News Bradshaw quits the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

is it possible carlton knew bradshaw was going to quit the lions and therefore the first deal didnt go through (rischetelli thing could jus be a cover-up)
If so, brilliant work by carlton

This will be a massive gain for us if we can land braddy, I think we have a major advantage that he has already been here and received a pretty good offer from us, it says that Syd may be a possible suitor, why would that be? They don't need any more old players on their list and they have a young star in Jessie White, and they weren't brave enough to take on Fev, who they could have afforded and would be a much better fit than Braddy

Surely the fact he has already rejected us once would mean we'd be out of the running though?
Fev and Bradshaw agreed tot he trade it was Risch that threw the spanner in the works and then i'm sure Bradshaw alone wasn't a good enough deal.Ratts wouldve had a great opportunity to get into Bradshaw's ear while he was face to face with him i wouldn't be suprised if the Blues pulled this off:thumbsu:

Front end loading a contract wont scare of Sdney, they have shitloads to pay out...

If Sydney decide they are after him, then make no doubt they will get him...

If what I heard earlier that we were intersted in Robbo, then we surely must be interested in Bradshaw and be doing everything we possibly could to lure him to Visy Park.

If the Stevens salary goes outside the cap, which I'm expecting it will we'd be more than able to give him more than other potential Victorian suitors could - and we could do this by not damaging the future contracts of Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy etc.

Pick 43 looks fine. Happy for this to happen. Make It happen :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Bradshaw 100% rejected Carlton's offer. This however does not mean he does not want to come to Carlton. He is using Carlton's offer as a starting point to find out his market price. After he's done shopping around, if Carlton is the best offer he will take it. Just looking for the best price.

Crawford was NOT on the veterans list dude....AND Burgoyne is not paid a bucket load......he wanted to come to Hawthorn because he knew Clarkson & a few others.....and remember Campbell, Dew & Boyle have retired and Williams, Kennedy & McGlynn have been traded.....Pelchen is our list manager & knows exactly what he's doing!!
Pelchen didn't do such a great job finding you a new ruckman??????:rolleyes:

Bradshaw 100% rejected Carlton's offer. This however does not mean he does not want to come to Carlton. He is using Carlton's offer as a starting point to find out his market price. After he's done shopping around, if Carlton is the best offer he will take it. Just looking for the best price.

I'm still not overly confident of getting him, but now with Fev and Stevens gone we could put an even better offer to him, we prob have more freedom in the cap than most clubs now seeing as they our 2 and 3rd highest paid players are no longer playing for us, I think we could give the best offer out of most sides but it's just a matter of whether he wants to come to us in particular

Big news.

If Bradshaw decides he wants to come to us, I don't think it would be too much of a problem to get him to our pick in the PSD. If the guy comes out publically and says that he's reached a deal with Carlton and only wants to play for them, you'd think the other clubs would come to the party. Firstly, who is going to draft a pissed off 31 year old who doesn't want to be playnig for you? He'd just quit on you next year. Secondly, I think the clubs are a bit worried about free agency at the moment and won't be doing anything to rock the boat.

The trick now is to convince him.

Sydney doesn't make much sense, for either parties.

Sydney isn't' you wouldn't of thought close to winning a flag for at least another 2 years. It's already got an emerging forward line and why would you want to hinder the progress of Jesse White for 2 years out of Bradshaw... They could throw Bradshaw a very attractive offer - but is it worth it?

And for Bradshaw himself - unless he's looking for the Sydney lifestyle, sigh, and of course the money, he wouldn't be anywhere closer to a flag.

Would be fantastic if we could get him down to the club through the PSD but I'm not sure how we'll be able to do it.

We could give him a 1 year contract worth say 600k, then re-sign him during the year for another 1 year contract worth 150k or so. That's 750k over 2 seasons. Not saying that those would be the figures, but we'd need something like that to outprice the other clubs if we want him.

