Toast Brett Ratten - The Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ratts. Your contribution to this club has been amazing. Not many people in life get the chance to do what you have done, and you have done yourself, the CFC and us supporters proud today. Didn't blame anyone just copped it on the chin.

Even though I believe the right decision was made, the way the club handled your departure was absolutely disgraceful. And you showed the true class of person you are with how you handled yourself today. How you handled that press conference was the class of a real man. Very dignified.

I doubt we will see a person as passionate for this great club, coach us again soon. Might not even see it in my lifetime. It was a great feeling to know our coach bled blue and would have done almost anything for the club.

Congratulations on your achievements and all the best for the future. Hope you get the Port job and bring them back from the dark days like you did for us.

I wasn't going to go on Sunday, but knowing its your last game I'll be there. Might even just rock up at the end to cheer you off.

Got to admire the way he handled himself today, even left the media conference to ensure our team was as best prepared for this weeks game as possible under trying circumstances, just shows how much he respects and loves the club, gives his utmost all the time.:thumbsu:

Hopefully the players can learn something from the way he goes about it and give the same effort and commitment to the club instead of serving up the same insipid crap they did last week!!:cool:

Ratten is a competitive juggernaut, and by no means leaves the club disgraced. I have no doubt over time he will become one of the best coaches going around, and with his strength of will and character, I'd be thoroughly surprised if the opportunity for him to continue in coaching doesn't present. It wasn't to be this time around, and its sad that he wont be directly involved with us in the near future, but I really hope and expect in years to come as the administration we have now changes or are removed, he will be able to return to the club and coach us to a flag or three, there's not one person who deserves to lead our club to a premiership more, or I'd rather see lead us to one, than Brett Ratten. Cheers, big ears, and good luck. :thumbsu:

That was all class. Just watched the presser now and was a bit teary. Ratts, you can hold your head high mate.
I wish you all the best, you'll forever be a great Carlton man.

All class Ratts. :thumbsu:

The man took ownership of the loss, even when he could have easily come up with ten different excuses as to why we did lose to the Suns.

Going to miss him.

The man is a Carlton legend and his playing career speaks for itself. ..

As a first time Senior AFL coach he took a club in the depths of despair and turned it into a competive young team of footballers. .. Over four years he proved his detractors wrong, time and time again. .. The first sign of difficulty everyone but him cut and run. ..

I said it before, for me this is the darkest day in the last ten years. .. basically the darkest, since we learned that we were to be punished for salary cap breaches while still recovering from the club's first ever wooden spoon. .. At this time, I cannot call myself a Carlton supporter because I cannot support this decision. .. Its a sad day. ..

BTW The_Wookie someone should send that video of yours to the club or twitter/FB it to them at the very least. .. Great work. ..

Thanks Ratts. Your contribution to this club has been amazing. Not many people in life get the chance to do what you have done, and you have done yourself, the CFC and us supporters proud today. Didn't blame anyone just copped it on the chin.

Even though I believe the right decision was made, the way the club handled your departure was absolutely disgraceful. And you showed the true class of person you are with how you handled yourself today. How you handled that press conference was the class of a real man. Very dignified.

I doubt we will see a person as passionate for this great club, coach us again soon. Might not even see it in my lifetime. It was a great feeling to know our coach bled blue and would have done almost anything for the club.

Congratulations on your achievements and all the best for the future. Hope you get the Port job and bring them back from the dark days like you did for us.

I wasn't going to go on Sunday, but knowing its your last game I'll be there. Might even just rock up at the end to cheer you off.

Great post - couldn't put it better !! :thumbsu:

Just have to admire the guy's tenacity, resilience and dignified demeanor. There's a lesson to be had by many.

Thank you and good luck Ratts. You gave us hope when it was needed most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost for words. Carlton champion, legend and true gentleman. Sad day for the club. I will miss you Rats as will many others.

I didn't get to see the presser earlier today, he was al class just showed guts, worked it well, even managed a jibe at caro, I liked Stick homesty, he looked very emotional....gutted as well he might.

Well good luck champ thanks for your efforts, a true Carlton man, done us proud :thumbsu:

All class from the day he walked in the door as a player, right to the end. I'm proud that he's a Carlton man. Let's hope the players attack the ball half as good as Ratt's did.
Good luck for the future, hold your head up high.

Ratts, can't really put into words how thankful I am for what you have done for our great club.
You achieved so many great things in your 24 years at the club.
I love how passionate you are about the club. You bleed blue and it was great to watch you as both a player and a coach.

The way you handled yourself today in the press conference was full of class. You can hold your head up high.

Thanks Ratts for everything you've done. You will always be a great Carlton man.

All the best for your future Ratts, wherever it may be.

916722-ratten-039-s-coaching-career.jpg

Finally have a photo of the great man with the cup. :)

Don't recognise the hack on Silvagni's left.

Hack?? It's Peter ******* Dean!!!

Ratts was and still is a Carlton legend,
.Even though I dont think he was a great coach, he was at the very least a very good one.
I think he has done well with the team despite the number of injuries we had this yaer and despite the number of loses we had this year, he really hasnt missed the finals by that much.
God can only help Sticks if Malthouse doesnt come up with the goods, as he is going to look like an idiot and we will all revel in what may have been if we had stuck by Ratts for at least the final year.
Goodbye and good luck to Ratts, at least this weeks game goes from a non-event to a final hoorah for a Carlton legend.

Conflicted about the whole situation. There's no doubt Ratten had an incredibly tough year and I'm not sure how they come to the conclusion they did when injuries are taken into account.

Quite precious from the media blaming the club when they were effectively judge, jury and executioner in the whole matter.

As for Brett, a lot of respect for one of our on field greats and a man who's coached the club for 118 games. Whoever comes next has a great foundation to build off and hopefully propel us to number 17.

A tale of two coaches amid the tears and the fears of two footballing families
He told Kernahan, Swann and football boss Andrew McKay on Wednesday that he wanted to leave the Blues on as good a note as possible given that his 13-year-old son could be there in five years as a player.

No one, said the terminated coach, would be prouder of that achievement than Ratten.

:hearts:

Class act.

Can you imagine Ratten's successor coaching Brett's son at Carlton?

This, even though he has a new wife and young baby who were confronted by reporters several times at home on Tuesday, according to the club.

Crass act. :thumbsdown::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back