News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, and if we had concerns about his injury history, then it was already accounted for in the contract. If he triggered year 5, then injuries weren't an issue.
100%. And yet listening to the commentary it sounded like Brouch contract to us if we matched would be different . I thought a contract lodged at FA was binding.

Just cancelled the ol membership, had enough. No guarantee of seeing games next year coupled with the continued and unwavering ineptitude of the AFC tipped me over the edge. From the Trigg/Tippet saga to the triumphant return of Reid Mk II and now sleepy John Olsen controlling the future of the boys club. The stain Rob ‘liniment sniffer’ Chapman has left here really is unparalleled. He is like one of those terds that requires a whole roll to clear, and we’re trying to use housing trust issue crepe paper to do it.

Nope... Sleep didn't help

Still mad.

you should be.

what we did would’ve been more digestible if we did it Monday morning. Still disgraceful but what really went Over the top was waiting until 5 minutes to hoping our fairy godmother would magic up a solution

That’s beyond incompetence, it’s work experience kid with blunt crayon level stupid

and let me be clear, it was just dumb as almighty F**K

no wonder Fagan can’t get a job anywhere else, and we have to massively over promote from within and outside

He had a needle in his groin before every game in 2017. If he'd had surgery earlier, when if flared up in the 2018 preseason, he would've been available for at least the second half of 2018.

Since his surgery he has been playing without needles and his only injury was his 4 week hamstring this year

I went back and checked his entire career. He missed both seasons 15 and 18. 15 with his foot. prior to that he broke his leg. Hammies in his 1st seasons through to his last. He is not durable.

Coat it all you want, it's a fact. This year missed games to a hammy yet again. Hell of a talent...BUT.

Is he wrong in this instance though?

Fair call IMO.

The whole sad sorry shitshow is all down to our amateur handling of the whole shebang..
And to rub salt into the wound a Saints supporter just rang in to Trade Radio to praise their professional list management team. Judging by how they handled the BC trade he is spot on.

I went back and checked his entire career. He missed both seasons 15 and 18. 15 with his foot. prior to that he broke his leg. Hammies in his 1st seasons through to his last. He is not durable.

Coat it all you want, it's a fact. This year missed games to a hammy yet again. Hell of a talent...BUT.

Broken leg during a match is bad luck.

Groin issues were mismanagement.

B&F year he played every game.

Take the groin issues out of it and he averages 17.5 games a year over the last 5 - including this year, with hamstring issues being more common, and us likely wrapping him on cotton wool... to maximize his trade value :D

Take the groin issues out of it and he averages 17.5 games a year - including this year, with hamstring issues being more common, and us likely wrapping him on cotton wool... to maximize his trade value :D

Did you miss the 2nd season he lost due to his foot in 5015. Think about it. 95 games in 8 years is piss poor.

FTR I would have matched and tossed him in the draft if couldn't do a trade.

I wonder what happened in NOOSA trip to come back and say he definitely wanted out. Prior to the trip he "loved the club and Adelaide", sounds like he got together with some of the other players there. They filled his head with the wonders of playing in Covidville.

It's not just the 6 pick upgrade we missed by folding

We're in a competition. St Kilda is a competitor. We could have made them give something up but didn't. They still have their first rounder to make their club better.

At least Geelong had to pay something for Dangerfield. It played a small role in keeping them old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the groin issues out of it and he averages 17.5 games a year over the last 5 - including this year, with hamstring issues being more common, and us likely wrapping him on cotton wool... to maximize his trade value :D
Yes, if you just take all his injuries he’s actually played every game since his debut! So durable!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back