Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 4th Test 9-13 March, 1430hrs at Ahmedabad

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Green, best up and coming player in years but I don't see how you can come to that conclusion, he missed the first 2 Tests scored 21 in the 3rd and all credit to him cashed in on the road but still not one bit proven in India.

Was also very good in Pakistan too. Also gives the bowlers something different as he's taller. Heck least he may have not tried to sweep a ball!

So plenty of what ifs. What if Maxwell had been fit would he have played instead of Pete or Renshaw. He almost certainly would have opened when Warner went home. I was going to mention his bowling but since Head and Marnus basically didn’t bowl the whole series I wonder if Maxi would’ve? Anyway move on footy starts Friday.

Finally found some data re: India's decision to prepare spinning minefields. This is something that is obviously a conscious decision since they lost a test to England 3 years ago.

Look what it's done to their batters' averages:

For me the best looking batter for us in the series and who looked the most comfortable was greenie

yes before you say I am a big green lover...I know....but greenie looked good out there compared to the others who had to graft for there runs

I’m a big fan of Green, but that’s a stretch. He played well on a road, but he would have struggled just as much as anyone on the first two awful pitches.

I’m a big fan of Green, but that’s a stretch. He played well on a road, but he would have struggled just as much as anyone on the first two awful pitches.
Not really I thought he looked very good in both of his innings when he played last test his 20 odd was very good

and not everyone scored as quick on the road...ussie batted time smith was snail pace..kohli batted time..patel took on a tiring attack

apart from greenie and gill they both played positively and looked good IMO

I was looking forward to this series but I'm glad it's over. We had 3 tests finish inside 3 days and this test that would have had to be 7 days long to get a sniff of a result. I didn't enjoy this series. Let's hope the WTC Final and the Ashes are an improvement on what we saw in India.

Last edited:
Series could've been so much better, first 3 tests the pitches were just too wild, made it almost a lottery, India faired better but with out lack of prep, we were always going to struggle early into the series, the 3rd test showed that as we looked much better. The pitch for this last test was a disgrace though, what a poor representation of a format which really needs everything going for it to remain, although as it stands, only a few nations will play in a the long term future anyway.
Test cricket isn't in any danger they rake enough cash from other formats, people say this crap all the time then there's a good series & everyone jizzes again.

I was looking forward to this series but I'm glad it's over. We had 3 tests finish inside 3 days and this test that would have had to be 7 days long to get a sniff of a result. I didn't enjoy this series. Let's hope the WTC Final and the Ashes are an improvement on what we saw in India.
Ashes are always more watchable

Test cricket isn't in any danger they rake enough cash from other formats, people say this crap all the time then there's a good series & everyone jizzes again.
I haven’t got the patience to sit down and watch big bash games but I’ll happily sit through a 5 day test with the occasional channel flick. It’s a funny beast

Steve Smith meanwhile identified his side's ninety minutes of madness in Delhi, where their collapse of 8-28 saw them slump from a position of strength to squandering the Border Gavaskar Trophy in the space of a session.

If only.
Bowlers deserved a clip in that game too. Had India 7-139 chasing 263 and then they get slogged around by the No.8 and 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back