He'd be a great addition to a forward line that is in need of finding avenues to goal now that Fevola is gone. He's shown he can kick 50+ goals consistently as a 2nd tall forward so not sure he'd kick as many goals per year as he has been recently (playing 2nd fiddle to J Brown) but he'd be good for around 50 goals at full forward for 2-3 seasons.

If he wants to come play for Carlton then we should welcome him with open arms as he is a fantastic footballer, even if he is approaching the end of what has been an excellent career.
If Fev's worth 750k a yr Bradshaw would command 500k+

We'll need more than that for a FF still at the top of his game. 133 goals in the last 2 years. Worth lots more.

I agree, take him with open arms as soon as we can...pick 43. After losing Fev don't take the chance on him being snapped up by someone else. It's is a weak draft after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rejected the offer,didn;t say he didn;t want to come to carlton, outside of the Fev trade this is a new deal, better deal probably, we should snare him :)

most exciting thread title i've read in a while, i would be absolutely stoked if we got him.

vs. brisbane round two:

Carlton: FF: Bradshaw CHF: Henderson

Brisbane: FF: Fevola CHF: Brown

who would have thought that a couple of weeks ago?!

We should use our first pick after 12 (43?) on him. Highly doubt we have a chance getting him in the PSD - Richmond and North would probably want him.

Do you reckon the Blues would use pick 12 to ensure they get him, perhaps based on a view that they have enough youngsters on the list to get the job done in the next few years and with a supposed shallow draft any of the kids they might want will be gone by then?

one thing to say if we pull this off "MASTERSTROKE"!!! the one thing we have over Sydney was that we got a chance to feel him out and even negotiate with him, and who knows whats been happening in the days after the trade week. I dont think bradshaw would be dumb enough to quit the club if there wasnt a better deal on the table waiting for him to sign, and carltons the only club thats had that chance. Gregg Swann is the ultimate war time General!!!

I think contract length is just as important to him sliding through as the dollars. Which rebuilding club would be able to justify picking up a guy on a 3 year contract?

Figure out the amount, front load it a bit. Eg: 500, 300, 100. He takes up a spot on the list for 3 years. Which of course he most likely would not do, he will retire after two. But those two things combined would scare off most clubs - dollars AND term on the list.

It is up to Bradshaw really, because he can have a 'contract' deal with any club for a longer term than the real 'handshake' deal. Which would almost assure him to get to the club of his choice.

Bradshaw most likely does not have a whole lot of football left in him. But is a very professional player who will squeeze the most out of himself and has always been in shape.

Carlton would have the best idea outside of Brisbane what sort of shape he is in after giving him a medical.

Is versatile and could pinch hit down back if required, but most likely you would not want him to at his age. Has shown a great ability to play in a structure where he sometimes is the target man and sometimes he is not. Does not seem to change his endeavour or demeanour. Can stand and wrestle in the pocket or go on the lead. Can't kick with the distance of Fev but is more reliable and is a sharp shooter around goal.

Seems like the sort of guy who can mentor others young forwards into how to fit in with others and understand spacing, matchups and game plans. Would help out on the field with his advice to others. Might speed up their development as well.

Worth a big dip at I would say.

Nope, i think they will try and bargain him out....

i personally think Sydney will come out the winner here...

If Bradshaw is happy to go to Sydney then they have more cap room than anybody else. Would Roos want him after making so many noises about "going down another path" with not wanting Fevola and trying to nurture White and co?

If I was them I would go for him if he wanted to move to NSW.

... I dont think bradshaw would be dumb enough to quit the club if there wasnt a better deal on the table waiting for him to sign, and carltons the only club thats had that chance. Gregg Swann is the ultimate war time General!!!

Yep. No doubt he has a baseline offer already because of what happened in TradeWeek. It's actually worked out very well for him in the end. Wherever he goes, he should get some decent money to play out the last few years of his career. He's a better option than Barry Hall. :)

I was one who said that id rather henderson and pick 12 over bradshaw and rischitelli, but to pick him up basically for free would be a great pick up for the club. It can sure up the doubt we have about our foward structure and ease the pressure on Henderson

Remove this Banner Ad

News Bradshaw quits the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back