Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 4th Test 9-13 March, 1430hrs at Ahmedabad

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why everyone's on Kohli's back about this. Border went the same length of time without a century and I cannot recall it being a big deal at the time.

Borders average those 3 calender years without a century were 68, 47 & 37, he scored 17 half centuries in that time.

Kohli's average the last few calender years has been 19, 28, 26 and 36 this year. 7 half centuries. Its well below what Border did.

I must say that I’ve been disappointed with Smith tactically this game.

I certainly would‘ve had Starc bowling over the wicket a lot more to give Lyon and Murphy at least something.
Mitch, if you’re gunna bowl around the wicket then gimme the ball back and get back to fine leg thanks. It’s a team game mate, and this is what I want for the team.

We might have been able to attack a whole lot more then.

Coulda, shoulda, blah blah.

Borders average those 3 calender years without a century were 68, 47 & 37, he scored 17 half centuries in that time.

Kohli's average the last few calender years has been 19, 28, 26 and 36 this year. 7 half centuries. Its well below what Border did.
Still can't see what the fuss is all about. Are people actually telling me Kohli isn't good enough to be in the Indian team?

Still can't see what the fuss is all about. Are people actually telling me Kohli isn't good enough to be in the Indian team?

I think its just recognition that he's gone from the best/2nd best test batsman in the world to barely being able to put an innings together over what is now a very long period.

I think the difference is that unlike most current teams (Australia, England etc.), India actually have potentially great batsmen waiting in the wings. It's not like when Ponting was past it and he wasn't really keeping anyone great out

Even if he scores a ton here, I think it's pretty clear he's past his prime and the side would be better off moving past him. Fair play if he gets to his ton though, he'll probably play on and finish up on his terms in 12 months or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 4th Test 9-13 March, 1430hrs at Ahmedabad

Back