Bottom four next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that these are trolls of course, noooo, not at all, SERIOUS posts, these are... :p

Time to get out the fly swatter again!

jlvn31l.jpg

LOL at this woefully inept and wrongheaded appraisal (*cough* troll *cough*), based on utter darkness and ignorance. The bit about our ruck stocks was particularly amusing... Jamar comprehensively won the ruck duel against your mob last time out, and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't do exactly the same next time!

No doubt you've barely seen my team play - hence the terribly well-informed comments I see from you about us, but I'd at least have thought you'd have watched games involving your OWN side... :rolleyes:

Wona - will you stop spamming these forums everytime someone makes a comment about the Dees. People think Melbourne will be bottom four - I think Melbourne will be bottom four. Why wouldn't they. It takes more than just getting a bunch of kids together to make a competitive team.

FFS. Not everything is a troll.

Everyone should just quote Jafa's post as a response to each of your posts. :thumbsu:

Back on topic, i think North, Richmond, Melbourne and Freo will make up the bottom 4. These teams might have some talented kids and will most likely improve on 09's performance but still find themselves at the tail end of the ladder.

Port is in danger especially if they lose both Burgoyne and Pearce. This on top of losing the other Burgoyne (who granted had a shit year) and Lade. I can't see Sydney sliding into the bottom 4, they still have alot of quality across the field.

Everyone should just quote Jafa's post as a response to each of your posts. :thumbsu:

Ah yes, I wondered when this move would come into play... it hasn't been fully patented and trademarked yet though :cool:

And people wern't too far off mark with any of those predictions;

2008 - 5th bottom
2007 - 5th bottom
2006 - 2nd bottom
2005 - 4th bottom

To put it into perspective Essendon this year finished 1 win ahead of what Bulldogs finished with in 2007 and they were in bottom 4 and Essendon made 8. Any team that is relying on "Fatty" Neagle and "Fragile Sticker" Gumby to take them further is not going to get too far. Essendon could finish anywhere from 6th to 14th and it wouldn't surprise.

Players that were missing, played less than half the season or were coming back from serious injuries that will be in the running for selection:

David Hille
Mark McVeigh
Brent Prismall
Andrew Welsh
Scott Gumbleton
Jay Neagle
Kyle Reimers
Michael Hurley
David Zaharakis
Alwyn Davey
Jason Winderlich
Bachar Houli
David Myers
Jarrod Atkinson
Courtney Dempsey
Darcy Daniher

I'll take a stab and suggest we'll move forwards and not backwards! :rolleyes:

So you seriously reckon we'll be last then... :cool:

And since at least a few of those making the silly 'predictions' about us around BF are the same ones who've been trolling us all year, sometimes, in the case of LD, with an obsession that has been mindboggling, I dunno why I shouldn't point it out.

I don't - I think you will be second last. Fremantle will be last.

You've lost several key players including your best two forwards in O'Laughlin and Hall and you finished 12th in '09.

Essendon supporters especially are obsessed with youth, it's almost a little disturbing. You only have to look at my 'Look, Sydney will be okay' thread to see them flock in numbers to make their predictions of our demise. (Also, most people clearly missed the sarcasm of that thread)

They have a record of coming to the Sydney Board a lot and telling us how average our kids are and how quickly we're ageing. I'm not sure where all the concern comes from, but I suppose we should be grateful that they care?

Godzke's post made perfect sense but I put it into even more plain English.

You had a very good run with injuries in '09 only using 33 players (only behind St. Kilda (30), Western Bulldogs (31) and equal with Geelong) with a total of 9 players playing all 22 games.

There's a very compelling argument that Sydney are in trouble.

On what basis are people tipping Essendon for the bottom four? :eek:

And don't give me that "one team from the top 8 always falls to the bottom 4" rubbish, how about a little more analysis :rolleyes:

8-Sydney-Good influx of new talent to mix with good experience
9-West Coast-Good improvement
10-Carlton-Second year blues
11-Richmond-Will benefit from cleanout, new coach, more weights/fitness
12-Melbourne-Good improvement
13-Fremantle-Slight improvers
14-Essendon-Should drop a bit
15-North Melbourne-We comfortably outplayed them twice this year
16-Port Adelaide-Losing players. Williams really shouldn't be signing

Melbourne will not be bottom four if a combination of these factors occur:

The midfield improves by a combination of recruiting and development of players like Jones and Grimes and a fit Mclean. Some good finishers come through from Strauss, Bennell and Blease and/or our 1 or 2 pick has a Rich like season.

Jamar stays on the park (and on the list) and continues his good form.

Bate, Wonna, Jurrah stay fit. Davey plays in the forward line due to increased depth in the midfield.

If most or all of these occur I can see us knocking on the door of the eight. For Melbourne supporters these are not beyond the realms of possibility and that is why there is increased optimism.

