News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Because your past injury history doesn’t just magically disappear, especially anything soft tissue related. His soft tissue injuries will follow him for his entire career, once your body has even one hammy it is way more susceptible to another. He did a hammy just this year if you’re looking for recent history.

Hamstrings were rife this year.

22 games last year.

0 games year before due to our incompetence.

18/16 games the 2 years before that.

They aren’t overstated, it’s not that common to be a best 22 player with 95 games in 8 seasons. Given his soft tissue injury history, he is significantly more likely to keep getting these issues and if he ever plays a full season for the Saints I’ll buy you a slab of any beer you want mate. It would have been irresponsible list management to sign someone like Brad to a 5 year deal and I’ve got no doubt as supporters we would be criticising the decision in less than 2 years time.
Do you think if we matched Saints would have walked away? When are you going to develop some football nous FFS?

Why are we simply relying on the Draft as the only rebuild mechanism ????? .......ESS go get 3rd year player Jye Caldwell

Have we got blinkers on .....do we have anyone capable of some lateral thinking, creative thinking
Exactly, we keep saying we want to go to the draft. Why aren't we now throwing the cheque book at Jordan Clark, Dylan Stephens or Jarrod Brander. We have $600k to spare FFS.

If nothing else, increase cap pressure on other teams

Was this club a laughing stock before Fagan arrived?

Or am I just imagining we've gotten shitter and shitter the longer he and Chapman have been around?

I reckon the whole shit show has been under Chapman’s watch. And Fagan should be sacked as he has been a disaster

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly, we keep saying we want to go to the draft. Why aren't we now throwing the cheque book at Jordan Clark, Dylan Stephens or Jarrod Brander. We have $600k to spare FFS.

Why the **** didn't we have a crack at any Free Agents ourselves?!

Good choices too ;)

I don't care. I want to see a head, on a stake. This $hit is a disgrace.

I have a rule I don't drink from Monday to Thursday. I only consume alcohol on Friday-Sunday.

Tonight is "wine and cheese night".

I actually wish I didn't care. If the Crows were a marriage I would have divorced them years ago. I am really questioning why I haven't severed this before now. You just hope for change, for things to come good. And every now and then there is the hope, just before the dagger in the heart.

The reality is the club is a rabble. Stone motherless last. And digging.

I feel exactly the same and have also decided to have wine tonight too because I’m so aggravated and trying to let it go...I also cancelled my membership of eight years. It’s not just AFC. I’m so sick of the constant Victoria bias and favoritism I want a break from AFL all together and just not watch or have any concern for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So when do they announce our priority pick?
I think that our master plan is to become the worst club in AFL history. From there we will accumulate priority picks because we will be the biggest basket case in the league.
If this is our strategy, everything starts making sense.

We just saved $600K a year on Crouch ......go to the market & use it

Imagine the Crows supporters reaction if Crouch was out, and Caldwell in ......the negative feelings suddenly turn to positive feelings towards the club

It should have been one of the contingencies planned for in the Crouch scenario
There's no contingency when you don't consider the outcomes

He’s not our best mid
Agree he isn't our best mid. I rewatched our winning games late in the season twice. I was surprised how quickly Schoenberg is coming on. He will be a better mid than brad within 2 years and possibly within 18 months. Our best mid currently is Laird followed by MCrouch. Schoenberg is coming with a bullet. Keays is serviceable and Jones from the matches I watched can be a a very good goal scoring forward once he learns to finish off his work and gains confidence and composure. Can Jones pinch hit in the midfield? Possibly but he will be a better forward with his speed imo. We will likely gain a topline mid this off season. Maybe Phillips who would be my preference if we get pick 5. He will also be a better mid than brad within 2 years easily. Target Horne or another top mid next year and then you start trading in an experienced gun midfielder. Things aren't all bad but the club shit the bed in what we received for brad.

Last edited:
Why are we simply relying on the Draft as the only rebuild mechanism ????? .......ESS go get 3rd year player Jye Caldwell

Have we got blinkers on .....do we have anyone capable of some lateral thinking, creative thinking

Did you hear Jackson Hateley is coming to the club? We did actually target a 3rd year player
Given the Crouch loss now though I would throw a big offer to Parfitt - albeit unlikely to sway him

Will only be if we decide to not nominate him, which I think is looking less likely now that he is barely scraping as a 2nd round selection
I would have thought worked the other way re his attractiveness to us given the 20% discount we get if we nominate him.

Did you not watch the recent SANFL All Stars game where he gathered 28 disposals and found a target with almost every one of them and clearly high up in the best players for his team with his kicking and outstanding decision making and composure shining out.

So Kelly admitted we didn't know what the contract was until it was lodged by St. Kilda? That's gross negligence. He, and Reid, should be instantly dismissed.

To boot, St. Kilda obviously changed the contract from it's initial form as they didn't lodge it until Saturday. We let them fu** us instead of getting maximum value from this situation, whish is why it's so galling to listen to Kelly tell us this was the best outcome - we can all see it's the worst and laziest result.

To mention it again (before any of the idiots who argued with me and Scorpus for the last few weeks that this wouldn't happen ask what we should have done better), Dodoro negotiated with Brisbane for weeks to ensure they got Band 1 and Brisbane didn't need to worry about Essendon matching to force a trade.

Ergo, Adrian Dodoro did better than our entire list management team.

Adrian. Dodoro.
The potential upside in Daniher is much more than anything Brad can do. Brisbane are also right in the window, JD might just be the piece they need, Brad is just a toiler.

It has nothing to do with Dodo being great and our guys being lemons. The big mistake was not cashing in last year when we had the chance to land what is now pick 5 for Brad.

Thank you for Norf being in the comp next year we won't win another Spoon!

Time to move on, we got out smarted and out played by the Saints. What the crows need to do now is make every deal a winner from here.

We need to work on getting western bulldogs first and try and get gold coasts first. Throw in Hately, Newchurch, Borlaise and hopefully Edwards

Did you hear Jackson Hateley is coming to the club? We did actually target a 3rd year player
Given the Crouch loss now though I would throw a big offer to Parfitt - albeit unlikely to sway him

The Cats currently own Picks 11, 13, 18 and 25 and will likely have to ration these picks if they want to bring Kangaroos veteran Shaun Higgins — and potentially others — in during the trade period.

Both Geelong and Parfitt would bristle at the mere mention of him leaving as the ink dries on a new two-season contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back