Bottom four next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course Essendon are going to be bottom 4. Just like this year and the year before. Oh and the year before that.:rolleyes:

And people wern't too far off mark with any of those predictions;

2008 - 5th bottom
2007 - 5th bottom
2006 - 2nd bottom
2005 - 4th bottom

To put it into perspective Essendon this year finished 1 win ahead of what Bulldogs finished with in 2007 and they were in bottom 4 and Essendon made 8. Any team that is relying on "Fatty" Neagle and "Fragile Sticker" Gumby to take them further is not going to get too far. Essendon could finish anywhere from 6th to 14th and it wouldn't surprise.

Pretty similar to this year.

Next year i think will be remarkably similar ladder to this season, although with Hawthorn probably replacing someone in the 8. Most of the lower sides look like they need another year before they seriously challange, and most of the sides in the 8 dont look like they are on the downward spiral just yet, even geelong who will probably start to fall a bit next season arent close yet to dropping down.

Melbourne.
Sydney.
North Melbourne.
Richmond.
Port Adelaide
Fremantle

any of those. any order.

Assuming a level playing field in regards to injuries, which obviously won't happen but you can't guess who'll be the worst off, then the bottom 6 would be out of:

Melbourne
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Fremantle
Richmond

My bottom 4
13. Sydney - SOOO many retirements and so little youngsters coming through (relative to retiring stars)
14. Melbourne - Will be on the up ... but not as quickly as Demons fans think.
15. Fremantle - A fair bit of potential coming through with younger players but they'll remain an awful team when on the road.
16. Richmond - Really don't see that many positives going forward for this club. With the GC17 hogging the top draft picks from next season, it will be a long long time before they crack the 8 again

Bris, WCE, Ess and Carl will be fighting for positions 7th-10th

Of course Essendon are going to be bottom 4. Just like this year and the year before. Oh and the year before that.:rolleyes:
Well you did finish in the bottom 5 4 years in a row (12th, 12th, 15th, 13th), so it's not exactly unreasonable to predict Essendon to be down the bottom again... :)

Assuming a level playing field in regards to injuries, which obviously won't happen but you can't guess who'll be the worst off, then the bottom 6 would be out of:

Melbourne
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Fremantle
Richmond

My bottom 4
13. Sydney - SOOO many retirements and so little youngsters coming through (relative to retiring stars)
14. Melbourne - Will be on the up ... but not as quickly as Demons fans think.
15. Fremantle - A fair bit of potential coming through with younger players but they'll remain an awful team when on the road.
16. Richmond - Really don't see that many positives going forward for this club. With the GC17 hogging the top draft picks from next season, it will be a long long time before they crack the 8 again

Bris, WCE, Ess and Carl will be fighting for positions 7th-10th

I see us going a little higher than 14th, perhaps a 12th/13th but I completely agree with the description. Most of our supporters seem to think that we are going to rocket up the ladder next season, some even are talking finals but the reality is that will be between 12th-14th but playing a hell of a lot better brand of football.

We are going up, but it's a timely process and if any Melbourne supporter suggest finals go put your head through a wall but if a Melbourne supporter suggests we'll make finals if we have a "good injury run" then please go play in traffic.

Port Adelaide, North Melbourne, Fremantle, Richmond

13th Richmond
14th Pt Adelaide
15th Nth Melbourne
16th Fremantle

But I can be pretty certain that it won't be these four teams, there is always a surprise. There will likely be a team from this years top eight. (Melbourne to finish 11th or 12th)

16. melbourne
15. freo
14. richmond
13. north

shouldnt change too much in my opinion, west coast will improve yet again, port and sydney arent bad enough to make bottom 4, hawks will be back in the top 8, essendon will drop but not enough to finish bottom four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For us I think it will depend on injuries, I don't think we will be close to bottom 4 unless we have another year like this year with injuries.

You have no idea. No one does.

Well AG, I'll also be very surprised if we were to finish bottom 4 next year with a less injury-prone squad.

Expecting us to be around 9th/10th, although I wouldn't rule out 8th with some luck going our way.

Some serious rubes revealing themselves with a bunch of the 'predictions' I'm seeing here... :cool:

Based on what? No yoof? We've been dealing with the bulk of this year's retirements for over half the season. A down season I don't doubt, but bottom four? Nah.
Yeaahh. Bottom 4. Lack of quality youngsters couple with the natural decline in form for your nursing home veterans will ensure a low finish.

What do you mean "based on what"? You've lost several key players including your best two forwards in MOL and Hall. You think White can do a Fevola and carry your forward line?

You finished 12th, one above the bottom 4, and next year you'll probably finish below North and while Port are on the way down, you are too.

For us I think it will depend on injuries, I don't think we will be close to bottom 4 unless we have another year like this year with injuries.

Yeah... that's been a determining factor for both our sides this year mate, although somewhat more severe for us.

Based on what? No yoof? We've been dealing with the bulk of this year's retirements for over half the season. A down season I don't doubt, but bottom four? Nah.

Essendon supporters especially are obsessed with youth, it's almost a little disturbing. You only have to look at my 'Look, Sydney will be okay' thread to see them flock in numbers to make their predictions of our demise. (Also, most people clearly missed the sarcasm of that thread)

They have a record of coming to the Sydney Board a lot and telling us how average our kids are and how quickly we're ageing. I'm not sure where all the concern comes from, but I suppose we should be grateful that they care?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom four next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back