News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does that matter? We don’t have access to any of those selections anyway. Compo picks are the only things which can push your pick out.
It matters because the draft pool that we have access to is weakened. 23 is not worth (prior to hindsight of knowing how the draft turned out) what 23 would be if the pool wasn't compromised

Another way of looking at it is we're still likely getting >23 in the entire national draft, which means statistically a less likely chance of getting a decent player going by previous drafts.

Disagree big time with the fact he reckons Brad was worth a late 1st round pick.....Not in this compromised draft numbnuts, compromised by NGA's/Academy lads likely to go in the 1st round and no available 2020 form line on the Victorian lads where a goodly percentage of the best players come from.

Not only did we lose our best player for sweet FA; they turned us into a laughing stock in the process

Bring back Trigg
Bring back Burton

this was ******* humiliating

what an utter joke we are
We’ve essentially lost Dangerfield and crouch

in return recieved pick 9, 23,28 and Dean Gore

quality management

So I just looked up the list of players that have been traded for between pick 20 and 30, or received that value in a FA compensation scenario, in the last 5 years

Ed Landgon
Sam Frost
Luke Dahlhaus (FA)
Brandon Ellis (although a later FA pick due to Richmond's ladder position)
Adam Saad (GC to Essendon)
Matt Kennedy
Josh Schache
Brad Hill (Hawthorn to Fremantle, exactly pick 23)
Jack Steele
Josh Caddy
Will Hoskin-Elliot
Jake Melksham
Tom Bell
Troy Menzel
Scott Selwood (FA)
Ty Vickery (FA)
Chris Mayne (FA)
Daniel Wells (FA)

It's nice to know Brad Crouch is valued in the same echelon as Ed Langdon, Troy Menzel, Matt Kennedy and Jake Melksham

Was thinking overnight that brad (if he continues to play the number of average games per year as he has done over his period witb us) would be earning very close to what dusty gets per game. I know that is nowhere near a dusty. If i were another club I would not be chaing him based on this. Maybe we put felers out and this determined the club decision

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too share the disappointment over the outcome and unfortunately we have again let one of our best players go for unders, despite what the club says fair value for Brad is more likely around pick 10 I would have thought, however, this is not the end of things that could happen here, there are other ramifications of this debacle.

As I understand it Brad made it abundantly clear that even if we had matched he was never playing for Adelaide again and wanted out, this of course is a betrayal of all of his previous assertations about how much he loved being at Adelaide and owed the club for it's patience during his many injuries and recovery sessions. Brad also has a brother who is in our leadership group (Matt) and is still contracted to the club, what on earth was he thinking when he became so selfish as to put Matt in such an untenable position as well? Will we now have to trade Matt before he is compromised and unable to be an effective club leader and play at his best?

Disagree big time with the fact he reckons Brad was worth a late 1st round pick.....Not in this compromised draft numbnuts, compromised by NGA's/Academy lads likely to go in the 1st round and no available 2020 form line on the Victorian lads where a goodly percentage of the best players come from.
Kelly - "OK Brad we've matched the deal. Now just before you sign, Nickesy wants to have a quick word."

Nicks - "Hi Brad, I hope your holiday was relaxing. Now we just wanted to let you know, we are heading down a different path, we think you can be an exceptions back pocket for us, really offering drive out of defence and locking down on small forwards. Of course that means you will be fighting Browny for that position, and he's out #1 at the moment, so you'll start the season in the SANFL."

Crouch - "Huh?"

Kelly - "Here's the pen Brad, just sign here."

Crouch - " But....let me call my manager, I think the Saints offer is better"

Kelly - "Yeah, but they don't want to trade for you"

Crouch - "Oh, well I'm sure someone else would do want me...wouldn't they?"

Kelly - "OK, how about we put you up for trade to another team, and we can contribute to the salary so that we get a good pick and you still get paid."

Crouch - "OK, sounds like a great plan. You boys are really clever."

I too share the disappointment over the outcome and unfortunately we have again let one of our best players go for unders, despite what the club says fair value for Brad is more likely around pick 10 I would have thought, however, this is not the end of things that could happen here, there are other ramifications of this debacle.

As I understand it Brad made it abundantly clear that even if we had matched he was never playing for Adelaide again and wanted out, this of course is a betrayal of all of his previous assertations about how much he loved being at Adelaide and owed the club for it's patience during his many injuries and recovery sessions. Brad also has a brother who is in our leadership group (Matt) and is still contracted to the club, what on earth was he thinking when he became so selfish as to put Matt in such an untenable position as well? Will we now have to trade Matt before he is compromised and unable to be an effective club leader and play at his best?
Rubbish, the best offer we put on the table was 3 years, he wanted 5, Saints compromised and gave him 4 with triggers for a 5th.

Poor woman on the desk clearly been giving a script to say about waiting to see the trade period as a whole before making judgement

but to be honest this membership cancellation is 50/50 a protest against the Crows & the AFL as a whole
That old chestnut.

So I just looked up the list of players that have been traded for between pick 20 and 30, or received that value in a FA compensation scenario, in the last 5 years

Ed Landgon
Sam Frost
Luke Dahlhaus (FA)
Brandon Ellis (although a later FA pick due to Richmond's ladder position)
Adam Saad (GC to Essendon)
Matt Kennedy
Josh Schache
Brad Hill (Hawthorn to Fremantle, exactly pick 23)
Jack Steele
Josh Caddy
Will Hoskin-Elliot
Jake Melksham
Tom Bell
Troy Menzel
Scott Selwood (FA)
Ty Vickery (FA)
Chris Mayne (FA)
Daniel Wells (FA)

It's nice to know Brad Crouch is valued in the same echelon as Ed Langdon, Troy Menzel, Matt Kennedy and Jake Melksham

We paid more for Tambling lol.

Not only did we lose our best player for sweet FA; they turned us into a laughing stock in the process

Bring back Trigg
Bring back Burton

this was ******* humiliating

what an utter joke we are

Giving St Kilda too much credit here. We were already quite the laughing stock all on our own.

Because we're very, very stupid

Also whatever dire scenario befalls us we always make out that that was the plan all along and/or there's nothing else we could have done
It’s funny how we seem to be the only club who get backed into a corner with not options in these scenarios

Remove this Banner Ad

News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back