FWIW I tipped us to finish 16th this year and last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13. North Melbourne - No genuine goal kickers, and really lack class through the midfield
14. Richmond - Just lack class all over the ground, and their skills are terrible.
15. Port Adelaide - To many problems off the field. Losing their best player won't help either
16. Melbourne - Not enough changes to their list to see them venture off the bottom of the ladder

13 - Sydney
14 - North Melbourne
15 - Fremantle
16 - Port Adelaide

Three things the power will be again in 2010:
Choose-your-own-headline.jpg

No one really going on a limb at all really. People pretty much writing the same four as this year & we all know that's not how it works. So:

12 - Hawthorn
13 - Brisbane
14 - Port
15 - Carlton
16 - North Melbourne

With injuries a factor in selections 12 & 15.

Pretty difficult to predict the bottom 4 for next year before this current season has even finished. Alot has to happen - trade week, draft and the psd. Then there's the pre-season, all it takes for alot of clubs is a couple of injuries to key players and the seasons derailed before it's even started.

Presuming all is equal it's hard to go past this years current bottom 4

Melbourne - It's difficult to assess Melbourne's seasons: heaps of injuries, playing out of position, youngsters given game time, big tanking question mark. Clearly the club was rebuilding and developing for the future but last is as bad as it can get and I'm not as sensitive as another Melbourne supporter in this thread, on face value another bottom 4 beckons.
My reasoning is the Bailey is gong to continue to get game time into the kids, expect Watts, Blease, Strauss, Bennell, Wonna, Grimes, Morton etc to play a heap of footy. Coupled this with a dysfunctional forward line and a developing midfield and a bottom 4 prediciton is fair enough.
However, I'll go back to my first sentence, Melbourne is going to be the most difficult to predict for next year.

Richmond - Wow, just wow. The last team to implode like the tigers did was the hawks when my old school footy coach, Schwabby, was in charge. This year they'll have a massive cleanout with a new coach coming in, sadly for the tigers my early prediction is another bottom two finish.

Fremantle - I honestly don't know too much abut them as the only time I saw them was against Melbourne this year, they were probably at their worst so I won't tee off on them because of that game.

North - Disappointing season and my guess is another poor season on the way, although I think they might get out of the bootom 4, but definitely won't make the finals.

Other teams with a chance are Port and Sydney, although Sydney have probably still got a bit too much talent. Perhaps one more year off for them.

My tip

13th Melbourne (Hey, I know I'm biased but at least I admit it)
14th Port Adelaide
15th Fremantle
16th Richmond

Port to be the big slider, Hawks to get their act together and also one of either Brisbane or Essendon to miss out on the finals.

13. North Melbourne - No genuine goal kickers, and really lack class through the midfield
14. Richmond - Just lack class all over the ground, and their skills are terrible.
15. Port Adelaide - To many problems off the field. Losing their best player won't help either
16. Melbourne - Not enough changes to their list to see them venture off the bottom of the ladder

I don't mind you picking Melbourne last, it's your opinion and you're entilted to it...however your reasoning is absurd. In fact it's so far off the mark it's hilarious and it begs the question as whether you put any thought into it at all.
Bailey has pretty much turned over the majority of the list over the last couple of seasons. Not enough changes? What have you been smoking? :confused:

I don't mind you picking Melbourne last, it's your opinion and you're entilted to it...however your reasoning is absurd. In fact it's so far off the mark it's hilarious and it begs the question as whether you put any thought into it at all.
Bailey has pretty much turned over the majority of the list over the last couple of seasons. Not enough changes? What have you been smoking? :confused:

I was almost going to post the exact same thing, put us 16th because you think we are young or no good.... but please our list is massively different.

My bottom four for next year.

13. Melbourne - Similar to West Coast and Freo, just a year or two behind. Will show flashes of brilliance one quarter and be thrashed in the next, but building towards a dominant side for the future.
14. North Melboune - Scott will come in and get the best out of the younger kids, but can see them slipping before they rise again in 2011.
15. Port Adelaide - The new Fremantle. They have half a list which doesn't want to play under Williams and the other half which won't play under anyone else. A serious problem which will destroy them next year IMO.
16. Richmond - If Hardwick is smart he'll start a massive clean out of their deadwood, of which they unfortunately have a lot.

15-North Melbourne-We comfortably outplayed them twice this year

Comfortably out played us once and should have lost the second time.
Dont see richmond being much better than north

13. Richmond
14. North
15. Melbourne
16. Freo

I don't mind you picking Melbourne last, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it...however your reasoning is absurd. In fact it's so far off the mark it's hilarious and it begs the question as whether you put any thought into it at all.

Exactly... this is the kind of thing I'm referring to when I talk about some of the determined militant stupidity that seems to flourish in the postings of certain opposition supporters about our club...

I actually think a lot of people are underselling North Melbourne in this thread.

I could see them being the "Brisbane" of 2009 (in terms in surprising people), if they get a good run with injuries (which they didn't this season).

If they can get a full season out of the likes of Wells, Ziebell, Ben Warren (who looked a good forward prospect in the 1st half of the season), and let Petrie settle as a FF (his best spot IMO), it wouldn't surprise me if they snuck into the top 8.

I think their list has more depth to it than say Richmond's for example (although I'm leaving myself open to attack by that statement).

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom four next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back