Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, I love everyone saying wear it on the dais as if we haven't been trying to win a flag until now!

Jeez.
Not on the day, after its won.

That's iconic. That's how to do it.

Give it a fking kiss, rub it in. Simple. It's be AFL Folklore for decades.

Nothing much new statement from Koch.

Do we accept the decision and just start the argument again next year, or do we say “fu** this sh*t” and just do it, copping the penalty.

I think, eventually, we must escalate. People will just tune out from us making the same ruckus every year, and then that indifference will give way to ridicule.

I didn't get to see us win in 2004, but I've had to endure every bedshit and heartbreak before and since. I'm still upset enough about that that I'm almost pathological and superstitiously averse to anything that might jeopardise a Port premiership. But I'm still in favour of us putting 4 points on the line and wearing the bars in our Showdown. Nothing could better illustrate, to our fans, to Gil and his merry band of effete dilettante pricks at the AFL, and to the rest of the competition, how important this issue is and how seriously we take it.

Stopping us from wearing it with threats only fuels the fire.

Do Ed and the doubters seriously think it will just go away ? Their fingers in the dike.

If only Eddie cared this much about fighting the systemic racism in his club he may still be president.

Of course, he can't remember any conversation mentioning that in the last 20 years, but can recite contracts verbatim in reference to the prison bars

The Club statement contains nothing new and the decision by the AFL should not surprise anyone. If we want to put this issue to bed we are going to have to escalate matters. Whether that means a Court action to test the validity of the 2007 agreement is up to the PAFC Board but somehow we have to show the AFL that we want this issue resolved once and for all. If we do not exhaust every avenue to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion it will drag on for decades as it has already done.

I am not sure if the AFL constitution allows constituent Clubs to sue the AFL. I would not be surprised it didn't. :huh::mad:

It’s nice to see respected journalists and other people in the media appear to be on our side.

Just the nuffies of the general public that can’t work it out

These cries about respecting Collingwood and their history are so utterly disingenuous ....
Has Eddie actually explained how another AFL club wearing a guernsey that they have worn for over 100 years in a state competition that only a complete moron would mistake for a Collingwood guernsey is disrespectful to Collingwood?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that he’s called out the AFL for dodging the 2007 heritage agreement in their response. It forms a key part of our request and they have simply refused to acknowledge it in any capacity. They need to be pressed on this point.

This guy is brilliant....reading his other tweets on the subject I'm truly impressed.

Totally agree. Clear, concise, factual and always respectful.

Take this line for example - says it all in 16 words:

'i still can't see how Port wearing it twice a year makes Collingwood any less Collingwood'

Which I had his class (and tolerance).

Wearing the jumper without permission looks and feels like it is juvenile and stupid but what other option do we have? We are talking about a jumper that many players put their body on the line for the success of the club, a jumper that is not just heritage but is the symbol of who we are and what we have been, and many Port people that have passed on have loved it, worn it, and perhaps even been buried with it. I think we have to put our 'body on the line' so to speak and risk 4 points at some stage in this saga, be it this year or next or whenever. The question is, when to do it? If we get down to the last round and a loss or win does not change our position ... consider it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back