a memorable series where in the end I thought the series was pretty average. Batting collapses decided the first three tests.

If they cave on anything it will be something minor in these circumstance so not as cynical about what likely to go on in England. Too much tradition and pride in the sport for them to cave on anything really important.

What sort of early summer english pitch could they really make that gives india a clear edge over us anyway? neither side is great in normal english conditions with india probably being bit better side last decade, both sides have quality quicks and batsmen that can struggle vs swing so any deck they produce either flatter or green tinged wont give either side a big edge.

An that's why test cricket continues to die. 5 days of completely wasting people's time. Inflated test records, reputations handed out completely undeserved ( green can bat in India ). That ground should get a suspension. From the first 5 overs of that game the result was determined. The Indian cricket board is full of cowards for that.

What would stop teams from shutting up shop and either bowl or bat extremely defensively to secure a draw? Add in rain and you'd have more draws than ******* soccer.
That's a closed minded way to look at it. Exact same thing you could say about 5 days.
4 days means teams bat more aggressively, declare more often and curators have to add more spice to get results. If a series ends in 4 draws it'll change the way pitches are made. An extra boring as **** day doesn't make cricket better to watch in the slightest.

Thank god that test is over. Neutral venue for the test championship, I wonder how much pressure the BCCI will put on the MCC to have one of their curators be involved. Seriously I wouldn’t put it past them. They’ll bitch and moan and threaten not coming until they get something their way. It might be the type of ball, playing conditions, pitch preparation, it’ll be something. Just like they did when they toured here and refused to play the first test at the Gabba so we changed or when it was a d/n test and they complained about not having played in those conditions before and we caved. Also when drs first came in they were the only country to not use it until they were forced to. They have a long history of this, let’s just wait and see what they want and how much people will cave in.
100%. Playing India these days has nothing of the prestige then in 2000-2005.
Avoid the team, the cricket board the pitches. It's an empty feeling playing that team these days
Just know they ll try to curate it to be 'drier' 'dusty' to accomodate Ashwin, Jadeja

Nah nothing against the players what so ever, they can’t control it.
Um.. No.
You'd be surprised how much say Kohli, for example has. Also Rohit Sharma had a big say in pitches and preparation.
So.. yeah. **** the players too

What sort of early summer english pitch could they really make that gives india a clear edge over us anyway? neither side is great in normal english conditions with india probably being bit better side last decade, both sides have quality quicks and batsmen that can struggle vs swing so any deck they produce either flatter or green tinged wont give either side a big edge.
Exactly, which is why i would love the final to always been in England. Just less chance of dodgy shit happening.

Back